Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's calling home all day and nothing seems to be wrong, and then she's suddenly so concerned with her situation she needs to escape on the first train out? She's at the very least extremely inconvenienced just because her friend is in control of the car keys and she needs to be back for the graduation. OK. I'd be irritated.

The 41-year-old mother of three was expected to be back at her home Sunday, May 23, called her husband to report her friend wanted to stay an extra day, and the couple made arrangements for Bentley to get on a late afternoon train in Centralia, arrive in St. Louis at about 10 p.m., then take the Metra from Union Station to Woodstock. Montgomery said her friends in the area dropped her off at the train station, but she never got on the train.

http://register-news.com/local/x1174317299/Search-continues-for-missing-woman

I thought the husband didn't know she was taking a train in ?

:waitasec:

The 41-year-old mother of three was expected to be back at her home Sunday, May 23, called her husband to report her friend wanted to stay an extra day, and the couple made arrangements for Bentley to get on a late afternoon train in Centralia, arrive in St. Louis at about 10 p.m., then take the Metra from Union Station to Woodstock. Montgomery said her friends in the area dropped her off at the train station, but she never got on the train.

Somehow info is not getting reported correctly.

I am still unable to find a link indicating the last time Beth spoke with her husband or that her friend has lawyered up, so until someone produces a link that those two facts have been verified by a credible source such as LE, I am taking them as rumor.

Another thing that sticks out to me. There are probably not a lot of people boarding a train at 12:30 am on a Sunday night from Chicago. Especially in route to a 2:01am stop. Have the train personnel and passengers aboard the train that left Chicago at 12:30 am and arrived in Woodstock at 2:01 am been interviewed to see if Beth was on the train?

There would be survellience available at both stations in Chicago. Have those survellience tapes been reviewed?

Seems there is more that could be looked at or should be in the process of being looked at.....
BBM

That was posted on FB May 26 at 10:22am by the family friend (NOT the one she was with that weekend) who was interviewed in the article I linked above... the same one that says that Beth and her husband discussed her taking the train back Sunday night.

Something's not adding up here....

Somehow info is not getting reported correctly.

That's what was said by a family friend, but not the one Beth was with that weekend. I wonder what version is correct...

She's calling home all day and nothing seems to be wrong, and then she's suddenly so concerned with her situation she needs to escape on the first train out? She's at the very least extremely inconvenienced just because her friend is in control of the car keys and she needs to be back for the graduation. OK. I'd be irritated.

Actually it was reported the friend decided to stay an extra day; apparently Beth needed (wanted) to go home by Monday.

Given what friends and husband have said about her (that she stays in contact, etc.), what the family friend said makes the most sense:

"The 41-year-old mother of three was expected to be back at her home Sunday, May 23, called her husband to report her friend wanted to stay an extra day, and the couple made arrangements for Bentley to get on a late afternoon train in Centralia, arrive in St. Louis at about 10 p.m., then take the Metra from Union Station to Woodstock."

I believe this is what really happened.

I thought the same thing. :waitasec:

Didn't know they rented a car either. Wonder what the reason was for renting the car and not driving their own?

The twists and turns here are giving me whiplash. I'm needing a timeline already. With sources. The stories seem to be directly contradictory.

BBM

That was posted on FB May 26 at 10:22am by the family friend (NOT the one she was with that weekend) who was interviewed in the article I linked above... the same one that says that Beth and her husband discussed her taking the train back Sunday night.

Something's not adding up here....

I take what friends on facebook say with a grain of salt. Face book comments are considered 'rumor' because there is no official source to back their credibility. So technically we don't know what time she last spoke with her husband on Sunday.

What is the source of the arrangements that Beth and her husband ( I assume that is what the article meant by couple, and not the couple of girl friends.... but who knows, it is not clear) made for Beth to take the train?

We need an official source, LE to put some info out and seperate fact from fiction in this case and not what friends are saying.

JMO

The twists and turns here are giving me whiplash. I'm needing a timeline already. With sources. The stories seem to be directly contradictory.

I agree we need some facts from LE.

I take what friends on facebook say with a grain of salt. Face book comments are considered 'rumor' because there is no official source to back their credibility. So technically we don't know what time she last spoke with her husband on Sunday.

What is the source of the arrangements that Beth and her husband ( I assume that is what the article meant by couple, and not the couple of girl friends.... but who knows, it is not clear) made for Beth to take the train?

We need an official source, LE to put some info out and seperate fact from fiction in this case and not what friends are saying.

JMO
BBM

I would too if this weren't also the family friend who's speaking to the press. The same person who said she called her husband and made arrangements to take the train home.

This friend of the family was not on the trip and therefore would have gotten her information from either Beth or Beth's husband. By all accounts, Beth was someone who kept in pretty much constant contact with her family and friends. It seems to me that Beth calling her husband to make arrangements for her to take the train home makes the most sense. So... someone didn't tell the truth here.

Has her husband been interviewed by a reporter? Has he made any statements on the FB about this?

Ok, going down the FB postings, her brother also states she last spoke to her husband at 6 pm. I believe he would have gotten this info from the husband or Beth, too (his FB says he lives in AZ; I don't think it's likely he came by this information from her friends).

In this photo, I thought it was her husband; it's actually her brother:

photo.php

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...all&subj=122739057758360&aid=-1&id=1332086463

Family photo posted by her brother, caption also mentions she spoke to husband at 6 pm:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?p...58360&aid=-1&id=1332086463&fbid=1475949622019

Seems clear to me that she never was on the train - nobody saw her, conductor, passengers, nor was there a ticket purchased (by credit card).

Either she never made it to the train station or once there, someone who knew she was taking the train took her away. moo

The same family friend talking to the media, arranging for flyers and who set up the FB page posted early on that she (and I believe it was her sons) went to the station to post flyers and a vendor told them he'd seen her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove