Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The dog did nothing wrong. I too hope loving family is allowed to adopt the dog
I have no doubt the dog will be allowed to go to good home unless verifiably very sick or dangerous. With all the attention this case has received it would cause major upheaval in the media and backlash to those making the decision to do anything less. There are animal rights groups that pay attention and have probably already been in contact.

Seriously. Could be. Not definitely. So instead of investigating further the door was slammed shut on poor little Andrew.
SMH.
Exactly. And if she couldn’t answer that question because she wasn’t a forensic doctor why not just consult a forensic doctor from the start. If my toilet isn’t working at home I don’t ask my lawn care guy for his opinion. This can’t be the first time they’ve consulted a doctor for input.

AJ was not in that home for almost two years. If he did not suffer from a behavioral / neurological disorder after being born w/opiates in his system, I’d be surprised. I suspect that by age two, he was not easy for them to control. He’d known other “parents” in foster care and may have missed them? I’d miss them too if I were delivered to Hell. There was domestic violence in that home between his birth parents so I’m not surprised it was dealt to him, as well. Under the influence of drugs, these so called “parents” felt nothing. It’s just so sickening . . . Following this is looking evil straight in the face.

Addicts use drugs to numb themselves of emotion. That's the point, to not feel what they are feeling. So, yes, they didn't feel anything, as often as they could, at any and all expense. AJ paid. I'm surprised they were given bond.

JoAnn Cunningham Criminal Complaint

Her documents are up and it does list the charges for 3/4/19. Looks like she physically abused him then as well. So heart breaking!! Unless they discovered something during the investigation that indicated she beat him on the 4th, someone did not do their job in protecting this poor boy and, I'm sure, his younger brother.

I do think she lied to her attorney and once he realized that and the truth, he was out. It would be hard to represent someone like that. I'm sure there is some awful evidence involved as well. I agree with the person who posted that she'll probably play the victim card; probably will blame AJ Sr stating he threatened her and made her do it. I don't know if she could get away with saying he beat her because of the body search they did on her.

Definitely said prayers for P this morning as he probably witnessed all of this. My heart hurts for him.

She tortured AJ by confining him in a cold shower for an extended period of time.

This is not a spanking gone bad (as if that's an excuse). This is sick

A look into Illinois boy's short life reveals a series of injustices

The welfare worker did not go out to the home because the cause of the bruise was undetermined. The house was so bad that the police also called a building inspector who was denied entry into the home. This usually means someone thought the home was unsafe for occupancy or in bad enough condition to be condemned. This was another missed chance to get him out of the home.

But months later, authorities were called to the family's home again. This time, they saw more signs of neglect.

One officer found dog feces and urine scattered in the home in December, according to a police report.

During that visit, the officer reported a suspicious bruise on one of the children. But a welfare worker couldn't determine whether it was the result of abuse, the report said. Someone at the house said it may have been caused by a dog.

Police described broken windows and a strong smell of feces in the area where AJ and his younger brother slept.

One officer contacted Crystal Lake Building and Zoning to inspect the home.

"Upon arrival B&Z was denied entry into the residence," the officer wrote.

This makes me cry. Poor babies. )-:

JoAnn Cunningham Criminal Complaint

Her documents are up and it does list the charges for 3/4/19. Looks like she physically abused him then as well. So heart breaking!! Unless they discovered something during the investigation that indicated she beat him on the 4th, someone did not do their job in protecting this poor boy and, I'm sure, his younger brother.

I do think she lied to her attorney and once he realized that and the truth, he was out. It would be hard to represent someone like that. I'm sure there is some awful evidence involved as well. I agree with the person who posted that she'll probably play the victim card; probably will blame AJ Sr stating he threatened her and made her do it. I don't know if she could get away with saying he beat her because of the body search they did on her.

Definitely said prayers for P this morning as he probably witnessed all of this. My heart hurts for him.

I wasn't able to find the 3/4/19 charge at the above link. Is there another link or am I missing something? I just see the 4/15/19 charges.

But hey the reports were "unfounded". Apparently a child has to die before this DCSF agent will take a police officers word, over a drug addled mother, father.
MOO
I understand your frustrations. At the same time, the burden of proof required to legally remove a child from a home can be very high.

Over the years, we have opened are home to children in difficult situations. Two pairs of siblings in particular showed signs of endangerment: little or no food in the homes, diets consisted of purchased junk food, absentee parents, erratic behavior by the mothers, sanitary problems in one home- the other home was run by a mega controlling clean freak, ex con boy friends, strange bruises etc.

I did some research after one mother pulled a “one stunt too many”. The CPS and school councelors that I spoke to told me that the proof of abuse must be overwhelming and almost always be observed by a state employee- not neighbors etc. In short, being a bad parent, an absentee parent, a substance abusing parent, an unsanitary parent etc in and of themselves is not legal grounds for removal. Nor is having a home with out electricity etc.

Then factor in that some parents are good at “gaming” the system:

- Going out on the town? Always tell the children you are going to work and the grocery store- hours dont matter. Cuts down on CPS questioning.

- Reward the children if they refuse to answer the door when CPS comes ‘a callin. This gives the parents a chance to clean up, get groceries etc. before the next visit.

Last edited:
I understand your frustrations. At the same time, the burden of proof required to remove a child from a home can be very high.

Over the years, we have opened are home to children in difficult situations. Two pairs of siblings in particular showed signs of endangerment: little or no food in the homes, diets consisted of purchased junk food, absentee parents, erratic behavior by the mothers, sanitary problems in one home- the other home was run by a mega controlling clean freak, ex con boy friends, bruises, CPS visits, teacher concerns, our concerns etc. etc.

I did some research after one mother pulled a “one stunt too many” (my home life growing up was not ideal, so “stunts” by parents don’t necessarily get me calling 911. Neither does corporal punishment). Anyways, the CPS and school councelors that I spoke to told me that the proof of abuse must be overwhelming and observed by a state employee- not neighbors etc.

Then factor in that some parents are good at “gaming” the system:

- Going out with the boy friend for a binge? Always tell the children you are going to work and the grocery store. Cuts down on CPS questioning.

- Reward the children if they refuse to answer the door when CPS comes ‘a callin. This gives the parents a chance to clean up, get groceries etc.
Horrible. That a child has to wind up dead,and buried before there is enough proof.
The abusers rights overrule the rights of the children.
:*(

It makes me sick to read that JC was crying in court today. Of all the times I saw her previously, I never saw a single tear.

I almost hate to say this, and it also I know doesn't make sense, but in my experience a lot of time it's because this is the first real time they come to terms with what they did and/or the repercussions of it. I'm not excusing them at all, and the woman deserves everything coming to her, but its likely she's been going through the motions and now she has to actually face it.

I almost hate to say this, and it also I know doesn't make sense, but in my experience a lot of time it's because this is the first real time they come to terms with what they did and/or the repercussions of it. I'm not excusing them at all, and the woman deserves everything coming to her, but its likely she's been going through the motions and now she has to actually face it.
This does make sense to me and I'm sure you see this is the courtroom often.

Anyone who wants to make excuses for DCSF need to take it to the hole poor Andrew's starved,and battered bodybody dug up,and bury their excuses there. Because that where the excuses belong.
Dead and buried.

Though there is a possibility of dereliction of duty by DCSF employees, the fact that a child was murdered does not automatically mean DCSF is at fault.

DCSF is bound by the laws of the state. Removing children from homes in a democratic society can be legally very difficult.

No detox and put them straight into the general public.

I haven't seen his mug shot, but saw hers. She looks puzzled, as if she's wondering how it got to this. She has no one to blame but herself. Her addiction got her right where she is. She needs to own it. Did she enter a plea yet?

One hell of a bottom for both of them. I hope the both plead guilty, but I doubt that will happen. I expect JC to play the victim card.

GP, and NO detox. Let them go through the withdrawals cold turkey, it still won't be as much suffering as they caused little AJ.

For Him YES! If she weren't pregnant, I'd agree. But there is a sweet baby girl who needs a healthy start to her life to be concerned about.

Though there is a possibility of dereliction of duty by DCSF employees, the fact that a child was murdered does not automatically mean DCSF is at fault.

DCSF is bound by the laws of the state. Removing children from homes in a democratic society can be legally very difficult.
That was what I wondered; is it time for revamping of laws to protect kids at risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deprizilla