IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to see the good in people, and I respect your opinion to believe him. I just can't get over the plea to his son to come home. As if he were a runaway teenager with the capability to not only make a decision to runaway on his own, but to also hear the plea. It's total nonsense and he (Dad) knows it's nonsense. He seems more preoccupied with looking a certain way than cooperating. It really bothers me that when he was asked to go with police, he refused. Mom and Dad both have guilt written all over their faces. JMO I'm happy to be proven wrong, and Andrew come home safe. I just don't think that's going to happen, and I believe Dad and Mom already know.

He may well be involved, i'm open to the possibility. At present, however (going by the brief statements we have ) there is (again it's only my opinion) nothing apart from him using "death" makes me make him a POI.

Do we have proof of DV? I hate to just jump tothat conclusion, without proof. Imvho, I view him as her enabler. He's much older than she is. At one time she was very pretty, however it's evident her addiction has taken a toll on her physically. I get the impression at one time she was a trophy gf for him......and perhaps, the money is going to her addiction rather than the mortgage.

I have seen zero evidence of DV.
He was arrested a few years ago for domestic battery according to the McHenry County public records and neighbors have said in one of the news articles or interviews that there were fights between them that spilled out into the front yard.
I also see him as an enabler among other things.

No, they would definitely not be in my circle of friends. I live on the far North side of town. I do drive down Dole almost daily, so got caught in all the police activity on Thursday. They stopped every car driving down Dole. I asked the officer if there was anything I could do to help, like setting up s search party. I was told that I was welcome to drive around and keep my eyes open for any sign of AJ, but that they weren’t using any public help for organized searches.

“In another late development, the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services said late Friday afternoon it has had contact with the family since the boy, Andrew “AJ” Freund, was born in 2013 with opiates in his system and amid allegations of neglect against his mother. DCFS continued having contact off and on until late in 2018, a spokesman said. A younger son was placed into DCFS custody Thursday, officials said.”

This was the first article I read regarding this case. I do not have good feelings about this at all. He is such a cute little guy. ☹️

Thanks to the many WSers for posting links and details of this case.

I appreciate you all!

MOO

“I have no control over what people think,” Freund Sr. said. “I just want my son to come home, okay?”
“Pray for the safe return of my son,’’ Freund said."

I do like him saying saying he has "no control over what people think,” I believe him.

“I just want my son to come home, okay?

I believe him.

“Pray for the safe return of my son,’’ Freund said."

I believe him.

I also like him personalizing AJ "My son" AJ" taking ownership. (I know theses are sound bites and maybe he has said more in his statements) I expected distancing language (he, him" etc). If he had a hand in AJ's disappearance.

Personally, from what i've heard from his dad (excluding him using the word "death", i think there is (at present) not enough, (statements only) for me, to suspect him.

Addicts are master manipulators, that's how they get away with abusing for so long. He's using AA jargon. Seems like he can talk the talk, not having control of others, but not walk the walk.

Something happened to this child when both of them were using. Who knows, maybe they blacked out and really don't remember, but I doubt it. There's a reason they are not cooperating with police.

Addicts are master manipulators, that's how they get away with abusing for so long. He's using AA jargon. Seems like he can talk the talk, not having control of others, but not walk the walk.

Something happened to this child when both of them were using. Who knows, maybe they blacked out and really don't remember, but I doubt it. There's a reason they are not cooperating with police.
They sure are. But do we know for sure that he is an addict? Or are we just assuming?
I'm asking because I don't recall seeing anything about him.

He could have been missing much earlier. Didn't the neighbors say they had seen no sign of the boy all week? We had an unusual snowstorm last Sunday with several inches of snow and then Tuesday it was 70. Wouldn't it be normal for two kids who don't yet go to school enjoy playing in the snow or enjoying the first or second 70 degree day since last fall? Yet, there was no sign of them. And a holiday tomorrow. This kid would be expected to be seen by other family members if for nothing other than an Easter gift, a basket. It could be he's been missing longer and they knew they couldn't produce him for the holiday and reported him missing.....

I wonder when extended family last saw him. Aunts, uncles, grandparents.
I think the same way the holiday is here and a gift basket from family has no recipient. The drastic weather changes may have thrown off the scent for the dogs or has the child not at least played outside, checked the mail for Mommy or walked to the car for an errand ride in one time leaving no scent

And who has a press conference and as a parent, you don't say a word? Sorry, if this has already been posted, but this is not how I would react. She acts more like a grieving mother from a death than a mother looking for her child. The media asks if she has something to say....nothing.

She is holding a goodwill bag during this presser. The whole statement felt like a ploy to evoke sympathy for the mother, IMO.

No, they would definitely not be in my circle of friends. I live on the far North side of town. I do drive down Dole almost daily, so got caught in all the police activity on Thursday. They stopped every car driving down Dole. I asked the officer if there was anything I could do to help, like setting up s search party. I was told that I was welcome to drive around and keep my eyes open for any sign of AJ, but that they weren’t using any public help for organized searches.
Have you seen law enforcement searching?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eluluwho