GUILTY IL - Alysha Quate, 6, body hidden in garage, Centreville, 2013 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wish this article would reword the part about having sex with one daughter, he didn't have sex with her, he raped her.

Thank you! It makes me crazy when reports about any type of sexual assault says "he had sex with the victim". No, no he didn't.

Thank you! It makes me crazy when reports about any type of sexual assault says "he had sex with the victim". No, no he didn't.

It might be that they can't use the word rape as it's a criminal act - until they have charged him, maybe they can't use it? Just thinking out loud. Although I'm sure they could use other words to describe it other than having sex with them, so it's still lazy journalism.

So are these two still waiting extradition to Illinois, as the article in post #103 states?

And "when" is the next court date? If anyone knows, of course!

TIA! :wave:

JUSTICE for ALYSHA! :rose:

:judge:

Found an update for a court hearing, but unfortunately it has passed.... but here's the article from June 10th -

Next court date set in Vegas for father of dead Belleville girl
http://www.bnd.com/news/local/article157165894.html

A Las Vegas judge on Tuesday scheduled a July 26 hearing to determine whether Jason Quate will stand trial on 33 child sex abuse charges.
The 34-year-old’s public defender, Katrina Ross, has confirmed Quate intends to plead not guilty to at least two of the almost 40 charges he faces in connection to his alleged mistreatment of his wife and two daughters in Las Vegas, according to a report by the Associated Press.
[.....]
Jason Quate has been charged with five counts of sexual assault against a child younger than 14, 21 counts of lewdness with a child younger than 14, one count of committing open or gross lewdness with a child younger than 18, and six counts of child abuse and neglect, two alleging severe mental or bodily harm. In addition, police charged him with sex-trafficking of an adult, accepting and receiving the earnings of a prostitute and possessing child *advertiser censored*.
The AP reported that if Quate is convicted of the five child-sexual-assault counts and 21 lewdness-with-a-minor counts, he could be sentenced to 385 years to life in Nevada state prison.
[.....]
In Illinois, Jason Quate and Elizabeth Quate were both charged June 9 with concealing Alysha’s homicidal death.

So wondering when the next date will be.... maybe in August?

If anyone finds one - please post! TIA!

Google Alert - sharing

Article from 16 hours ago (8-17-17)

Former Belleville couple indicted for hiding their daughter's body following her murder
http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/...cle_cf9eb28f-ba7f-5aa2-ab04-2771faadfe62.html

ST. CLAIR COUNTY • A grand jury has indicted a former Belleville couple on charges that they concealed the homicidal death of their daughter.
[.....]
His biological parents, Perlis and Geraldine Wilkes, were sentenced to life in prison for murdering his maternal great-grandmother, Cora Haverkamp, 72, of Sparta in 1983. Geraldine Wilkes lured her grandmother into her car by asking her to get ice cream, the Southern Illinoisan reported at the time. The older woman typically carried large amounts of cash because she didn’t trust banks.
Perlis Wilkes beat and strangled Haverkamp before he and a friend dumped her body in the Mississippi River.
Geraldine Wilkes died in prison. Perlis Wilkes remains incarcerated.

Well, of course they give no date in the article for next hearing.... :gaah:

So at least both these "people" have been indicted for "hiding a body"; wonder "when" murder charges will be?

In the above article he does say he hit his little girl....

I'll keep an eye for the next date - but if you happened to see one - please post!

TIA!

JUSTICE for ALYSHA! :rose:

:judge:

Can't seem to find anything current for this....Anyone?TIA!

Okay - I used duckduckgo instead of Google and found an updated hearing date!

Court Date Reset in Vegas for Illinois Child Killing Suspect
http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2017/06/22/vegas-illinois-child-killing-suspect-jason-quate-court-date/

LAS VEGAS (AP) — A court hearing was reset for a 34-year-old man suspected of killing his young daughter in Illinois, forcing his wife into prostitution in Las Vegas and abusing two daughters kept hidden in an apartment.
A judge on Thursday pushed back to Sept. 21 the date for Jason Scott Quate’s next appearance on sex trafficking and living from the earnings of a prostitute charges.
[.....]
Prosecutor James Sweetin says the postponement lets the state go forward with a separate case charging Quate with child sexual assault, abuse and lewdness involving the daughters, ages 11 and 13.

So I'm guessing the Illinois charges are on "hold" until this one is over?

This guy had a hearing on the 21st - anyone find anything??

*Prelim Hearing in Nevada - NV/IL - Alysha Quate (6) (2015) - Jason Quate (34), Father arrested in Las Vegas 6/6/17 (Quate & Wife, Elizabeth Odell-Quate (35) facing extradition to Illinois charged w/concealing a death Class 3 Felony)
Illinois: 8/16/17: indicted for hiding body; no further dates./no update as of 8/29.
Nevada: Hearing held July 26: has been charged with five counts of sexual assault against a child younger than 14, 21 counts of lewdness with a child younger than 14, one count of committing open or gross lewdness with a child younger than 18, and six counts of child abuse and neglect, two alleging severe mental or bodily harm. In addition, police charged him with sex-trafficking of an adult, accepting and receiving the earnings of a prostitute and possessing child *advertiser censored*.

TIA! :wave:

:bump: up just in case someone finds anything "new"!

JQ had a court hearing on Sept. 21st....

Received a Google alert on this case - finally!

I-Team: Man accused of killing and hiding daughter's body indicted

http://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/i-t...-and-hiding-daughters-body-indicted/881347367

LAS VEGAS - A man who police say admitted to killing his daughter and hiding her body was indicted on 44 counts.

The charges against Jason Quate include lewdness and sexual assault with a child under the age of 14, child abuse with a deadly weapon, and incest. These charges are related to Quate's other young daughters.

This indictment isn't related to the murder case from Illinois. Quate is accused of concealment of a homicide there.
[.....]
Elizabeth O'Dell Quate also faces charges including concealment of a homicidal death in Illinois. It is unclear where O'dell is right now.

of course no further courts dates listed....

Anyone hear what's going on with this case? Or what jail he's in - county, etc. I'll try and find out!

TIA!

A Las Vegas woman (Elizabeth Quate) accused of concealing the death of her 6-year-old daughter in Belleville spent about four months in St. Clair County jail before a judge significantly reduced her bond in November, while Las Vegas prosecutors are working toward a trial for the more than 40 charges her husband faces there.
[....]
The 36-year-old woman was being held at the St. Clair County jail on an $750,000 bail, according to a motion filed by a defense lawyer to reduce Elizabeth Quate’s bond. In light of that request, Judge Zina Cruse reduced the bail on Nov. 20 to $30,000.
[....]
Her jury trial is scheduled to begin March 26. As a class 3 felony, the crime is punishable by up to five years in prison.

Court records indicate Jason Quate is still in custody and is scheduled for hearings in those cases on Jan. 9 and 10.

Read more here: http://www.bnd.com/news/local/article192943164.html#storylink=cpy

Just :bump: up for today's hearing:

Tuesday, January 9th:
*Prelim Hearing in Nevada - NV/IL - Alysha Quate (6) (2015) - for Jason Quate (34), Father arrested in Las Vegas 6/6/17 charged & indicted on 12/15/17 with five counts of sexual assault against a child younger than 14, 21 counts of lewdness with a child younger than 14, one count of committing open or gross lewdness with a child younger than 18, and six counts of child abuse and neglect, two alleging severe mental or bodily harm. In addition, police charged him with sex-trafficking of an adult, accepting and receiving the earnings of a prostitute and possessing child
*advertiser censored*. Hearing continues tomorrow Jan. 10th.
Illinois on 8/16/17 indicted for hiding body; no further dates on this case.
Elizabeth Odell-Quate (35), Mother in Illinois charged w/concealing a death Class 3 Felony; out on bond. Her trial date March 26th.

Hearing continues today:

Wednesday, January 10th:
*Prelim Hearing continues in Nevada - NV/IL - Alysha Quate (6) (2015) - for Jason Quate (34), Father arrested in Las Vegas 6/6/17 charged & indicted on 12/15/17 with five counts of sexual assault against a child younger than 14, 21 counts of lewdness with a child younger than 14, one count of committing open or gross lewdness with a child younger than 18, and six counts of child abuse and neglect, two alleging severe mental or bodily harm. In addition, police charged him with sex-trafficking of an adult, accepting and receiving the earnings of a prostitute and possessing child *advertiser censored*.
Illinois on 8/16/17 indicted for hiding body; no further dates on this case.
Elizabeth Odell-Quate (35), Mother in Illinois charged w/concealing a death Class 3 Felony; out on bond. Trial date March 26th.

St. Louis prosecutor charges couple with concealing child's death
http://news3lv.com/news/local/man-a...ing-his-wife-appears-before-a-las-vegas-judge

LAS VEGAS (KSNV News3LV) —

Prosecutors in Illinois have filed homicide charges on the parents of a 6-year-old girl whose body was found in a container.
[.....]
Law enforcement in Illinois believes 35-year-old Elizabeth Quate and her husband Jason had a role in their daughter Alysha's murder.
[.....]
On Wednesday (Jan. 10th), Quate had plenty to say to News 3 behind bars. He denied those accusations.

"This is all her idea. She wanted to come out here and be a prostitute. She wanted to do all this. I never forced her to do this. I begged her to get a job," Jason Quate said, in an interview on Wednesday.

and of course, no date mentioned for next court hearing.... :gaah:

if anyone finds - it would be very much appreciated! I keep getting this kind of message:

Some results may have been removed under data protection law in Europe. Learn more

So not able to find much....

:bump: ing this up.

I know "mom" has trial on March 26th, anyone heard anyone on the "father" in Las Vegas, or is he in Illinois too?

TIA!

Don't know if this is really happening as I haven't found any updates lately.

Monday, March 26th:
*Trial set to begin - IL - Alysha Quate (6) (2015) - Elizabeth Odell-Quate (35), Mother in Illinois charged with murder & with concealing a death Class 3 Felony. Trial starts today.
*IL - Jason Quate (34), Father charged with murder and for hiding body. No date as of 3/22/18 re Nevada resolution.
*NV - Jason Quate (34), Father arrested in Las Vegas 6/6/17 charged & indicted on 12/15/17 with five counts of sexual assault against a child younger than 14, 21 counts of lewdness with a child younger than 14, one count of committing open or gross lewdness with a child younger than 18, and six counts of child abuse and neglect, two alleging severe mental or bodily harm. In addition, police charged him with sex-trafficking of an adult, accepting and receiving the earnings of a prostitute and possessing child *advertiser censored*. Had hearings on Jan. 9th & 10th; no resolution as of 3/22/18

Anyone know IF this is really happening?? I personally haven't seen any updates....

SBHack - you're good at finding things! :D

TIA if you find something! :wave:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaggieM