IL - Baby boy, 6 mos, found buried behind home, Greene County, 28 Nov 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

cybervampira

Reaction score
Missing Metro East infant found dead in Greene County, Illinois

The remains of a 6-month-old boy were discovered in a shallow grave behind a home in rural Greene County near Carrollton, Illinois.

Police believe the child’s 22-year-old mother may have played a part in concealing his little body. The mother and a second individual were taken into custody.

A missing person's report was filed Saturday for the baby and his mother at the Alton Police Department. Authorities eventually located the mother but not the child.

The Illinois State Police and Greene County Sheriff’s Department are handling the investigation.

Body of infant found buried behind home in southern Illinois

Baby found buried in shallow grave behind Illinois home

Illinois State Police said they began investigating a missing person case this weekend for a 22-year-old woman and her 6-month-old son. Police said they found the woman the same day she was reported missing at a home on the 100 block on East Cemetery Road in Carrollton but did not find the boy.

Mother's now in custody along with a second person. Neither have been named yet.
A mom and another person are in custody and considered persons of interest after police said the body of a 6-month-old boy was found buried in a shallow grave behind a Carrollton, Illinois, home Wednesday afternoon.
Baby found buried in shallow grave behind Illinois home

Alton mother and baby reported missing found in Greene County — infant deceased

The investigation is ongoing by Illinois State Police Investigations and the Greene County Sheriff’s Department, and there is no further information available at this time
From your links:
Yesterday, police found the body of the infant buried in the woods behind the home where the mother was found. Police say the mother and a male acquaintance who is not the child`s father are in custody as persons of interest in the investigation.
Mother, acquaintance in custody as investigation into infant’s death continues
Doiron tells us the mother and her male acquaintance were found and investigators followed leads which eventually took them to the home on East Cemetery Road.

He says the baby`s mother knows the owner of the home and that she, as well as her male acquaintance, have both stayed there from time to time.

The male acquaintance is not the baby`s father.

Doiron tells us efforts were made to conceal the baby`s body and that a cause of death hasn`t been determined yet pending autopsy results.
Body of infant found buried behind home in southern Illinois

I'm going to guess that the male acquaintance is the mother's boyfriend. Neither have been named yet. Apparently the person who owns the home is not charged.

I wonder if the mother and acquaintance are homeless...

Charges filed in the death of baby found in rural Green County

in Greene County.

22-year-old Jamia Ellis was charged with two counts of First Degree Murder and one count of Concealment of a Homicidal Death.

According to police, Ellis "knowingly and without legal justification caused blunt force trauma to a minor, knowing said acts could cause the death".

Her male acquaintance 34-year-old Ryan Wheeler was charged with one count of Concealment of a Homicidal Death.

Mother of deceased infant, Carrollton native identified

Illinois State Police apparently told a number of news outlets that Ellis “knowingly and without legal justification caused blunt force trauma” to the infant knowing it could cause his death. After the 6-month-old died, Ellis allegedly concealed the death by placing the boy in a sheet, then into a trash bag and burying the boy in a wooded area east of Carrollton.

Mother of deceased infant, Carrollton native identified

Illinois State Police apparently told a number of news outlets that Ellis “knowingly and without legal justification caused blunt force trauma” to the infant knowing it could cause his death. After the 6-month-old died, Ellis allegedly concealed the death by placing the boy in a sheet, then into a trash bag and burying the boy in a wooded area east of Carrollton.
There are no words.

Illinois mother, friend charged in 6-month-old son's death

The Greene County State's Attorney reports that on November 2, at a home on East Cemetery Road in Carrollton, Ellis allegedly caused blunt force trauma to the infant resulting in his death.

It is also alleged that Ellis, along with Ryan L. Wheeler, 34, concealed the body of the infant in a shallow grave in a wooded area near the home.

this happened Nov 2nd and they were reported missing this last weekend Nov 24-25th and found Nov 28th?

Mom accused of killing infant son, burying him in wooded area

Authorities said the infant and his 22-year-old mother were reported missing out of Alton on Saturday. The mother was later found alive at a house in the 100 block of East Cemetery Road in Carrollton, Illinois. Police said the house belongs to an acquaintance that the mother stays with from time to time.

On Wednesday, police searched a nearby wooded area and found the infant’s body in a shallow grave.

Friday morning, the Illinois State Police Department said the boy’s mother, Jamia H. Ellis, was charged with two counts of first-degree murder and concealment of a homicidal death.

James Ellis, her father, told News 4 his daughter suffers from postpartum depression and said, “It got the best of her.”

Illinois State Police
According to police, Ellis “knowingly and without legal justification caused blunt force trauma” to the infant knowing it could cause his death. After the 6-month-old’s death, Ellis then allegedly concealed the death by placing the boy in a sheet, then into a trash bag and burying the boy within a wooded area east of Carrolton, Illinois.

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-1_12-35-49.png
    upload_2018-12-1_12-35-49.png
    73 bytes · Views: 2
James Ellis, her father, told News 4 his daughter suffers from postpartum depression and said, “It got the best of her.”

I hope they tried to help. I hope they made an effort to help her. Otherwise the guilt will be awful for them. It makes me mad that it's so hard to get people struggling the help they need because they are adults.

I hope they tried to help. I hope they made an effort to help her. Otherwise the guilt will be awful for them. It makes me mad that it's so hard to get people struggling the help they need because they are adults.
her family reported both mom and baby missing on 11/23 in Alton. Says she did this on 11/2. So my guess is she didnt return home for 3 weeks and with Thanksgiving the past Thus they knew something was wrong.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hernak
Back