GUILTY IL - Alexis Stubbs, 12, pleaded for life as she was stabbed, Chicago, 11 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Zach, thank you for your recent post here. I have bookmarked your daughter;s site and the WS pages to read more in-depth later. I am sad that a I did not know of this case long before today. My condolences to you and blessing for keeping her story out here.

My heart breaks every time something like this happens and it could have been prevented. I shudder to imagine Alexis crying "Daddy please don't". The saddest part is not even that she died, but that this SHOULD HAVE BEEN prevented. She was brainwashed into thinking this horrible man was her daddy after knowing him only a few years. She never let go of that myth even to the end. This child deserved a real daddy, one who would protect her, NOT hurt her!

From everything I can tell she was such a sweet girl.

We need to do something. This has been going on in our society way too long.

- Step parents need mandatory background checks and parenting classes.

- Family Courts, Probation, Child Protection, schools, etc need mandatory education and accountability for blatantly ignoring red flags.

NEVER FORGET ALEXIS STUBBS!

NEVER FORGET JAYDEN GLOMB!

NEVER FORGET KARA AND CHADNEY ALLEN!

NEVER FORGET ANJELICA MARIE!

And all the rest... lives taken by criminal 'step fathers' who never should have been in their lives.

www.AnjelicaMarie.com

I understand that everyone is quick to blame the mother but we do not know the circumstances. We do not know how/why she let him in. Did he force himself in? She tried to get him out KNOWING that her lease did not allow felons that to me says something about this woman. She tried and was absolutely a victim (as far as the details of the case I have read allow). Sometimes domestic abuse victims are so scared of their abuser they stay and take him back. Did he threaten her? Her daughter? We dont know at the moment so my thoughts go out to this precious child and her mom.

Remember again we do not know the woman's life and history. Do not judge unless you were there or there is clear evidence of her not loving this child.

Who is to blame? ... Umm ... 3 years for attempted murder??!?!?

- Step parents need mandatory background checks and parenting classes.

- Family Courts, Probation, Child Protection, schools, etc need mandatory education and accountability for blatantly ignoring red flags.

I think you have a great point there, but what if there were mandatory parenting classes for seniors in high school? (or earlier?) with parents approval?. I mean I took some stupid electives in high school I'm sure that parenting could be in there. Maybe a short month course or something, and no I'm not talking about carrying an egg around. I'm talking about realistic parenting classes possibly within sexual educational curriculum.

On your other point, the red flags being ignored is the thing that gets me the most. The courts (US, UK etc) need to re-evaluate and change. 3 years for attempted murder did nothing for this "man" (I use that term loosely). These pathetic sentences of horrific crimes need to be addressed and fixed ASAP.

Example:
...officer Johannes Meserle: After his partner wrestled a man named Oscar Grant to the ground, shouting racial slurs at him, Meserle pulled his gun and shot him point-blank in the back. His defense lawyer claimed that Meserle made a mistake and thought he was shooting him with his taser, despite the two items operating completely differently. That didn’t stop the jury from giving him the lightest charge possible, involuntary manslaughter, instead of the cold-blooded murder that witnesses saw. Meserle got a scant two years with time served for killing an innocent man execution style.
Read more at http://www.craveonline.com/mandator...-out-for-the-worst-crimes#HSXvBUZtZMzAhpCB.99

Robert H. Richards IV committed one of the most nightmarish crimes imaginable when he raped his three-year-old daughter. The heir to the du Pont chemical fortune was charged with multiple counts of second-degree child rape, which carry a minimum sentence of 10 years. He hired a high-priced lawyer who managed to get the charges reduced to fourth-degree rape contingent on a plea. The total time Richards got in jail? Absolutely nothing. The judge ruled that the child rapist would “not fare well” behind bars, so shouldn’t be incarcerated.
Read more at http://www.craveonline.com/mandator...-out-for-the-worst-crimes#HSXvBUZtZMzAhpCB.99

Colin Read seems like somebody with a serious anger problem — when his wife forgot to iron his shirts one day, he retaliated by viciously branding her with a steaming hot iron. He had also cut her with a knife because she didn’t make him a sandwich. That’s the kind of violent, unstable individual who should be in jail, right? Not according to the judge, who gave the management consultant a paltry £2,000 fine and no jail time — not even any community service, because his job made him “too busy” to do it.

Loren Morris is a troubling one, in many ways due to its circumstances. When she was 16, Morris started having sexual intercourse with an eight-year-old boy, and continued to molest him over 50 times through the next two years. Police found out about it when the boy talked to schoolyard friends, and took her in on child sexual intercourse charges. Morris, now 21, was given the lightest sentence possible, just two years, because the judge thought that she “realized it was wrong.”
Richard W. Thompson is a sex offender who was found guilty of molesting a 12-year-old girl in 2006. When it was time for sentencing, judge Kristine Cecava laid down a ruling that had observers scratching their heads. She admitted that Thompson’s crime deserved prison time, but gave him probation instead… due to his height. The judge was concerned that the 5’1″ molester was “too small to survive” doing hard time in state prison. Needless to say, victims rights organizations were more than a little miffed about the bizarre decision.

and so many more:

Richard W. Thompson is a sex offender who was found guilty of molesting a 12-year-old girl in 2006. He got probation because the judge though he was TOO SHORT to be incarcerated (he is 5'1")

I think you have a great point there, but what if there were mandatory parenting classes for seniors in high school? (or earlier?) with parents approval?....

Great idea. Something I've put a lot of thought into before. REAL education on high school. Including parenting.

BUT, step parenting has specific issues. And that's my focus right now because of what has happened to my daughter and so many other children.

In Virginia they don't do background checks for step parent adoption and they have zero restrictions on who you bring around your children.

Least we could do is make these children's suffering and deaths help save another child.

I don't have much to add to the story, <modsnip> I get a bit uncomfortable when everyone starts lashing out at the mother, because it overshadows the responsibility for this laying solely on the killer. She has lost her child, and there are a lot of people hurting right now. I feel that if the investigators feel there are appropriate charges to file, they will and that can be discussed if and when they decide that. In the meantime, I think it is best to assume that this mother is also a victim and should be treated with the same respect as any other grieving mother.

I'm not sure what the laws are in the US but there should be an automatic restraining order in cases someone is jailed for domestic abuse. Not that it stops some of them so perhaps regular monitoring after release as well to make sure they don't get close to the victim(s) again.

I'm not sure what the laws are in the US but there should be an automatic restraining order in cases someone is jailed for domestic abuse. Not that it stops some of them so perhaps regular monitoring after release as well to make sure they don't get close to the victim(s) again.

Yes that would be a really good idea. Imagine if money was spent on a social worker to educate the victim, basic safety information and common pitfalls when someone is released - because unfortunately it is human nature to want to reconcile and make things right, to heal the hurt. To have resources ready for those who has suffered abuse to help with that safety, like unlisted phone numbers, alarms, moving home if need be. Counselling. And then restraining orders automatically. We know so many people fall victim again. It would be great if we could make the jail time count for something in making them less vulnerable.

This post falls at random.

There are NO verified insiders on this case so posts must be supported and accompanied by MSM links.

The topic is the murder of Alexis. Off topic posts WILL be removed.

I know the mother is a victim, but why did she allow him to move in AND WHY SEND HER UPSTAIRS?! WHY?!!!
RIP Alexis. Fly high.
I can't understand her. Unbelievable.

Sent from my Life One X2 using Tapatalk
Exactly. You don't bring random men into your kids lives... the mother had been investigated for neglect.

I am in the fence about the mother. All bold below is done by me.

From http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/daddy-please-dont-alexis-stubbs-begged-stepfather-for-her-life/

Mom and Alexis drive to store for cigarettes

Did mom send Alexis to the neighbor's thinking she was keeping her away from a volatile situation?
- - -
This article describes a lack of staffing with the local police department. It does not say anything about having gone to the store or sending Alexis to the neighbor's. It does say the mother stepped outside to wait for police to arrive, but no mention of where Alexis was at that moment. I am questioning if the original articles we have read were totally accurate. This info apparently came from the dispatch records (or at least the parts about the 911 calls)

http://www.cwbchicago.com/2017/06/the-murder-of-alexis-stubbs-two-cops.html

and from https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20170623/uptown/alexis-stubbs-funeral-12-year-old-uptown

Who set the one week limit? courts or the mother ?

I don't know if this question has been answered. I once lived in public housing and the limits for visitors are set by the housing authority. Where I lived, we had to let the office know we were going to have a visitor and for how long. We had to give the make, year, model and plate number of any vehicle the visitor might have and, if the visitor stayed more than 1 week we were warned once... and then, if the visitor did not leave, eviction proceedings began.

It's rather old news now, but I don't see that it has yet been posted. John Singleton has been tried, convicted and sentenced for the murder of 12 year old Alexis Stubbs. More info and photos at the link:

Chicago man sentenced to 60 years for stabbing girlfriend's daughter to death | Daily Mail Online

"A Chicago man has been jailed for 60 years for stabbing his girlfriend's 12-year-old daughter to death.

Alexis Stubbs could be heard on voicemail screaming "daddy don't" while she was repeatedly stabbed by John Singleton in June 2017.

The 32-year-old man was sentenced this week after he pleaded guilty to first-degree murder. Other charges were dropped, including aggravated kidnapping and aggravated battery involving a police officer."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mustanglawton
Back