Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I
This is interesting from the inmates at the local jail. Doesn't bode well for the Freund and Cunningham.

"After the bond hearings, inmates appeared to hang the note, "RIP AJ," in a cellblock window above the entry to the McHenry County jail." Authorities: Andrew 'AJ' Freund died of head trauma days before dad reported him missing
I saw the signage but thought jail employee made it. How would inmates have access to the supplies? Scissors, glue, poster board, etc?

I

I saw the signage but thought jail employee made it. How would inmates have access to the supplies? Scissors, glue, poster board, etc?
I agree. If it were an inmate there would be video of who did it and he/she would have an infraction. That wouldn't or shouldn't be allowed.
ETA: Just to clarify. Something like that could cause a very dangerous situation to the jail staff.

Last edited:
I only got to page 22....they appear to do a great job of investigating after the children have died.

Of the 98 deaths, 18 were ruled homicides, 26 undetermined, 27 accidents, and 27 natural causes.

Undetermined but suspicious appears several times.

Hey, so glad to have another that loves a good 200 pages report!!! I've had a few phone calls, got the intro., the ground rules, who the players agencies are and the first three cases.

The detail, the hand holding, the constant follow up, and generally riding their a$$ daily, I don't know how these workers did it. Yea, their are recommendations but, they are going need an army and a massive amount of foster parents. Some of these folks you'd have to almost live with them.

Oh look his mom was so distraught she managed to paint her fingernails white for the court hearing. I hate these people. I wish they would have shot AJ instead at least it would have been fast instead of slow painful torturous death freezing in ice cold water for lord knows how long then afterward having your skull and brain bashed in by your own parents with this evil look of your mother glaring over you. The one who is supposed to love and protect you from Mom.

Do we know the order of events? I haven’t read everything yet. For some reason I was thinking the blows occurred before or during the cold shower. In fact, I had wondered if they put him in a cold shower to try and reduce swelling or something. Not sure why I thought this. My imagination can get going at times...

I only got to page 22....they appear to do a great job of investigating after the children have died.

Of the 98 deaths, 18 were ruled homicides, 26 undetermined, 27 accidents, and 27 natural causes.

Undetermined but suspicious appears several times.

I bet, many of the cases are on WS.

Oh look his mom was so distraught she managed to paint her fingernails white for the court hearing. I hate these people. I wish they would have shot AJ instead at least it would have been fast instead of slow painful torturous death freezing in ice cold water for lord knows how long then afterward having your skull and brain bashed in by your own parents with this evil look of your mother glaring over you. The one who is supposed to love and protect you from Mom.
At least she's wearing prison stripes.

Might seem random, but another piercing thought that wont leave my brain is how we discussed over days and weeks during Lucas' case that Emily already had her kids taken away......WTF was she doing caring for Lucas, and now another baby?

This is the same scenario!! Oldest son taken away, then allowed to care for additional children, and look - abused to death!! My head is spinning!!!!

All of you 50 or older, think how many times in your school years a kid went missing or was killed. Rarely, right?
With the advent of drugs/internet, the struggles of making it in our world, people do not parent any more, imo.
This is only going to worsen until there’s a way out.
Jmo and I’m pissed. Tomorrow, we’ll have a new case, I think.
We only know the ones that hit msm, too.
What about the other cases, with no msm coverage. Newscasts are time limited.

Might seem random, but another piercing thought that wont leave my brain is how we discussed over days and weeks during Lucas' case that Emily already had her kids taken away......WTF was she doing caring for Lucas, and now another baby?

This is the same scenario!! Oldest son taken away, then allowed to care for additional children, and look - abused to death!! My head is spinning!!!!

Judge place kids under protective order and remove and they they just start over. A whole new family.

I know, it's one after the next. It's ridiculous and totally out of control. :(:mad:

Do we know the order of events? I haven’t read everything yet. For some reason I was thinking the blows occurred before or during the cold shower. In fact, I had wondered if they put him in a cold shower to try and reduce swelling or something. Not sure why I thought this. My imagination can get going at times...
I believe according to the charging documents. Extended cold shower first.

Here are some interesting reads.
When Trump signed spending bill, he signed into law a huge overhaul of foster care

For Newborns Exposed To Opioids, Health Issues May Be The Least Of Their Problems

Neither of these are a defense of these parents or DCFS. I was just trying to find out what the current data says about how to fix this issue. There seems to be a lot of emphasis on keeping families together at almost any cost. I’m not sure I agree. (Also, I am not trying to get political with the first article, I was just curious what current funding looks like)

Sorry if I'm late as these threads go fast and I'm catching up..

I'm not sure I agree with keeping children with their own families at all costs; however, we hear time and time again stories of children in the foster system that suffer greatly, which might be a reason they do that. Plus, are there enough eligible foster parents for all of the children they would remove from families?

I agree. If it were an inmate there would be video of who did it and he/she would have an infraction. That wouldn't or shouldn't be allowed,
I

It says letters. Inmates have access to paper. Inmates are very savvy they use toothpaste as glue.

Often times the complaint will give a range of dates but the date on the complaint are pretty specific. The timing of events probably won't come out until later. I was hoping the affidavits to the complaints would be included to provide more info. I did notice that some of the complaint pages were missing. The words "extended period of time" were used for the shower so I am doubting the shower was to help swelling. JMO

It says letters. Inmates have access to paper. Inmates are very savvy they use toothpaste as glue.
Yes they are. I haven't read the article and am only going by what has been stated here but even so jails have cameras everywhere and it would be an infraction for an inmate to do something like that. They would lose privileges which is all they have.

Yes they are. I haven't read the article and am only going by what has been stated here but even so jails have cameras everywhere and it would be an infraction for an inmate to do something like that. They would lose privileges which is all they have.

If I was a guard I'd have to look the other way.
If I was the inmate I'd take the punishment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper