Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #4

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a Lawyer knows beth, and he does not firmly disagree she took off.

Secondly, those that know BB, who are certain that she did not leave of her own free will, are also simply speculating, and their speculations hold no more merit than anyone else's.

Some of us are not simply speculating, some of us know a lot more than is public.

Cubby is correct the WPD do not feel that BB left of her own free will, and when they are ready to lay all their cards out they will.

SB adored BB and believe me none of what he has heard has any barings on the reward. He would gladly increase it many times over.. This was a big part why the trust was set up.

Some of us are not simply speculating, some of us know a lot more than is public.

Cubby is correct the WPD do not feel that BB left of her own free will, and when they are ready to lay all their cards out they will.

and again...

This is the last time I'll bring him up, as he has chosen to not participate any further with this website, for the moment...

But Just A Lawyer stated he, too, is privy to information that is not public, and also knows all of the players involved.

I feel like you keep insisting that I should go with your theory, because you're in the know... but you haven't given me any reason to not give equal credence to JAL's opinion.

...and again, to be honest... being privy to only the information available to the public, I don't see any evidence that JW or any of her compatriots, thus far, are involved...

I do see, however, a few possible explanations, should they prove to be true, why someone might want to disappear... in my opinion of course.

If any of the speculations are at all true... drugs, adultery, embezzlement, debt... I can see where someone might find themselves over their head...

And I want to state... I understand that this is a victims friendly forum... and I am not trying to push the limits of that rule...

but, if for, whatever reason, it should come to pass, that BB did disappear willingly, you'll see that I am actually advocating for her... as well as for the other, then, not guilty parties, who have been put through the ringer.

Regardless... for fear of eliciting Cubby's wrath, I'm going to gracefully bow out of our back and forth, for now, Paschein.

I feel I've made my point... and you've made yours, and there seems to be very little to gain, aside from rising tensions, for continuing...

and, although I, personally, feel that keeping the discussion open to considering a willful disappearance is what may best serve this case, I don't feel that our discussing it is productive, at this point, or, in any way, bringing anyone closer to finding BB.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.

Cubby
Wondering if the Cubs will lose 100 games this year

Cubby, why are you hating on the Cubs like that! lol They're not in last place.... yet. :praying:

It been a frustrating season. :banghead:

Sorry, got distracted.

Hmm

OT- LOL. I've been a life long Cub fan. My earliest memory at a Cubs game was being so small I had to reach up to grab my moms hand during the 7th inning stretch, because back then the only noise at Wrigley was during the stretch. I was so scared by the noise I cried and cried and my mother pushed my hand away so she could finish cheering. lol. It is a good memory now and I have used the example when I've taken children and they got scared at the noise and cried. It sure put a smile on their face when they knew they weren't alone.

The Cubs are always frustrating.... year after year after year after year after year. ;) Now that I am an avid sleuth I pretend to convince myself (not really believing it) that I can trade Cubs world series to get cases solved. So, I would really not mind another 100 years without a WS if my pet cases get solved. ;) Just my silly self to keep myself sane. ;) (One of those pet cases is Debbie Fijan and the links are in my siggy line. If you guys ever need a bit of a break from Beths case I would love if you all would read the two threads we have for Debbies 44 year old unsolved murder case. That case among others is in my blood. Beths is in my blood now too.)

end of OT

Just a word of encouragement and understanding for those of you who know Beth. I understand your frustration, I really do. I understand the feeling of almost not being able to stand it anymore waiting for answers or info from LE. I know the feeling of almost wanting to jump out of your skin trying to be patient waiting for answers. It's annoying as heck.

A thread for a case gets slow...... and you want to beat the keyboard with some new news, something..... Cases have their luls. May get slow for a bit but then something comes up and the case moves forward. Beths case appears to be somewhat in a lul right now with respect to with new news. I KNOW, just from following the cases I have, this case is not going to stay 'dormant'. It may take a little more time than everyone would like but things will move forward.

We need to keep digging... keep uncovering.... keep searching for answers. I know it sucks, and there is sometimes a huge disappointment when anticipation and expectation about idea's or events do not pan out as expected or hoped, but for Beth, until Beth comes come, whatever the answers are we will keep pushing forward.

I know the info I posted yesterday about project jason may have been taken as being told current efforts were not enough. I never ever meant for it to be taken in that manner. I just added because I know an organization such as this overseeing and pointing people in the right direction will be really productive for Beths case. Beths case has a lot more than others do. Some cases here have very little activity other than the occasional 'bumps' from family of the victim to bring the thread to the front page or words of encouragement with little to go on. Let's try and remind ourselves of the positive things happening. Every day is a day closer to resolving this case. Whatever the resolution may be and bringing Beth home.

-hugs
Cubby

... The fact they shut us down when we has a search party in the works.. ...

I'm curious; in what way did local LE (Mt. Vernon and/or Centralia P.D.? Jefferson County S/O?) "shut you down"?

What search party did you have "in the works"?

I've not read anything here or on FB about any organized search, such as with a command post, maps, communications arrangements, directives if positive findings, sign-in or return roster, progress tracking system.

from what i heard - SB and BB were behind on the mortgage - not the IRS - to the tune of almost half a mil

Can you clarify? Did you mean you heard they were delinquent in their payments on a half million dollar mortgage? Because a home would be forclosed upon long before anyone became a half million dollars behind in their payments. Also, if they were delinquent there would be public records of notices to prove this. Any link to prove this *rumor*?

ETA: Where are you hearing this? Are you hearing this first hand from someone who knows SB, BB or those who do know them? If so, have you sent Tricia your information to be verified?

Without a link this is strictly rumor. Please provide a link if you have information to substantiate this rumor.

tia

I am wondering, if a person wanted to run away- how much do you have to prepare? what do you need to do? How likely is it for an average person to never ever look back to their old life? ... How many people really can do it - how many DO do it? Willingly? Completely, totally? ...

For some reason, "witness protection" jumped into my mind when I read that comment. Just wonderin' ...

For some reason, "witness protection" jumped into my mind when I read that comment. Just wonderin' ...

I think the possibility of BB being in the witness protection program, if that is what you were thinking, is pretty slim here as her family is not missing. Her husband, and especially children would be left vulnerable if only Beth went into the WPP.

Plus no one has uncovered any ties to anyone Beth knows who has pending charges, convictions or is that much of a trouble maker.

JMO

Could Beths disappearance be related to her June 9th court date? It might be unlikely but what do we know about that lawsuit? Those of you who know Beth, since that is public record via court records what can you share with us?

Why isn't JW asking more questions?

on the FB page, JW stated she didn't ask who Beth was meeting. If that was the case, why wouldn't she be begging others who know Beth if Beth ever mentioned this alleged male friends name?

What about any males JW and Beth met over the weekend they were in Mt. Vernon? If they both met someone new that weekend why wouldn't JW be asking RR or NR what they know about 'those guys we talked to at such and such a place that weekend?

It is really odd, if JW really doesn't know as she claims, why SHE is NOT asking questions all over the place to find more info on what others who knew Beth might know, or asking - even pleading for RR to tell her more about the friends or friends of friends of the people she and Beth may have met through RR and NR that weekend.

JMO

I'm curious; in what way did local LE (Mt. Vernon and/or Centralia P.D.? Jefferson County S/O?) "shut you down"?

I've not read anything here or on FB about any organized search, such as with a command post, maps, communications arrangements, directives if positive findings, sign-in or return roster, progress tracking system.

I know this question was not directed at me, but I was under the impression the FB group looking to do this was looking for LE's blessing or assistance and did not get it.

What I have noticed in the news the last few days, are family and friends 'canvassing' area's and calling it that. Jenna Lord was found by her family Sunday after spending two hours canvessing area's she was last seen and found her remains within 2 hours of searching or canvassing the area.

The family and friends of missing Ibrahim Nofal missing from Orland Park, IL did the same this weekend in local Forest Preserves near where he was last seen. ETA: Nothing was found, but at least they ruled out evidence of him being in that area.

It might be worth, whomever is the main person making media contact to see if any media in Mt Vernon might be willing to print a short news release listing the items Beth had and was last seen with incl pictures, and requesting local citizens keep an eye out and search their private property for any signs of these items.

And to organize an unofficial search, or a group of family and friends canvassing area's Beth was last seen, near the home, or lakes, bars etc. they know the group visited that weekend. It might not be as high tech as using LE or a professional search group such as TES, but the group may find volunteers with search dogs in the area who are willing to help. Maybe even people with ATV's who can cover more ground? I'm not sure of the terrain in the area so don't know how viable an option of using ATV's might be, but it is worth a shot.

JMO

Just a word of encouragement and understanding for those of you who know Beth. I understand your frustration, I really do. I understand the feeling of almost not being able to stand it anymore waiting for answers or info from LE. I know the feeling of almost wanting to jump out of your skin trying to be patient waiting for answers. It's annoying as heck.

A thread for a case gets slow...... and you want to beat the keyboard with some new news, something..... Cases have their luls. May get slow for a bit but then something comes up and the case moves forward. Beths case appears to be somewhat in a lul right now with respect to with new news. I KNOW, just from following the cases I have, this case is not going to stay 'dormant'. It may take a little more time than everyone would like but things will move forward.

We need to keep digging... keep uncovering.... keep searching for answers. I know it sucks, and there is sometimes a huge disappointment when anticipation and expectation about idea's or events do not pan out as expected or hoped, but for Beth, until Beth comes come, whatever the answers are we will keep pushing forward.

I know the info I posted yesterday about project jason may have been taken as being told current efforts were not enough. I never ever meant for it to be taken in that manner. I just added because I know an organization such as this overseeing and pointing people in the right direction will be really productive for Beths case. Beths case has a lot more than others do. Some cases here have very little activity other than the occasional 'bumps' from family of the victim to bring the thread to the front page or words of encouragement with little to go on. Let's try and remind ourselves of the positive things happening. Every day is a day closer to resolving this case. Whatever the resolution may be and bringing Beth home.

-hugs
Cubby

Thanx Cubby your right it is :banghead: I don't think any of us thought this would go on this long, and respectfully, when you look at other cases it hasn't really. I look at people like Shawn's parents that went thru this what 4 years? Look at the great outcome that has had.
Personally I didn't feel like you were saying, efforts weren't enough. There is always more that can be done, I think about families that lost loved one 20, 30 & 40 years ago how helpless they must have felt because there were no avenues available to them. So I think we can count our blessing we have so much available to us. Also that there are wonderful people like yourself, others here at WS and all these great sites that have devoted a huge part of their life to helping other families.

Thanx for the peep talk it does help :)) and keeping the hope alive!

Yes they have, in fact when Beth first went missing I went to Jasonproject myself. I am pretty sure this is the place I downloaded a what to do when someone goes missing pdf which has been very helpful. But beyond that I don't think they have, I am pretty sure SB hasn't. AGM does a lot but beyond using the file I sent as a guide, and listing her I think that is all Cubby. They are using advice of retired LE. I think it is hard to keep the motion going you know what I mean. When they don't get the response they hoped for, maybe it is like kicking you when your already down.

I agree the group as a whole have been learning as we go, some mistakes have been made along the way, important ones, but a lot has been learned along the way too.
Honestly I think we are all so frustrated that it is hard to find the focus again..

In respect you the reward, you asked why not more? Remember Beth has spent a lot of money helping her friends, the move from Cali to Woodstock the car, place to live, also some medical treatment that was mentioned before. That is just one friend. SB had no idea of all of this as Justalawyer stated before. Beth I believe lived far beyond the means to provide it, and a husband that loved her dearly and wanted the hand her the world. Maybe because of those $1200 purses, Vera Bradley bags, designer cloths, maybe the funds are just not there to offer more of a reward..
There is an old saying some people live "robbing peter to pay paul" I had a stepfather that lived this way worry about today what you have to, tomorrow is another day.

Crimestoppers put up $2000 the family $3000 an honestly I think the money would be better spent at this point on a PI, but I don't have any research to back that up of how productive that expense is?? As much as I believe WPD is working the case, you just can't productively work it 300 miles away, and with the other LE all telling people she ran away that doesn't leave me with much faith in them helping :(

The fact they shut us down when we has a search party in the works.. I understand the lack of where to start. But you on the other hand just don't throw your hands up and say oh well either. You start by asking the community like I have tried to get done. I have even tried to find if a AM station had a farm report to go to. Without the LOCAL LE help here makes you want to scream. Beleive me I have talked to them plenty too not just WPD.
We are fastly approaching 2 months in that time a lot of areas could have already been searched. Not just a few LE walking around the lake either..
I feel like they are too busy collecting their ducks, when finding Beth would give them everything they need to really investigate the case.
They are putting the cart before the HORSE!

OK I am done venting lol I just needed to get that out.

Respectfully bolded by me:

I have been thinking of this for about a week now but have been holding back because I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. I've heard mention many times about BB's expensive tastes, and the items that she had or has. In my opinion maybe some of these items could be sold to raise funds for the reward or the family. In these hard recession times there are many many people who do not walk around with $1200 bags that have been donating. Just sayin.

OT- LOL. I've been a life long Cub fan. My earliest memory at a Cubs game was being so small I had to reach up to grab my moms hand during the 7th inning stretch, because back then the only noise at Wrigley was during the stretch. I was so scared by the noise I cried and cried and my mother pushed my hand away so she could finish cheering. lol. It is a good memory now and I have used the example when I've taken children and they got scared at the noise and cried. It sure put a smile on their face when they knew they weren't alone.

The Cubs are always frustrating.... year after year after year after year after year. ;) Now that I am an avid sleuth I pretend to convince myself (not really believing it) that I can trade Cubs world series to get cases solved. So, I would really not mind another 100 years without a WS if my pet cases get solved. ;) Just my silly self to keep myself sane. ;) (One of those pet cases is Debbie Fijan and the links are in my siggy line. If you guys ever need a bit of a break from Beths case I would love if you all would read the two threads we have for Debbies 44 year old unsolved murder case. That case among others is in my blood. Beths is in my blood now too.)

end of OT

OT, but can you put in a good word for the Cubs to win on 8/21? We are going to the game. LOL. We are lifelong cubs fans in our house too, and we always hope for next year....every year. LOL!

I've been noticing your link for Debbie's case and will be checking it out. Thank you for all you do for the missing.

We had most of this being organized off the FB page, in a private group mailing. KKR was helping to organize it (with the family help) from that area. She had a couple groups like Salem South Search & Rescue team and talks with TES as well as people from the community that was putting together a search party.
I had gotten the blessing from lead LE WPD, but we needed the blessing of 4 other LE, Jefferson County Sheriff being one of them KKR talked to RM he would not give us the blessing, these group require this before they will help.

Part of the reason was because they were already doing small private search of the Miller Lake area which they didn't want public. Why I don't know!

Even people with search dogs will not come in and help without the blessing of the LE dept.

You can go to the search discussion page look at the bottom post of KKR ..This is to clear up some of the talk about the search ...
to read about it.
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=122739057758360&v=app_2373072738&ref=notif#topic_top

There is also some announcements on the FB main thread if you want to go back thru it as well. Sorry I am being lazy and at work today lol

Cubby that was so sad about Jenna Lord, but I am so glad her family found her. LE had written her off as not wanting to be found. The family found her after only two hours searching, which I might add was a very dangerous area of town they were searching in.

What ever came of Bonnie?? in Alton IL I never heard any more about her search?

I'll put in a prayer for a Cubs win for you on the 21st Paschein.
Thanks for considering looking at Debbies case. Most of the heart of the stuff is in thread one.

As far as a ground search, I'm sure at time will come when LE will give the blessing or use their own resources. I have seen people volunteer with dogs without LE's blessing though LE doesn't necessarily appreciate it and in some cases, such as Caylee's or Kyrons non LE approved searches, especially with dogs in high profile cases appear to be trying to insert themself - even if that is not the case.

Even without dogs, canvassing such as Jenna's family did is still a possibility.

Is it known that they visited Miller lake that weekend and how far is Miller lake from the RR property? I really know nothing about Southern IL. Only been through on my way to St. Louis a few times. And then on 55, never 57.

ETA: I have seen no new news on Bonnies case in Alton. Very sad... I was hoping after her daughter was found alive there would be more news but sadly nothing.

Why isn't JW asking more questions?

on the FB page, JW stated she didn't ask who Beth was meeting. If that was the case, why wouldn't she be begging others who know Beth if Beth ever mentioned this alleged male friends name?

What about any males JW and Beth met over the weekend they were in Mt. Vernon? If they both met someone new that weekend why wouldn't JW be asking RR or NR what they know about 'those guys we talked to at such and such a place that weekend?

It is really odd, if JW really doesn't know as she claims, why SHE is NOT asking questions all over the place to find more info on what others who knew Beth might know, or asking - even pleading for RR to tell her more about the friends or friends of friends of the people she and Beth may have met through RR and NR that weekend.

JMO

So funny you should mention that. My friend asked JW about the boat ride on Saturday on Rend Lake. I believe there has been no discussion of WHO exactly was on that boat up until now. JW told my friend that it was Beth, JW, RR, NR and two other males.

How can JW know every guy that Beth slept with and provide the LE with their names, but not know who she dropped Beth off to meet? These two covered for each other all the time, is it reasonable to believe that JW didn't ask Beth who she was meeting, what time she'd be back to the home in Mt Vernon so they could leave to go back to Woodstock together? How did they NOT discuss where and when they'd meet to drive the rental car back to Woodstock? Furthermore, when Beth doesn't show up, JW just hops in the car and drives back? Wow, what a best friend?

I'd like to see her phone if she even made one call to Beth to see where she was, or did she just leave? Could be a very big clue to determine whether JW knows more than she's saying.

In my opinion, JW was a willing participant to cover and lie for Beth all the time, so it's logical to me that she would lie if she had something to hide. Her story makes no sense, Her story has changed.

I wonder if JW is on WS reading all this as a guest?

I'll put in a prayer for a Cubs win for you on the 21st Paschein.
Thanks for considering looking at Debbies case. Most of the heart of the stuff is in thread one.

As far as a ground search, I'm sure at time will come when LE will give the blessing or use their own resources. I have seen people volunteer with dogs without LE's blessing though LE doesn't necessarily appreciate it and in some cases, such as Caylee's or Kyrons non LE approved searches, especially with dogs in high profile cases appear to be trying to insert themself - even if that is not the case.

Even without dogs, canvassing such as Jenna's family did is still a possibility.

Is it known that they visited Miller lake that weekend and how far is Miller lake from the RR property? I really know nothing about Southern IL. Only been through on my way to St. Louis a few times. And then on 55, never 57.

ETA: I have seen no new news on Bonnies case in Alton. Very sad... I was hoping after her daughter was found alive there would be more news but sadly nothing.

The answer to the question have far is Miller Lake?.....Not very far at all. The southern east end would be just across the road through some woods and brush from the RR house. You can't drive to that part only walk. If you drove to the first place on the lake that you could reach by a vehicle maybe one fourth to one half mile. It's close!!! There are tons of coves and branches to this lake and some of it is private property with homes and such. The north end is the place you would go to have the best view, the road goes up the east side of the lake. There are many other ways to get there besides driving, like I said there is acsess through the woods and lots of hidden areas there. If you are willing to go through the woods.

So funny you should mention that. My friend asked JW about the boat ride on Saturday on Rend Lake. I believe there has been no discussion of WHO exactly was on that boat up until now. JW told my friend that it was Beth, JW, RR, NR and two other males.

How can JW know every guy that Beth slept with and provide the LE with their names, but not know who she dropped Beth off to meet? These two covered for each other all the time, is it reasonable to believe that JW didn't ask Beth who she was meeting, what time she'd be back to the home in Mt Vernon so they could leave to go back to Woodstock together? How did they NOT discuss where and when they'd meet to drive the rental car back to Woodstock? Furthermore, when Beth doesn't show up, JW just hops in the car and drives back? Wow, what a best friend?

I'd like to see her phone if she even made one call to Beth to see where she was, or did she just leave? Could be a very big clue to determine whether JW knows more than she's saying.

In my opinion, JW was a willing participant to cover and lie for Beth all the time, so it's logical to me that she would lie if she had something to hide. Her story makes no sense, Her story has changed.

I wonder if JW is on WS reading all this as a guest?

Isn't it strange that they spent the day on a rented boat and she doesn't know these two guys name? What did they call them all day...hey you? You would have to know at least a first name. Who invited them to go. Do they not know their names? Someone had to know their names and know them well enough to want them to go to the lake and to invite them to go to the lake? You don't usually invite strangers. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove