Found Deceased IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019 *Arrests* - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
skeleton-computer-billboard-650.jpg

Me, at work, waiting for this presser to start....LOL!!!

If you are on public assistance, you will receive benefits for the children you give up for adoption for two years after you sign the paperwork. Cash benefits.
Can you say where you found this? I do know that in some states if a child is adopted out of foster care the child receives benefits for x number of years. In my state children adopted out of foster care receive educational opportunity program admission and a stipend to help with college. But I have never heard that birth parents get subsidies. I would love to read about it if this is true.

What state is this??? The adoptive parents can receive benefits for two years, but I've never seen a state give benefits to the parent. Usually, the parents are having to pay back and current support.

I'd love to know which state.

All states, it is a very little known benefit to encourage women on TANF to give babies up for adoption.

There are alot of "hidden" benefits for TANF recipients, unless you actually know the administrative rules, no one knows them. For example, if a TANF recipient has a written job offer in another state, TANF can issue direct cash benefits for moving, fixing your car, all kinds of things.

The case manager makes the decision for these benefits, who may be eligible.

First time posting about Andrew, but have followed from the beginning. IMO-I don't know how "mom" & "dad" ever got custody of Andrew back! Or how she kept him and his little brother for the last 3 years or so. I can only pray now that the little brother has a safe and stable home now and the new baby will somehow be ok when they are born. I've been watching NBC Chicago coverage of where they found little Andrew while they are waiting to show the pc. So sad seeing that.

They followee the,restoration plan by CPS, cleaned up their act, and their Lawyer convinced the Judge, they were reformed.

We've all seen how moms lawyer has defended and protected her. The court can only follow the law.

Why are there children at the press conf? I saw a young boy and an infant? Seriously?

Perhaps it was someone's day off and they got called to cover the press conference unexpectedly and weren't able to arrange childcare before. I'm assuming most parents would prefer their children not attend something like this and having them there is an extenuating circumstance. As a parent, I've been in a similar boat a few times and wouldn't have appreciated the scorn.

My feeling is that AJ died either from lack of medical attention when suffering from an illness, or that he starved to death. But we should know more after the press conference. I don't know if they'll be able to tell how long ago he died though since he was just found.

Perhaps it was someone's day off and they got called to cover the press conference unexpectedly and weren't able to arrange childcare before. I'm assuming most parents would prefer their children not attend something like this and having them there is an extenuating circumstance. As a parent, I've been in a similar boat a few times and wouldn't have appreciated the scorn.
I agree! People are so darn quick to judge! I'm tired of it.

Wasn't the mattress wrapped as it is evidence? I doubt that they would have been carrying that mattress up against their bodies if it was not wrapped to preserve the fibers etc on it.

My feeling is that AJ died either from lack of medical attention when suffering from an illness, or that he starved to death. But we should know more after the press conference. I don't know if they'll be able to tell how long ago he died though since he was just found.

You never really know with these maniacs. Could it be one of the cases I always read about where a parent gets angry and murders their child because they peed in their bed? One would think that if there was feces all over the house that urine soaked sheets wouldn't really raise their ire.

I expect that this case will usher in calls to thoroughly review DCFS procedure(s). Too late for AJ and close to 100 kids who have died over the past two years under their watch. The system didn’t break overnight and I expect lack of funding and staffing will be high on the list of reasons for failure.
Per: Foster Care Alumni of America - Illinois Chapter Facebook Page
Statement on Andrew “AJ” Freund

As the investigation now changes from a missing child to a child death, we ask Governor JB Pritzker to issue a State of Emergency or a Public Health Crises. AJ’s death once more shows that Illinois Department of Children and Family Services is failing it’s main mission statement “to protect children who are reported to be abused or neglected and to increase their families' capacity to safely care for them”. Chapter President James McIntyre stated “This family was in constant crisis, however even after a number of police calls and investigations Illinois has failed to protect AJ.” We strongly suggest putting into place new policies to address reviewing cases after they are deemed unfounded and review hotline calls that are taken as report only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Where is Jennifer*