Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
In today's news:

http://thesouthern.com/news/local/article_628b89da-98c0-11df-87ce-001cc4c03286.html

Female Body found in creek in county south west of MV. Road closed to search for more clues.

Edited to add: I was alerted to this story by a post on FB (I hadn't read today's paper yet). The person commented that they hoped this wasn't BB (paraphrased). The post with the story and links to 2 news sources has now been removed from the FB page. A second person also posted "the story" on the discussions area and it too has now been removed.

I'm thinking to announce the person dead already they would need to know the identity to put that on the death certificate. But I could be wrong. I don't think they have released the name of the victim awaiting notification of next of kin before releasing the name to the media. If that is the case the identity was known very quickly. The body was reported at 5:00 PM and was pronounced dead at 5:30 PM. IMO a body that was been in the water for the amount of time Beth has been missing would most likely not be easily identifiable and might require dental records to be compared which would take some time.

Someone reported a body floating in the Beaucoup Creek to the Perry County Sheriff's Office at 5 p.m.

(snipped)

Perry County Coroner Paul Searby pronounced the person dead at 5:30 p.m.

http://www.kfvs12.com/global/story.asp?s=12869910

Pinckneyville is a pretty tiny area 44 minutes from Mt. Vernon. I don't think it is her, but possible, I guess?

Isn't Rend Lake, where they supposedly went boating, in Perry County and close to where this discovery was?

The coroner pronouncing the body dead is a formality. Does not mean the body was identified at all.

I don't think it has anything to do with tolerating. The man loves BB, unconditionally, as it should be. He would give her the world if he could.

I'm sorry, I must have missed something. I really don't see where if BB was or was not going to inherit money down the road has any barings on this case at all? Or why anyone would want to start sleuthing her grandfather.

It may be indicative of Beth having access to money without using her credit cards...... We need to look at ALL possible avenues. If Beth had an inheritance she was able to access without SB or LE being aware of this, it is an avenue to explore. We need to not be tunnel visioned, no stone left unturned.

hth

I'm thinking to announce the person dead already they would need to know the identity to put that on the death certificate. But I could be wrong. I don't think they have released the name of the victim awaiting notification of next of kin before releasing the name to the media. If that is the case the identity was known very quickly. The body was reported at 5:00 PM and was pronounced dead at 5:30 PM. IMO a body that was been in the water for the amount of time Beth has been missing would most likely not be easily identifiable and might require dental records to be compared which would take some time.

Someone reported a body floating in the Beaucoup Creek to the Perry County Sheriff's Office at 5 p.m.

(snipped)

Perry County Coroner Paul Searby pronounced the person dead at 5:30 p.m.

http://www.kfvs12.com/global/story.asp?s=12869910

Declaring a person deceased has nothing to do with identifying the deceased. There are thousands and thousands of John and Jane Does across the country who have remained unidentified for years and decades. We have an entire forum here at WS for the Unidentified with fantastic WS'rs spending hours upon hours attempting to match up UID's with missing persons.

The Unidentified - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

The ME may or may not be able to identify this deceased female quickly.
They have not officially identified this person to the public yet, and would wait to notify next of kin prior to publically id the UID found this morning - correction, or last evening.

hth

Like I said I could be wrong.

Interesting the reporter in the video says the coroner says the time of death as 5:30.

The time of death is always when a John or Jane is found. When the coroner does their autopsy they can determine how long the person is deceased. Hours, days, weeks, months or years........

The official info on the death certificate will be the date found or recovered regardless of how long the person is deceased, since the ME can not go back and give an exact time.

Time will tell as we learn more news on the Jane Doe found not far from where Beth went missing.

hth

If the decendent was wearing clothing, they may be able to do a tentative ID based on the persons clothing, but the clothing would not be enough for an official ID. An official ID can only come from dental records or DNA.

hth

Ok, first you know I don't think the theory of "something happened" at the rehab house is likely, but I will put that aside and try to figure out where to dump evidence very quickly.

If you go to Google Maps and look at the rehab house (in a bunch of trees), you can see a creek goes behind and connects south westerly to the top of Miller Lake.

People are in a panic. Perhaps think dump her somewhere where they won't be seen (I don't think they are going to drive anywhere), but they don't want the evidence on the property.

They know the creek goes to the lake, and they think "ok, let's carry her to the lake." But, as the cross the street, it becomes evident that this is not going to be easy. They get 100 yards or so, and it's really hard and they are starting to panic, through some pretty deep cover and they decide to find a place along the creek to attempt to hide the evidence.

I don't think you put her in a building, because that's where LE looks. They decide that the place they come up with will be one not easily traveled ... so they think they are good.

I don't place a lot of credibility in the logic that leads to this scenario, but I think this is what happens.

Alternatively, someone goes back into the woods and trys to dig a hole. The problems with digging this kind of hole is that to make it big enough and deep enough requires some time, that they might not have felt they had.

thanx 4 the info JAL

It sure would be interesting to know what JW's reaction is to a female body being found. I'm thinking back to when the searches were on for Caylee Anthony. Casey showed no reaction to various searches because she knew where she had dumped Caylee's body. When she caught wind of the location near her home where Caylee's remains were found her reaction was telling..... because she knew the remains would eventually be identified as Caylee's.

Wondering what JW's reaction is to this news.........

JMO

Working on a map. Anyone have the address or link to the rehab house off the top of their head?

I can't say I have heard of bodies found this far from the city making the news in Chicago:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/chi-ap-il-perryco-bodyfound,0,7072406.story

Of course I thought after watching the news video link above that it almost has to be foul play, as I haven't heard of them diving for evidence for a drowning.

Add that to the fact that I haven't heard of any suspicious deaths in Pinckneyville area..............

Working on a map. Anyone have the address or link to the rehab house off the top of their head?

I know the address but no link. It is 17974 Miller Lake Road Mt.Vernon,IL 62864. If this is not allowed please remove

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dpmole5