IL IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
CHICAGO (CBS) — The father of Andrew “A.J.” Freund, a 5-year-old boy missing from his Crystal Lake home for more than a day, said...

“We’re just extremely worried. If anybody knows anything about where Andrew Jr. is, please please contact the Crystal Lake Police Department. Let’s get him home,” he said. “A.J., please come home. We love you very much. You’re not in any trouble. We’re just worried to death. Please, please come home.” ..."

...RSBM for focus...

So the father has death on his mind. Hmmm. It's not an uncommon expression, but in the circumstances, JMO looks like a tell.

Seriously, it's asinine. "I hear you, officers. I know you'd like me to come inside and answer some questions so we can locate my missing child but I can't! C'mon, guys, I've got no cell phone and I've gotta take care of a few things! (Like calling friends to ask them to destroy potential evidence for me)" Obviously a parent with his priorities in order.

"... Please come home. You're not in trouble..." (Freund Sr.)
What an odd message.

Why would this child think he was in trouble ?
Had they disciplined him ?

And the description of what he was last wearing sounds like day clothing, including that AJ was wearing shoes.
Did he normally wear shoes to bed ?
I'm getting some vibes of Haleigh Cummings.

CHICAGO (CBS) — The father of Andrew “A.J.” Freund, a 5-year-old boy missing from his Crystal Lake home for more than a day, said he’s “extremely worried,” and begged for his son to come home. Meantime, investigators said there is no indication so far that A.J. was abducted, and they are focused on the family’s home,

Speaking to reporters for the first time since A.J. went missing, his father, Andrew Freund Sr., said he has no idea where his son might be.

“We’re just extremely worried. If anybody knows anything about where Andrew Jr. is, please please contact the Crystal Lake Police Department. Let’s get him home,” he said. “A.J., please come home. We love you very much. You’re not in any trouble. We’re just worried to death. Please, please come home.”

Moments before he spoke to reporters, Andrew Freund briefly spoke with police investigators, who asked to speak to him about the investigation.

“We really need to speak with you to obtain more details so that we can find your son,” one officer told Freund.

Police also asked Freund to go back inside his home, so they could speak to him about the case, but Freund said he needed to go get his cell phone.

“I can’t. I can’t. I’ve got to take care of a few things, because I have no phone. I have no way of communicating,” Freund said. “If somebody’s trying to get a hold of me, I need to be able to receive calls. I’ve got my brother looking, all of his friends are looking. There’s no way to communicate with me right now, because I don’t have my phone.”
IL - IL - Andrew Freund, 5, Crystal Lake, 17 April 2019
What the What? Seriously.

The dad of a missing Crystal Lake boy had a message for his 5-year-old son, who hasn't been seen since Wednesday evening.

"Andrew, please come home," he said. "You are not in trouble."

Andrew Freund Sr. was seen walking the streets near his northwest suburban home as the search for the missing boy continued for a second day.

"AJ please come home," he said. "We love you."

Hmmmm.....

So he’s using the story that a 5 year old ran away and is hiding so he doesn’t get in trouble?? And he’s somewhere he can see the news report and just decide to come home? Something STINKS to high heaven here.
Ita.
Does the father think AJ might be hanging out where he can see a news report... and decide if he should head home ?
He's only 5 years old ; you just don't tell a child that age to 'come home'.
You get your face in the cameras, pleading for any help-- and you go out and do not stop looking for him !

Last edited:
CBS Chicago video of Father being questioned by media / police outside the home. I’m reserving judgements until more information becomes available. (Yes, I know how it looks)

He told police he needed to go get a cell phone. Couldn't he send someone to do that errand while he went to the police station?

He told police he needed to go get a cell phone. Couldn't he send someone to do that errand while he went to the police station?

Who knows the situation? Perhaps he lost or broke his phone and needs to deal with some contract issue at source of provider. Expecting people to be rational or logical under these circumstances is an ideal. He’s clearly frazzled. Wonder if he’s sleep deprived? (Is he drinking an energy drink?)

Ita.
Does the father think AJ might be hanging out where he can see a news report... and decide if he should head home ?
He's only 5 years old ; you just don't tell a child that age to 'come home'.
You get your face in the cameras, pleading for any help-- and you go out and do not stop looking for him !
Also you keep on the police like white on rice.

Who knows the situation? Perhaps he lost or broke his phone and needs to deal with some contract issue at source of provider. Expecting people to be rational or logical under these circumstances is an ideal. He’s clearly frazzled. Wonder if he’s sleep deprived? (Is he drinking an energy drink?)

I thought he said in the video it was at the police station. He was going to "get new" phone, in the video.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mconnectseo