Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think this thread is ALSO about Child Protective Services who were called multiple times to rescue these little boys and were involve in AJ’s life since he was born... if this is NOT a child who needed immediate protection, what is??? I have empathy for drug addicts, but I have ZERO empathy for drug addicts losing their child. They are NOT fit to be parents so removing the child from the home should be a priority to the sober people in this world. Why the heck didn’t Protective Services take AJ from this situation? It was obvious from day 1 he did not stand a chance. I’m angry because why do CDPS exists? To check houses full of needles, urine, feces, no heat, no food, fighting drug addicts and children under 5 and think: oh, they will be fine?!

No disrespect intended. DCPS collects data and investigates, then presents the information to a Judge who issues a protective order to remove and protect the child. He can only remove IF and when a state or federal law is broken. If they could remove based on human instinct more kids would be alive today.

I would rather the system be extremely cautious. If it saves one child’s life it’s worth it.

Very true ... with that said, there is nothing worse than being a good mom and knowing when you take your kid to the ER, your going to be ridiculed and looked at badly. Usually the moms that don’t care about their kids and harm them, won’t be going to get their kids help!!! It’s very sad

HAPPENING NOW: @CrystalLakePD, McHenry Co. Animal Control remove dog from home where 5-year-old Andrew “AJ” Freund went missing last Wednesday. @cbschicago

Eric Cox on Twitter

(Video at link)
I don’t know why but seeing the furbaby made me cry also. If only one parent is responsible I hope the other one doesn’t end up getting the youngest boy back from DCFS

I wish so much that child protective services had removed him from the home. It is so common that children slip thru the cracks.
I have worked with addicts, and I don't refer to anyone as a "junkie". But many of them do not need custody of their kids at all.
It hurts, but it's the way it is.
Right now my focus is on Andrew.
And where he is and who caused this to happen.
There will be plenty of time later to point fingers where they probably need to be pointed.
Chi
Sorry if the term "junkie" isn't suitable, but I get it. They are human beings too. However, I simply use the term because many of them also use the term. It's an ugly term, but suitable and descriptive. Persons who cannot stop filling their bodies with "junk." I'm a recovering food "junkie" myself.

Snipped for bevity
I’m always shocked to read about drug addicts being able to get disability, if true, like it’s easy peasy. I have relatives that have legit health conditions who have had to fight tooth and nail for at least a year minimum to get their ss disability. Am I missing info where this is so easily accessible to addicts.

Understand though that a high percentage of addicts were at one point your average citizen until an injury happened where they were then prescribed narcotics..... fell off a roof, car accident, etc.
As their tolerance increased, the cost was too much, physicians stopped prescribing or not the dose they now need so they turn to heroin, crack, meth. It's cheap. Big pharm plays a role in the number of addicts we are contending with today , IMO.

Working in the medical field ... it can be infuriating what we see prescribed and happening on that side. There are measures in place to help prevent doctor shopping, polypharm, we flag high doses and call the prescribing physician and decrease or stop the narc scripts, and bring in pain management.Pain management monitors use and if there is any abuse , they are cut off which again leads to street drugs unless they decide to get treatment which they are then placed on suboxone or methadone. I could keep going but I will stop there.

Back to your point, the disability may initially have been valid stemming from an injury , but it then lead to addiction. We see this a lot at the hospital.
Whew! Long winded there.

MOO

This is super tame!!! All is well in this thread ! We are all here for AJ! ❤️

To use an expression from my Grandmother, we are all just “nerved up”. While AJ needs closure and peace, we dread finding him. At the same time, livid at his parents and disgusted in the system we have in this country. The myriad of emotions . . . Nerved up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hurt911official