Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So this woman just vanishes without a trace? I don't think so. I believe something happened where she was staying. I wonder if there was a GPS on the rental car?

Missing woman may not have left Centralia, Ill.​

There is no evidence that a northern Illinois woman who went missing May 23 ever left Centralia, police said Friday.

Beth Bentley, 41, of Woodstock, Ill., had reportedly been dropped off at about 4:30 p.m. that day at the Amtrak station in Centralia for a trip home.​

the police chief in Woodstock, said there is no sign that she got on the train. He said there are no surveillance cameras at the Centralia station, and that video on the Chicago cameras did not show her.

Lowen also said that no passengers who were contacted could recognize Bentley's picture.

Ruby - the updates, pictures, and links you consistently provide for us are great - thanks so much for all that you do for us. :blowkiss:

Ruby - the updates, pictures, and links you consistently provide for us are great - thanks so much for all that you do for us. :blowkiss:

thanx002.gif

Good Catch!

I'm not sure if this has been concluded yet, still reading back catching up...

Did we decide if it is or isn't because there is this other picture of Beth & her DH & J & this same guy again - that does lead me to believe it may very well be the bf.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...67057&id=1478677016&ref=mf&fbid=1144977472809

So this woman just vanishes without a trace? I don't think so. I believe something happened where she was staying. I wonder if there was a GPS on the rental car?

I agree...

Beth did not get on a train, that's a cover up.

So did they have a room or were they staying at the reno'd house?

Good Catch!

I'm not sure if this has been concluded yet, still reading back catching up...

Did we decide if it is or isn't because there is this other picture of Beth & her DH & J & this same guy again - that does lead me to believe it may very well be the bf.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...67057&id=1478677016&ref=mf&fbid=1144977472809

I also notice her and her friend dress very similar and wear their hair similar. I don't think we definitely decided if that was him. I have to say looking at the picture of them kind of gave me a sense of foreboding. I think somehow this friendship took an ominous turn. jmo

I also notice her and her friend dress very similar and wear their hair similar. I don't think we definitely decided if that was him. I have to say looking at the picture of them kind of gave me a sense of foreboding. I think somehow this friendship took an ominous turn. jmo

Do you think that ominous turn occured during this trip? Or before hand, therefore the trip being pre-planned as was Beth's disappearance - by JW.

30524_1317393050171_1091082387_30758911_7337271_n.jpg

30524_1317394690212_1091082387_30758949_4878596_n.jpg

30524_1317422810915_1091082387_30759091_123838_n.jpg

30524_1317395330228_1091082387_30758963_4028644_n.jpg

30524_1317397530283_1091082387_30759005_6653779_n.jpg

Looking east from the parking lot, there's a small restaurant behind the trees, and a small park with an old railroad wooden water tower on the right.​

30524_1317397410280_1091082387_30759004_5224661_n.jpg

Looking WNW from the Amtrak parking lot, that's Broadway street crossing the tracks.​

30524_1317397250276_1091082387_30759001_1000692_n.jpg
Northbound train leaving the station area.​

30524_1317396850266_1091082387_30758991_6313976_n.jpg

Conductor is setting down a step for passengers to exit, a few passengers waiting to board the northbound Illini train.​

30524_1317394170199_1091082387_30758937_4270341_n.jpg

Looking SSE, Oak Street is on the left, the station building behind the cars on the right side of the photo.​

GREAT PICTURES. I was debating doing this today, but, the heat aggrevates my asthma, so I didn't.

Was the station open? And also, the sign about cameras. Wasn't it the police who said no cameras??

That is how I recall it, although as I have said it has always been very deserted when I have used it, even the one time I picked up a ticket at a travel agent a few blocks away, and DH recalls it that we had to pick up there by 4:30 pm (the station wasn't open then on a weekday), the area seemed very creepy and desolate. I hope it is used more than I think it is. The town I live in lost our Amtrak stop due to low ridership.

But, great pictures, Ruby Red. Do you live in Centralia, or?? (I live in Belleville).

GREAT PICTURES. I was debating doing this today, but, the heat aggrevates my asthma, so I didn't.

Was the station open? And also, the sign about cameras. Wasn't it the police who said no cameras??

That is how I recall it, although as I have said it has always been very deserted when I have used it, even the one time I picked up a ticket at a travel agent a few blocks away, and DH recalls it that we had to pick up there by 4:30 pm (the station wasn't open then on a weekday), the area seemed very creepy and desolate. I hope it is used more than I think it is. The town I live in lost our Amtrak stop due to low ridership.

But, great pictures, Ruby Red. Do you live in Centralia, or?? (I live in Belleville).

bbm

Yes, they are great pictures, however I can't take credit for them. Those pictures were posted to Beth's FB group. I just posted them here so others that don't go to FB could see them. They are at the link I provided. LE did say there were no cameras there and they did not see her on any in Chicago where there were cameras. I am in Canada but I have been to "The Land of Lincoln".

bbm

Yes, they are great pictures, however I can't take credit for them. Those pictures were posted to Beth's FB group. I just posted them here so others that don't go to FB could see them. They are at the link I provided. LE did say there were no cameras there and they did not see her on any in Chicago where there were cameras. I am in Canada but I have been to "The Land of Lincoln".

Well, thanks for bringing them over.

Ah, well, I was going to suggest lunch. I keep thinking sometime to try to get any locals or sort of locals to have a WS get together.

I have never been to Canada, but, would love to.

The police have said that there was no activity on her credit cards...so they have obviously looked into this......I assume they would then also look into a bank account to see if she had withdrawn money at an atm.......if this is the case can the friend please explain how she bought the ticket????? The only other possible way would be by cash.....

I think it is time to stop wasting time and get search warrants for the house....If the friend is such a good friend she should agree to this so as they can be eliminated and police can search further afield......how many more days are they going to muck around with this.....

It may be more difficult to obtain a warrant if this house is not owned by either of the two people she was staying with; just thinking if it was s house he was working on but did not own. But am hopeful LE will manage to do this soon, it is already two weeks.

It may be more difficult to obtain a warrant if this house is not owned by either of the two people she was staying with; just thinking if it was s house he was working on but did not own. But am hopeful LE will manage to do this soon, it is already two weeks.

Why no indication that J's story doesn't add up? I hope they're just holding it close to the vest while they search...

The boyfriend is Ryan Ridge, per post on the FB page this morning. That is him on the left in this photo.

Thank you radiant!

JW seems older than him, IMO.

ETA: his DOB = 04/07/1983

If you read further down on the Woodstock Advocate link "Who is Ryan Ridge" there is talk about a possible Frosty Mug connection:

Frosty Mug‎
1113 Salem Road, Mt Vernon, IL 62864-3440, United States
(618) 242-3372‎

A review of the place: "The Mug is a good place to get a drink in what isn't much of a selection in Mt. Vernon. A lot of locals here, and the staff will remember you and your drink of choice fairly quickly. The venue is nothing special. The seating is a bit limited because the bar is kind of a hole in the wall. They have pretty good food served until 9:00, and they sell packaged liquor with a drive-thru.
As far as entertainment, there's a jukebox, a dart board, a pool table and a golf video game. They have put in a flatscreen tv, and they have another TV with the NFL Network. The prices are really good. You can get a 32 oz Import draft for $3.75. They have installed a patio in the back to accomodate smokers and have plenty of parking."

I'm hoping that, since Beth's husband is an attorney, he knows the best of the best of PI's to call for help in this case. I follow a link from this page a few posts up and type in someone's name and find the word "felony." I'm just saying. Wowzer.

The Amtrak arrived at approximately 11PM per a rider on it, it ran a little late that night. Then Beth would have had to walk over to Ogilvie Transportation Center (a block) to catch the 11:30 Metra train (most likely) on the Union Pacific Northwest Line to come out here. It would have arrived like around 1 AM-ish to Woodstock. The 12:30 would arrive more like 2AM, so would depend which Metra the person writing or giving the info thought she might be taking.

According to the online train schedule there is no 11:30pm train departure on Sunday nights. The only Sunday night departures from Chicago to Woodstock are 8:30pm and then not again until 12:30am. I posted a link to the train schedule earlier in this thread.

hth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member