Found Deceased IL - Benedetta 'Beth' Bentley, 41, Mount Vernon, 23 May 2010 #5

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's a beautiful Sunday morning here where I live.

Everyday, I tell myself NOT to come on WS because it just makes my head hurt.

Here are my opinions, not that they mean a damn thing...
Nothing regarding this case makes sense. From the inception of the FB page,
* there have been lies and deception
* initially trying to cover what they didn't want the general public to know about Beth, yet they chose to put up pictures of Beth that didn't show her in the best light
* not one update pubically made by LE since the initial statement was made when she first disappeared
* admin scolding people who had a different opinion than that of the admin
* asking people to help by donating, promising to disclose the terms of the trust, and then not following through. Basically gave us all the middle finger and said scr*w you. Yet they are still posting that the family is still accepting donations. I think they turned off way too many people at this point to have much hope of getting any more money, and they have no one to blame but themselves for that
* Deleting posts made my people, which makes it very hard to go back and read and actually make sense of what has been posted

Now the lastest, supposidly a post about the LE telling the Bentley family NOT to hire a PI, which of course has now been deleted on FB.

And yes, I too know about SB's trip to Vegas in search of Beth. IMO-really? One man is going to make his way through millions of people in Las Vegas and find Beth there?:banghead:

I DO think about Beth everyday and I DO feel terrible about what her family is going through. From day one, I have always believed that Beth did not take off on her own, and I still feel that way. I do not believe she ever got on a train. I believe there was foul play, and it was definately by someone she knew and it happened in Mt Vernon or Centralia. JMO. I just pray to God that one day we have answers.

There is my two cents for today. I hope you all have a great day.

Thank you Always for your $ .02, as always. One fine day we will have the answers. Here's my penny thoughts, FWIW:

McHenry County Case Search:

93DV000190 B/Ve
94SC001123 Be/Ve & Be/Ro
02FA000233 Be/Ba
09LA000073 Be/Be

Be/Ba 02FA000233 Civil Action to Compel Support 102202>071204

SB/BB Nevada marriage info from ancestry.com (private pay site/free trial subscription)

Nevada Marriage Index, 1956-2005
Name: B L Ballard
Residence State: California
Spouse: S A Be
Marriage Date: 1 Feb 2004
Marriage County: Clark
Officiant type: Religious celebrant
Recorded Date: 2 Feb 2004
Recorded county: Clark
Book: 202
Page: D642359
Instrument number: 70426

&

Record Date : 2/2/2004
# of Pages: 1
Book Type: MAR
Book / Page: 0 / 0
Document Type: (MC) MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE
Modifier
Groom: BE, S A

Bride: BA, B LEIGH

Acknowledgement Date: 2/1/2004
Marriage Date 2/1/2004 12:00:00 AM
Marriage Certificate #: D642359
Total Value: 10.00
Parcel ID
Legal Description:
Remarks Deputy: AEA
Link:
http://recorder.co.clark.nv.us/OnCor...256&ref=Search &
http://www.accessclarkcounty.com/Search

Is there any possibility BB HAS been found, and that her family KNOWS where she is.............and .maybe due to embarrassment or something? they have not said they know where she is?
OK maybe its dumb of me to wonder that..but.the way all the ideas etc are shot down and deleted etc, the way no help seems to be accepted... I just find it weird. BUT thank goodness, I have not had a loved one be missing, so I have NO IDEA how I might be behaving. (tho I tend to think I might accept ALL offers of ALL types of help?)

It is a good point, how would we know if LE closed this case? Who would tell us? Paschien? Justalawyer?

It's funny, the way different people interpret the same information. I thought for certain that BB had met with foul play, in the beginning, given the information we received at the time...

Now, on the other hand... I'm leaning the other way.

I have no idea, obviously, what happened...

but with all the twists and turns the story has taken, and all the odd secrecy surrounding BB, this case, and all the other players involved, it just seems more likely to me.

The addition of SS, and their affair, could give someone reason to run off... not wanting to face the consequences of it becoming public knowledge.

As for SB's trip to Vegas... again, I've never been in his shoes... but I can't see myself going through the time and expense of flying to Vegas to find my wife if I wasn't at least fairly certain she was still alive... especially given the apparent lack of searching on LE's part, in the place she went missing.

In my opinion, a man willing to drop everything and fly to Vegas to search for his wife wants answers, and is willing to go look for them. This doesn't really fit with the image we're given of him as passive and patient with LE.

One would imagine if he were willing to go to LV, he'd also be on LE about the search... unless those with the factual confirmed information have reason to believe she is still with us...

and, again, in my opinion, the actions on the FB page would gibe with that theory...

It would explain LE not wanting a PI, the reason LE isn't searching more dutifully, why the friends / family constantly dissuade ANY kind of search effort, Why people keep hearing LE believes she left willingly, why the award has not been increased, Why BB's family and friends are no longer attacking JW and RR, why JW still works for SB, and why those in the know are trying so hard to protect BB's public reputation.

Again, just my opinion...

but that's my read on it.

Great post. I agree with many of your comments and theories.
What I eventually keep going back to time and time again is Beth willingly leaving her children. Especially her 10 year old. All the reasons you posted are logical, outside of the child. Take the child out of the equation I'd be agreeing with you 100%. But because a 10 year old is involved, I can not see Beth leaving willingly. Not for this long and not without making contact with someone to get the message back to at least her son she is ok.

We've found zero to indicate anything in Beths life would cause her to leave willingly and cause her son so much pain. I just do not believe it.... I do not for a second believe she would deliberately cause her child so much pain. Thus I unfortunately believe she met with foul play, but under what circumstances and who is responsible I don't know. Too many twists and turns and too little information coming from those closest to her who seemingly want no outside help in uncovering what happened to Beth in this case.

JMO :banghead: :banghead:

Is there any possibility BB HAS been found, and that her family KNOWS where she is.............and .maybe due to embarrassment or something? they have not said they know where she is?
OK maybe its dumb of me to wonder that..but.the way all the ideas etc are shot down and deleted etc, the way no help seems to be accepted... I just find it weird. BUT thank goodness, I have not had a loved one be missing, so I have NO IDEA how I might be behaving. (tho I tend to think I might accept ALL offers of ALL types of help?)

It's not dumb of you to wonder that at all. But, I do not believe Beth has been found and it is being kept secret. I know SB went to Vegas for several days and once he got home, he was hospitalized. I think the stress is really destroying this poor man. Besides that, someone I know talks directly to SB and he hasn't mentioned anything.

I do hope that Beth is alive. For the sake of her family, I hope the truth will be known soon. Always praying for that.

It's funny, the way different people interpret the same information. I thought for certain that BB had met with foul play, in the beginning, given the information we received at the time...

Now, on the other hand... I'm leaning the other way.

I have no idea, obviously, what happened...

but with all the twists and turns the story has taken, and all the odd secrecy surrounding BB, this case, and all the other players involved, it just seems more likely to me.

The addition of SS, and their affair, could give someone reason to run off... not wanting to face the consequences of it becoming public knowledge.

As for SB's trip to Vegas... again, I've never been in his shoes... but I can't see myself going through the time and expense of flying to Vegas to find my wife if I wasn't at least fairly certain she was still alive... especially given the apparent lack of searching on LE's part, in the place she went missing.

In my opinion, a man willing to drop everything and fly to Vegas to search for his wife wants answers, and is willing to go look for them. This doesn't really fit with the image we're given of him as passive and patient with LE.

One would imagine if he were willing to go to LV, he'd also be on LE about the search... unless those with the factual confirmed information have reason to believe she is still with us...

and, again, in my opinion, the actions on the FB page would gibe with that theory...

It would explain LE not wanting a PI, the reason LE isn't searching more dutifully, why the friends / family constantly dissuade ANY kind of search effort, Why people keep hearing LE believes she left willingly, why the award has not been increased, Why BB's family and friends are no longer attacking JW and RR, why JW still works for SB, and why those in the know are trying so hard to protect BB's public reputation.

Again, just my opinion...

but that's my read on it.

Thanks for your great post. I too have often thought about everything that you stated.

The only thing is, SS's wife did not know about the affair until after Beth went missing, so what you wrote isn't a possibility.

As far as Vegas goes, I know they own a place in Nevada, not in Las Vegas, and I known it was checked about a month ago. I am sure SB will always keep the hope alive that Beth just took off. It's hard to grieve the loss of any person, but the not knowing, I think it makes it easier to want to be in denial and keep hoping, especially because he loved her so much. God bless him for going to Las Vegas to look for her. If that's what he needed to do, all the power to him. I just think that trying to look for one person in a place like Las Vegas, with millions of people, it would be difficult to accomplish.

Then again, none of us know what LE is telling SB so, they may have received anom. tips that she was spotted and he went to check. You just never know because the LE has been so hush hush about everything.

I hope your thoughts are correct, it would be so nice if she is found. I do know Beth, and I don't want to come off as negative, but my intuition is telling me she came into harms way, only because knowing Beth, I just can't see her taking off and being gone this long without letting a single soul know that she is ok.

On a completely different note, somebody posted something about KB stating on FB that it's too hot to send search dogs out. LOL. That is hysterical. Where does she come up with this stuff?

JMO

Case Assessment

We take a look at the case, what has been done, and is being done, and make suggestions to ensure that certain necessary steps that the family or Law Enforcement should take have not been missed. We may also then refer that family to other trustworthy organizations, based upon the results of the assessment.
Family Media Assistance

Project Jason Family Media Assistance is designed to bring the families we service increased success in getting media attention for their loved ones. In this service, located in the families-only forum of our website, we'll present means of awareness from various sources, such as media outlets, other trained and ethical nonprofits, and from Project Jason. Press release templates, suited to a variety of occasions, detailed advice about working with the media, and suggestions about approaches that give you the best possibilities of a story written about your missing loved ones are presented.
Awareness Programs:

18 Wheel Angels: Bi-monthly poster dissemination campaigns aimed at truck drivers and business travelers. It includes a listing of the featured missing persons in a national trucking publication, Through the Gears.

Adopt a Missing Person: Personalized awareness campaign in which photo buttons of the missing person and a personal biography written by family members are used to create and increase awareness.

Come Home: Bi-monthly personalized poster dissemination campaigns targeting missing person cases wherein there is evidence that the person may be living a homeless lifestyle. Poster links are emailed to participating homeless shelters nationwide who then print and place the poster in their shelter.

Voices for the Missing: Audio interviews done with families of the missing wherein they tell their stories.

Voice for the Missing Blog: Stories about missing persons along with a variety of educational information are shared.

http://www.projectjason.org/benefits.shtml#media

I'm still at a complete loss as to why Beths family would not chose to utilize such wonderful resources. :(

I can say without a doubt if a member of my family was missing there is no way I'd choose to pass on such wonderful organizations as Project Jason. I'd be begging those with the know to educate me admitting having never been in these shoes I had no clue and needed those with experience to guide me. The last thing I would be doing was allowing a group of well intentioned close friends with almost no experience to have sole direction on which services to utilize or not and fiddle/fumble their way through educating and learning themselves. I'd ask for the direction and guide those willing to help to follow the direction of the experts who already know what works and what does not work. I wouldn't waste time using my missing family member as another experimental case to retest what others have learnt does not work.
I would answer the same question 1000 times if I had to because I'd know it meant that person had interest in the case.

I just don't understand it..... two months have passed and the same circles are spinning repeatedly with no forward movement...but maybe there is more going on behind the scenes than we know of and it just isn't meant for us to know. :(

JMO

It seems to me the Adm on the fb page seem to think they know all , but have not come up with anything . Thinking it is time to hand the reins over to someone else that has some experience with this . We need to find answers , the more time that lapses the harder it is going to be .

On a completely different note, somebody posted something about KB stating on FB that it's too hot to send search dogs out. LOL. That is hysterical. Where does she come up with this stuff?

JMO

respectfully snipped. I dunno. It makes no sense. It would mean in the summer months it would be impossible to do searches and we know that is not true. Searches are going on for Kyron, searches have been conducted for Jacob Wetterling. Searches don't come to a grinding halt because of the weather. There is a war going on in Iraq and Afghanistan and it is much hotter there and they are using dogs..... so the "it is too hot to use dogs to search" info only comes off as just exactly how uninformed these people are. IMO it would be far better to say nothing, or I don't know than to pull something out of the sky that sounds so ridiculous.

JMO

It seems to me the Adm on the fb page seem to think they know all , but have not come up with anything . Thinking it is time to hand the reins over to someone else that has some experience with this . We need to find answers , the more time that lapses the harder it is going to be .

I agree. I've been pushing for the direction of an organization such as Project Jason but that info has apparently been dismissed for unknown reasons. I think there appears to be some kind of competition and control over what is happeneing that should not be. This is not about who knows what but rather the BEST course of action to find Beth. I wish people would put their ego's aside and get to the business of finding Beth rather than telling people what to discuss, what to ask and what not to ask. It's counterproductive to finding Beth.

JMO

It is a good point, how would we know if LE closed this case? Who would tell us? Paschien? Justalawyer?

IF BB were found her case would be removed from NamUs and the Woodstock PD site. I think we can safely say when we no longer see Beths case listed at either she will have been recovered, though we may not learn of the details of how she was recovered and if she was recovered alive and well or not.

JMO

I have been following from the begining from the FB page. I believe they were well meaning in the begining but I believe they wanted to protect BB's reputation and just get word out. I now think that BB's friends are protecting SS"s wife and her feelings. They have to be scared that people will think she is involved, Hence the happy family picture. I think she had to have a clue he was cheating, maybe not BB but she must have known something. SB also had to know. If she went out the way it is protrayed he would have to be in a coma not to know.

IF BB were found her case would be removed from NamUs and the Woodstock PD site. I think we can safely say when we no longer see Beths case listed at either she will have been recovered, though we may not learn of the details of how she was recovered and if she was recovered alive and well or not.

JMO

I am so silly, LOL. I didnt think to go BACK and check to see if she is STILL listed in those. :blushing:

I think I was thinking, possibly they know her whereabouts, she (THIS IS A THEORY ONLY) was ok.but not coming home (right now) and rather than be embarrassed over all the goings on, etc.......everyone decided to just try to let the FB site slowly dwindle down and never say oh we know where she is and she is fine.?? MOOOOOOO MOO this was just a theory.......ramblings of a brain while doing daily house chores.

I am so sorry to hear SB was hospitalized. :-( the poor man, the poor sons, the poor 10 yr old! SO very heartbreaking!!!!!

... In my opinion, a man willing to drop everything and fly to Vegas to search for his wife wants answers, and is willing to go look for them. ...

... It would explain LE not wanting a PI, the reason LE isn't searching more dutifully, why the friends / family constantly dissuade ANY kind of search effort, Why people keep hearing LE believes she left willingly, ...

Is it easier to go to Las Vegas on O.P.M.? Would $2,000 for a P.I. in Las Vegas have been a better investment in the search? Just curious...

How is it known that LE doesn't want a P.I.? Or is it actually known or verified? It probably doesn't matter, b/c there might not be $$$ for a P.I.

Does the family (husband? sons? brothers? father?) dissuade search efforts or interest? I've not heard one word from them about it. What I do hear are people who "say" they speak for the family. That's not the same thing. The family should start speaking for themselves.

We take a look at the case, what has been done, and is being done, and make suggestions to ensure that certain necessary steps that the family or Law Enforcement should take have not been missed. We may also then refer that family to other trustworthy organizations, based upon the results of the assessment.

As I read this excellent material and comment, my first thought was, What if the local LE slammed Project Jason and told Scott it was a waste of time, because P/J wasn't LE. Could be just my own jaundiced opinion, based on years of local experience.

However, if WPD did support contacting P/J and yet no contact was initiated, then it would be helpful to find out who killed the suggestion.

IF BB were found her case would be removed from NamUs and the Woodstock PD site. ...

If Beth were found and if there were any delay in announcing it, I think some heads around here would roll. A number of people would be looking for new jobs right away.

I am from the Mt Vernon area and I can tell you that LE isn't doing squat to find BB. There was a very minor story about her the day after she went missing - and that has been it. No one is looking - most people know nothing about it. I was contacted by another WSer who I have occasionally sleuthed with, and she is the one who got me involved in this case. Word through the grapevine is that BB left voluntarily (whether she did or not) - and there is more to the story, but I will not post it as I know it is only rumor. But I have been told it is what local LE believe. I can also tell you that if you want to commit a crime and get away with it, commit it in Mt Vernon. Why??? I wish I knew.......

As I read this excellent material and comment, my first thought was, What is the local LE slammed Project Jason and told Scott it was a waste of time, because P/J wasn't LE. Could be just my own jaundiced opinion, based on years of local experience.

However, if WPD did support contacting P/J and yet no contact was initiated, then it would be helpful to find out who killed the suggestion.

Project Jason is a non for profit to assist families. They do not investigate nor do they conduct searches. There would be no direct 'competition' with LE so there would be no reason for LE to say, don't utilize an NFP to assist with keeping Beths info in the public.

I don't know of a single instance where LE has ever had a negative comment to say about project jason. They are a well known nationally recognized NFP.

hth

ETA: LE making a comment about not utilizing an NFP such as Project Jason would be along the lines of LE telling a parent of a missing child not to utilize National Center for Missing and Exploited children. It simply wouldn't happen. These services only help LE with their investigation. The more eyes and ears looking for Beth, the better chances she is recovered and LE can close the case or change this from a missing persons to a homocide investigation.

If Beth were found and if there were any delay in announcing it, I think some heads around here would roll. A number of people would be looking for new jobs right away.

They would not delay announcing it, they would simply say the person has been recovered or the person is no longer missing no further details are available. They would not leave a missing persons poster at an LE site if the person was no longer missing.

We have several cases at WS where a person has been recovered but we don't know the details. Just that they are no longer missing.

hth

I am so silly, LOL. I didnt think to go BACK and check to see if she is STILL listed in those. :blushing:

I think I was thinking, possibly they know her whereabouts, she (THIS IS A THEORY ONLY) was ok.but not coming home (right now) and rather than be embarrassed over all the goings on, etc.......everyone decided to just try to let the FB site slowly dwindle down and never say oh we know where she is and she is fine.?? MOOOOOOO MOO this was just a theory.......ramblings of a brain while doing daily house chores.

I am so sorry to hear SB was hospitalized. :-( the poor man, the poor sons, the poor 10 yr old! SO very heartbreaking!!!!!

Not silly at all when one is new to a missing persons case.

See my other posts about what the public would be told if Beth were to be recovered and they wished to keep the details of her recovery private.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Superman221