Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
my friend used to be from MTV, i called her tonight & she says there is an old abandonded rock quarry down there & it had an old white building/shed.

There is a small, very old, abandoned, weathered, etc. house not more than a quarter to a half mile down the road from the R house! I have seen it as of just last week. This has been reported also.

IMO less and less folks are posting on facebook about the case, could be because the "friends" of Beth are contacting the posters and chewing them out. Don't they understand it's important to keep interest in the case? Right now there is a waccadoodle _read_between_the_lines post "inferring" that one of the facebook posters is gay. They go on and on about posting offensive stuff the "kids" might see, but this man's son reads the board too. Are we to only "respect" Beth's kids feelings?

IMO less and less folks are posting on facebook about the case, could be because the "friends" of Beth are contacting the posters and chewing them out. Don't they understand it's important to keep interest in the case? Right now there is a waccadoodle _read_between_the_lines post "inferring" that one of the facebook posters is gay. They go on and on about posting offensive stuff the "kids" might see, but this man's son reads the board too. Are we to only "respect" Beth's kids feelings?

I saw that too, and it is indeed odd. I personally feel that G. P. has many good ideas on the FB discussion threads, and I don't completely understand why he's being criticized and shot down. Perhaps there's more going on than I'm aware of?

I'm beginning to feel as well, IMO, that the people closest to the case are discouraging people from pursuing this further. I'm not sure if it's intentional or what, but very weird nevertheless.

You are so right SpyMom............There are 25 topics on the discussion tab and only 3-4 are even being used. Some of the tabs have had nothing posted for a month. I think people are sick of their ideas being blowed out of the water. Some people on there had made tremendous offers to help, and now you don't even see their names anywhere. They are very defensive about so many peoples thoughts and theories. Maybe they don't want to admit the real truths! I don't know any of these people, this is JMO.

Respectively snipped from SpyMom: "<The search party the FB people were trying to organize was nixed by SB c/o SG... because the family feel "secure that the detective and police are doing what they are suppose to do. Just because your not being given information doesn't mean that they aren't.">>

I don't believe SG has or even wants that kind of power. Perhaps no search party is called together because LE has info where she is. At times it seems we are all just being strung along. Notice how the facebook administers are starting to be short with people, I bet they are fed up with volunteering for this, not getting all the facts, plus they are trying so hard to keep people interested in the case.

On the FB page, they are still asking for donations for their search efforts. What search efforts? IMO, everything I've seen to date has been all volunteers, and if SB has nixed the search, why collect for it?

I saw that too, and it is indeed odd. I personally feel that G. P. has many good ideas on the FB discussion threads, and I don't completely understand why he's being criticized and shot down. Perhaps there's more going on than I'm aware of?

I'm beginning to feel as well, IMO, that the people closest to the case are discouraging people from pursuing this further. I'm not sure if it's intentional or what, but very weird nevertheless.

I think there is way more to this case than anyone is saying, not just LE but family and friends as well. Something is just very strange about the entire case and has been since day one. There is more than meets the eye as they say. We may never know, but she still needs to be found. People are losing interest and that is sad. She is still out there somewhere! IMO

I too am finding it hard to follow the "donate and help" bandwagon when there really isn't a set search time frame or people or places etc. If the $$ is to pay for billboards and a PI then that needs to be said by the husband or son. Where the billboards are going to be etc. I really think when you take $$$ you need to be completely transparent as to what is going to be done with it. I recall a major falling out with the Stacy Peterson case of people accusing others of using donated/raised "search" money inappropriately or without permission. I noticed that there have been several comments about the flyers having been taken down too. The lack of LE comment, media attention, family involvement, and general attitude/feel from the FB page is really putting a damp rag on this whole situation. People seem to want to start exploring other possibilites ot what may have happened or may even be going on right now etc and it seems the "friends" are wanting none of it. I don't get it either.

I too am finding it hard to follow the "donate and help" bandwagon when there really isn't a set search time frame or people or places etc. If the $$ is to pay for billboards and a PI then that needs to be said by the husband or son. Where the billboards are going to be etc. I really think when you take $$$ you need to be completely transparent as to what is going to be done with it. I recall a major falling out with the Stacy Peterson case of people accusing others of using donated/raised "search" money inappropriately or without permission. I noticed that there have been several comments about the flyers having been taken down too. The lack of LE comment, media attention, family involvement, and general attitude/feel from the FB page is really putting a damp rag on this whole situation. People seem to want to start exploring other possibilites ot what may have happened or may even be going on right now etc and it seems the "friends" are wanting none of it. I don't get it either.

You mentioned the billboards............There was a posting by the person in charge of that and she states they were donated at no cost. She said they normally would cost $4,000.00 a month. The exception is you can't pick the location, they use what is available at the time.
People are losing interest though.

This may sound insensitive and I honestly don't mean to be offensive, this is JMHO. I got the impression that there's been no vigils or searches because SB does not want it. Why do people need his approval for this? Beth is cared about by many people who want to honor her with a vigil/search... are they not important?

Again, just my opinion.

You mentioned the billboards............There was a posting by the person in charge of that and she states they were donated at no cost. She said they normally would cost $4,000.00 a month. The exception is you can't pick the location, they use what is available at the time.
People are losing interest though.

I am very familiar with the one billboard site that was mentioned. While it is a very busy "local" intersection, it is an electronic board that moves the images along rather quickly and honestly, with the number of lanes and turn lanes and merging going on, I hardly ever glance up at the huge "light show" so I really wonder will other people? I'm usually watching out for all the yahoo's who are running the red lights and there is major construction going on all along there right now too . Not to put the idea down.... any info being broadcast out there is better than none. I'm just thinking outloud......

According to AMG, SB now has a fb page. I don't see him as a friend on Beth's missing page yet and doing a search on fb returns nothing for him. Maybe with SB directly involved with fb now, he will be able to provide some answers to everyone's questions. We can only hope.

The search party the FB people were trying to organize was nixed by SB c/o Sheryll Ginger... because the family feel "secure that the detective and police are doing what they are suppose to do. Just because your not being given information doesn't mean that they aren't."

This is incorrect information, the search party that was being organized on FB was rejected by the Sheriff of Jefferson Co NOT by SB. In order to bring in search groups they require a 'blessing' from the LE involved in the investigation and Jefferson Co Sheriff refused to give this..

This is incorrect information, the search party that was being organized on FB was rejected by the Sheriff of Jefferson Co NOT by SB. In order to bring in search groups they require a 'blessing' from the LE involved in the investigation and Jefferson Co Sheriff refused to give this..

WHY???!!! What reasons could they be giving to not "bless" a private search for someone who was known to be in that county at last contact? I don't understand.

WHY???!!! What reasons could they be giving to not "bless" a private search for someone who was known to be in that county at last contact? I don't understand.

I am **guessing** (because I don't know how it was asked) that it was the manner in which the request was worded.
From a legal stand point I do know.. you have to be very careful how you ask for a blessing from LE. They can't not give permission to search an area, because then you are actting as LE, if someone was found to be on private property, the evidence could be thrown out of court.
Because of the way the person who was put in charge of the search worded her reply, she said the sheriff said there was not enough to get a warrant to search in MTV, I am wondering if they asked directly about searching RR house/property??? Again this is just a guess on my part because of the wording of the post.
Sorry I don't know how to link just that reply here to show what I mean but it was posted on the main page last week about why there could be no search by a (K) :banghead:

Personally I think there are many other places to be searched, oddly enough in looking over a lot of missing cases where people/bodies were found I was shocked at how many seem to be found within 1 or 2 miles of where they went missing from. So wouldn't the logical thing be to search within a couple of miles all around that house? From what I have read there are many places that would be common places to look :(
I honestly don't understand the LE actions in this case..

Those are two different things. The professional search groups need LE's blessing... which is why they aren't happening...

The search being organized on FB did not involve them, and was just a group of amateurs who do not need any blessing from LE to search public land in the area.

From FB:

"The family feel secure that the detective and police are doing what they are suppose to do. Just because your not being given information doesn't mean that they aren't. --- No one on here knows exactly what has been done and what hasn't. --- So what we need to know is that the family so far feels confident that they are doing their job. --- The search isn't being done. There could be a couple of reason's for that."

"You do not know what J has told the police. It isn't public knowledge."

"others don't agree with the family about feeling the police department is doing their jobs.....but how do you know what they are doing ? They aren't telling."

"there are reasons a search isn't being done now. You are right, there is nothing stopping a search..so please feel free to go to Mt. Vernon and look"

Those are two different things. The professional search groups need LE's blessing... which is why they aren't happening...

The search being organized on FB did not involve them, and was just a group of amateurs who do not need any blessing from LE to search public land in the area.

June 24 at 2:48pm KKR (name shorten) I just talked to the Jefferson County Sheriff. He says there is not enough probable cause to warrant a search in the Mt. Vernon area. Because county boundries were crossed...it is now a State Police Investigation. He is keeping my name and number. He said that if a search was needed in the future , he would call me and...

SB did not put a nix on any search it was the LE

Paschein--

Could you please give a link for what you wrote in red above?

Thanks!

Hoppy
mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads