Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would love to know why LE is still treating this as "she may have vanished." IMO, a mom that won't miss a ballgame would not miss a high school graduation. Even if she had gone in the past, it seems like the circumstances are too weird to assume she is a runaway.

P.S. checked the link. If I were LE I would be checking wells in the area close to the reno, if that is at all possible for a less affluent community. It is a home on country acreage, 4 acres to be exact.

Nice shed in the yard. I wonder why no grass in the yard, I bet they were burning reno waste, old lumber etc.

And 4 acres of what looks like pretty heavily wooded area to me!

Nice shed in the yard. I wonder why no grass in the yard, I bet they were burning reno waste, old lumber etc.

What did you mean by no grass in the yard?
Did you mean this picture?

picture-uh=dfc57f1fa2db6ff77c7f81cdad65d336-ps=3635e4d1e5b15cbf8f68b905ac8e8c3.jpg

It is hard to tell what this picture is.
Kind of looks like old cement or asphalt which hasn't been well maintained. But unsure.

I think if they were burning recently, evidence of charring would still appear.
I know in shady area's it is also difficult to keep grass growing nicely.

At least we know the house really was recently renovated.

ETA:
Disclosure first. I used to have an Illinois real estate license. I let it lapse a few years ago as the hours got too tight for my schedule being a single parent.

I noticed the realtor added the words "brand new" in the listing. Which means it HAS to be brand new, never used by the current owners. Otherwise a realtor would use the word "newer" as opposed to "new". (A good realtor is neurotically careful about that, otherwise a buyer could make a fit about it not being brand spanking new and cause problems with a contract). Just thought I would add that bit of info in relation to the house recently being renovated as it had been mentioned in Beth's case as to why she was down there that weekend.

JMO

Yes, very wooded but in reality 4 acres is not that big. I had a friend that previously owned a home on 7 acres, not wooded and they had horses. In relation to standing on their deck, looking over 7 acres it is not that big. 4 acres, imo, is not big enough to hide a body - unless of course those 4 acres back up to more wooded acreage not owned by the family or 'attached' to this lot.

IIRC, looking up this property on google maps, it appeared as if this property backs up to more wooded acreage. Does anyone know for sure?

JMO

I would love to know why LE is still treating this as "she may have vanished." IMO, a mom that won't miss a ballgame would not miss a high school graduation. Even if she had gone in the past, it seems like the circumstances are too weird to assume she is a runaway.

respectfully snipped.

LE has to consider all possibilities. They would not rule out the possibility that she left willingly, or rule out any possibility for that matter until they have evidence to support any theory. Right now it seems LE has no leads so they are considering all possibilities. I've noticed this on other cases, even though nothing indicates someone would have left willingly.

jmo

Forgive me for being "uninformed", but this case is new to me. How are these 4 acres tied to her disappearance? TIA...

Forgive me for being "uninformed", but this case is new to me. How are these 4 acres tied to her disappearance? TIA...

Property is a house that was being rehabed by the boyfriend of the best friend, Jenn Wyatt the last known person to see Beth alive. JW was supposed to have dropped Beth off at the Centralia Amtrak station on Sunday night after a weekend visiting in Mt. Vernon, her hometown is Woodstock IL. (JW supposedly left Beth at the train station without seeing if she made it on the train) No proof that Beth was ever on train and JW has been told not to talk about the case. (Not known if LE or her attorney told her not to speak)

Hiya CHEE oxoxoxoxo

The weekend Beth disappeared she was away at this home on 4 acres now listed for sale - she went there with her bff JW - where JW's bf was doing renovations.

Beth has yet to return home after being in this house. As for where Beth was last seen, we may never know the answer.

What did you mean by no grass in the yard?
Did you mean this picture?

Possible RUMOR; I hear there is a toaster oven (I think I see in kit. pic), microwave, and a few beds kept there for family get-a-ways. Near the shed the ground looks weird.

Property is a house that was being rehabed by the boyfriend of the best friend, Jenn Wyatt the last known person to see Beth alive. JW was supposed to have dropped Beth off at the Centralia Amtrak station on Sunday night after a weekend visiting in Mt. Vernon, her hometown is Woodstock IL. (JW supposedly left Beth at the train station without seeing if she made it on the train) No proof that Beth was ever on train and JW has been told not to talk about the case. (Not known if LE or her attorney told her not to speak)

RUMOR alert, IMHO, my opinion only, I know you guys are gunna remove this RUMOR but, I was told Jenn's attorney is Scott Bentley, husband of the missing woman. I was told this by an insider to the case. Who knows, it could ""all"" be made up.

RUMOR alert, IMHO, my opinion only, I know you guys are gunna remove this RUMOR but, I was told Jenn's attorney is Scott Bentley, husband of the missing woman. I was told this by an insider to the case. Who knows, it could ""all"" be made up.

Well IIRC, court docs do show Scott Bentley did represent JW in court once in 2008. Tho again, IIRC, she had a court appearance since then in which she did not use Scott as her rep.

Well IIRC, court docs do show Scott Bentley did represent JW in court once in 2008. Tho again, IIRC, she had a court appearance since then in which she did not use Scott as her rep.

She supposedly was at his office several times this last week. Probably all just a lie.

I see someone responded. Perhaps clarification such as Beths husband has represented JW in the past would have been a better way to phrase your post Spymom, or to have posted the above as a question if you were unsure of the capacity in which SB has represented JW. However the above post could be misinterpreted to sound as if Beths husband is representing JW is his wifes missing persons case, which would not be further from the truth.

This is why we remove rumors. In the future PLEASE remember rumor or speculation needs to be CASE RELATED. In other words, how does this relate to THIS case?

I am going to let this post stand only because another member clarified. Please be mindful in how you post. I would rather an email or pm to ASK FIRST if this is within posting guidelines. If new members do not have PM priviledges yet, I can always be contacted by email at cubby@websleuths.com

I don't want to scare people from posting, but want to make it clear WS does not allow rampant unfounded rumor or non case related speculation.

Thank you!
Cubby

Remember JW works for Scott and Beth. It would explain why she was at the office.

<< misinterpreted to sound as if Beths husband is representing JW is his wifes missing persons case, which would not be further from the truth.>>

Thank you Cubby for clearing that up!

<< misinterpreted to sound as if Beths husband is representing JW is his wifes missing persons case, which would not be further from the truth.>>

Thank you Cubby for clearing that up!

YW SpyMom. I just wanted to make sure people understood the context of the post correctly.

O/T --- how many posts is a newbie required to make before they can receive a PM?

ETA --- answering my own ?? LOL i think the magic number is 25.

O/T --- how many posts is a newbie required to make before they can receive a PM?

ETA --- answering my own ?? LOL i think the magic number is 25.

It varies and I don't know why other than the number may be assigned randomly? It is no more than 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member