IL IL - Bloomington, WhtFem 273UFIL, 25-40, hanged, crooked teeth, Feb'82

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope it is okay that I am posting yet again in such a short time frame, but there is an angel somewhere in law enforcement who clearly has taken an interest in this case, by the state of the NamUs page and recent updates. There are news articles linked from only two months ago on the documents tab from the archive I don't have access to! Of note: She had a key from an NYC locksmith, and had definitely traveled into the county by hitchhiking. A better estimate of her age is 35-45, and they determined she had never given birth.
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 9.06.37 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 9.06.37 PM.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 167
Could this be a possible match to Lorraine Pepe?
NamUs

Missing from Bayshore, NY (Long Island). Resident/Patient of Anderson Adult Home. Missing since April 10, 1981. Age 44, weight 135, height 68" (two inches shorter than UID), short brown hair, brown eyes. No photos.

This is a hometown case for me. I had not heard about this case until I began to look at this forum and elsewhere online about the missing and the unidentified. I haven't been able to find info about this case through the local paper, The Pantagraph, but suspect the archives may hold more details about the case. An extensive archive is online at newspapers.com but it is behind a paywall. :notgood: So far I can't find any information about where she was found, or anything about those who witnessed her before her death.

DonaMae Bayerl has been excluded, per info on NamUS.

ETA: NamUs changes show Jane Doe's age range as 29-50.

There are a bunch if articles on this lady from newspapers.com posted on her NAMUS page located under the documents tab.

I think it said in the articles that a couple people had given her rides and a farmer and a state highway crew saw her shortly before she was found deceased and offered her help but she declined. It's never stated what exactly she was doing to make people think she was mentally unstable.

I do think the keys from New York City are an interesting bit of info, but I suppose she could've picked them up from anywhere.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ETA: Sorry, I didn't see your post above where you had already found the articles!

Sandra Breed from New York?
Thank you for posting that info about the witnesses! Clearly I am new and getting used to using NamUS based on my quadruple posting. :facepalm:

I wish there was a better picture of Sandra Breed, that also seems like a strong possibility to me. Would love to hear from more people about what they think, especially with this recent influx of information.

Thank you for posting that info about the witnesses! Clearly I am new and getting used to using NamUS based on my quadruple posting. :facepalm:

I wish there was a better picture of Sandra Breed, that also seems like a strong possibility to me. Would love to hear from more people about what they think, especially with this recent influx of information.

There is a slightly clearer photo on Charley...

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/b/breed_sandra.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am feeling strongly that there could be something here with Pepe. The only information I have found about her, beyond the missing persons listings in NamUs and elsewhere, are what *appear* to be census records from when she was a child, in NYC (same as the key found with UID). I am looking through some newspaper archives, and coming up empty-handed on finding any mention of her.

Lorraine Pepe and UID both have dental records in NamUs. I assume they must be manually cross-checked?
I am new to this so would appreciate any help or guidance.

I am feeling strongly that there could be something here with Pepe. The only information I have found about her, beyond the missing persons listings in NamUs and elsewhere, are what *appear* to be census records from when she was a child, in NYC (same as the key found with UID). I am looking through some newspaper archives, and coming up empty-handed on finding any mention of her.

Lorraine Pepe and UID both have dental records in NamUs. I assume they must be manually cross-checked?
I am new to this so would appreciate any help or guidance.

I wish there was a picture of Lorraine, it sounds like she was missing from some kind of a group home but her NAMUS profile doesn't list any disabilities.

I wish there was a picture of Lorraine, it sounds like she was missing from some kind of a group home but her NAMUS profile doesn't list any disabilities.

Lorraine is the best match I see so far and I have searched for hours. The keys would make sense if she took them to escape? Maybe? Idk. I couldn't find anything about the Anderson facility to determine if that is plausible.

I had seen another woman who was in a divorce and travelling to NY to sell her home... I will post link when I find her profile.

Lorraine is the best match I see so far and I have searched for hours. The keys would make sense if she took them to escape? Maybe? Idk. I couldn't find anything about the Anderson facility to determine if that is plausible.

I had seen another woman who was in a divorce and travelling to NY to sell her home... I will post link when I find her profile.

The only thing is that the height is way off, Lorraine is listed as being 5'4" and Jane Doe is listed as 5'10". It's not really a reason to rule Lorraine out but it would be better if we had a photo.

I couldn't find anything on the facility either when I searched, except for someone who lived there in 1988 and had some unclaimed money. I'm assuming it either closed or merged with a larger corporation.

The only thing is that the height is way off, Lorraine is listed as being 5'4" and Jane Doe is listed as 5'10". It's not really a reason to rule Lorraine out but it would be better if we had a photo.

I couldn't find anything on the facility either when I searched, except for someone who lived there in 1988 and had some unclaimed money. I'm assuming it either closed or merged with a larger corporation.

Lorraine is listed as 68", UID 70" estimated. That seems within the realm of possibility to me. Another poster brought up another woman who was 5'4", which does seem outside the range I would expect.
I am about 5'4" and I can't imagine being mistaken for 5'10"!

I imagine it would be different patient to patient, resident to resident, but either stealing keys to get out or being in possession of keys that are yours or perhaps your relatives would both make sense?
It is hard to know why you would need to be in an "adult home" in your 40's. I imagine either a significant physical disability, mental disability or illness, or degenerative disease - or a combination of any of those things. Because there is no additional physical information, other than her basic description and what she was wearing, I imagine physical disability is less likely based on the information given. Obviously I could be wrong and reading between lines that shouldn't be read between.

Her height is probably outside the realm of possibility, at 5'4" while this UID was 5'10". I also think she has a distinctive chin, that this UID does not seem to have. Would be a good find based on distance - Chicago is 2-2.5 hours away by car.

Sorry, I got Karen Koppel and Lorraine mixed up when I posted before

No worries. Searching through all the missing people makes my head spin. Glad to have your feedback.

No worries - I had to go back and check, remembering all of these details and keeping them straight does not seem like an easy thing to do. I'm just glad others are looking at this case, too! I might be new, but this feels like one we could collectively help out on.

Wildcard! I know this is probably not our UID, but I did a double-take on her, and then started reading about her life. Fascinating... she is one of Australia's top unsolved cases. She had money, maybe she made herself disappear. A million to one. Anyways, I have searched everywhere I can think of, and she is the best match I have found based on physical features, height and weight.

Jaunita Joan Nielsen.

JJN_NSW.jpgJuanita.gif

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases-int/552dfnsw.html

http://adb.anu.edu.au/biography/nielsen-juanita-joan-11241

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members