Identified! IL - Champaign Co., WhtFem Skeletal 220UFIL, 19-41, in cornfield, May'95 - Keri Lyn Wyant

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Does anyone think that maybe Ginger Rios is the mystery woman in the laminated newspaper photo found in Franklin Delano Floyd's wallet? It says she was latin, I always thought that woman in that photo looked sort of latin or greek.

If you put Ginger Rios' name in Google's Image search engine, it comes back with 11 pix, a few of which are duplicates. However, in reviewing the pix, it doesn't appear to me that she's the same woman as the person in the picture in Floyd's wallet.

I need to clarify my above post... 11 pix do come back with that search engine mentioned above, but most are the picture of the man suspected of murdering Rios. I didn't realize that at the time I did the above post. I did, however, look more closely at the "actual" pix of Rios, and I still don't think it's the person in Floyd's wallet.

I don't see a resemblance.

BTW, I emailed the Charley Project and provided them with info about Camille's second marriage. It identifies Dotson as her husband and labeled him an accused murderer. I am shocked that none of the MP sites mention Diaz as a possible suspect.

Hollow, did Camille's best friend say if they ever even questioned Diaz?? The description on the MP sites say she had a previous broken nose. I wonder who inflicted that.

Itsreen, I sent you an email answering your above query, since it had nothing to do with anyone involved, I didn't want to post it here.

Another thing I found interesting is that Camille's friend had said (and this had completely slipped my mind, with everything that I'm working on ) that the Jane Doe found with Rios has been lost. They do not know where the body is.

Also, she is not sure if Diaz was ever questioned. It is so crazy because she is the one who filed the missing persons report on Camille, but they will not give her any information as she is not direct family. So sad.

Hollow said:
Also, she is not sure if Diaz was ever questioned. It is so crazy because she is the one who filed the missing persons report on Camille, but they will not give her any information as she is not direct family. So sad.
Hollow, I got the email-thanks. This is getting interesting. So the family didn't file a report? Hmmm. I hope her friend joins us soon. I have lots of questions

Did she say who had custody of her daughter at that time? I assumed Camille's mom had her. Seemed like she would've filed too.

I sort of got the impression that she filed it for the family, they knew eachother very well. I don't know if she's going to join or not, she said she tried to before and well, ya know how that goes. There is also another friend of Camille's I'm hoping to hear from soon.

That's really scary that Diaz might get out of jail this year. Egads !!!

Hollow said:
Another thing I found interesting is that Camille's friend had said (and this had completely slipped my mind, with everything that I'm working on ) that the Jane Doe found with Rios has been lost. They do not know where the body is.
Is this the body in Illinois you are referring to? I'm not sure who Rios is. If they lost the Illinois Jane Doe (who I believe IS Camille), well that would explain why LE is not answering if this could be her. I got an email back from someone there (LE in that county) last year saying the detective on the Jane Doe case would be getting back to me soon. But he/she never did. If they lost the body, that would explain the difficulty in saying she is or isn't Camille.

laini said:
Is this the body in Illinois you are referring to? I'm not sure who Rios is. If they lost the Illinois Jane Doe (who I believe IS Camille), well that would explain why LE is not answering if this could be her. I got an email back from someone there (LE in that county) last year saying the detective on the Jane Doe case would be getting back to me soon. But he/she never did. If they lost the body, that would explain the difficulty in saying she is or isn't Camille.
No, not the Illinois body. The body they found I believe in the Arizona desert.

Hollow, when you talk to Camile's friend again, can you ask if she or C's mother has a copy of the police report that they would be willing to let you review?

BTW, kudos for making contact with her friend!! We would've just been twiddling our thumbs waiting for the detective to call back!!

Is her friend in NV or IL??

laini said:

Laini-

I think I'm understanding that Camille's friend mentioned to Hollow about a guy named Flowers who murdered a woman named Rios. Flowers' wife led police to an area in the AZ desert where he buried Rios. Next to that womans body, was an Unidentified Jane Doe, whose body was lost over the years. If I'm wrong, I hope someone will correct me.

I think you're right on about the IL Jane Doe being Camille, and I think that they still have her body. I wish they would take a closer look at Camille being a possible match! Wasn't it you who said you entered a tip about this?

This is the other woman that was found near Ginger Rios. If the photos don't show on the thread go to the link:
http://www.lvmpd.com/bureaus/homicide_coldcases.html

homicide_janedoe7.jpg
Case #: 000410-1058
Victim: Unknown, Jane Doe #7
Suspect: Craig Jacobsen A.K.A. John Flowers
Date: Late April/early May 1997

Synopsis:
On 05-10-1997 the body of an unidentified female was located by hunters in a remote, desert area near Florence, Arizona. On 08-16-1997, the wife of Craig Jacobsen led police to the grave-site of another female, identified as Ginger Rios, which was in very close proximity to the one previously discovered on 05-10-1997. Jacobsen pled guilty to murdering Rios and is currently in the Nevada State Prison system. Jacobsen also admitted to killing the other female in Las Vegas and burying her in Arizona. He said her name was Mary Stoddard and that her father was a chiropractor. She is described as follows: Caucasian female, 16-18 years of age, approximately 5' 4" tall. On her right, pinkie finger she wore a yellow metal ring with two clear stones and one light purple stone. On her left ring finger she wore a yellow metal ring fashioned like two twisted wires with the letters "M" or "W". See below for photographs of the rings. It is believed she was in Las Vegas, Nevada at the time of her murder.

homicide_janedoe7_ring1.jpg
homicide_janedoe7_ring2.jpg

The ring with the "M" on it sort of leans towards maybe her name was Mary. I wonder if there is anyone missing by that name, that isn't listed. Thanks for posting this Itsreenw !!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back