IL IL - Cheretha Morrison, 38, pregnant, did not pick up her child, Chicago, 26 Feb 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

GuyfromCanada

Reaction score
CHICAGO - A desperate search is underway for a pregnant Chicago woman who disappeared five days ago and has not been seen since.

Cheretha Morrison, 38, is four months pregnant. Her extended family members say they talk to her every day. But the last time they got a call about her was Friday when police called them because Morrison never picked up her 4-year-old daughter from school.

Cheretha-Morrison.jpg

More at Pregnant woman missing from Englewood, last seen 5 days ago

This is not good. Her SUV was found in Rogers Park, 21 miles away from her home. A crowbar, money and a jacket were found inside.

"Just find my mom please,” her son, who didn’t want to be identified, told NBC 5.

He told NBC 5 he was supposed to meet up with his mom Friday morning, but she didn’t answer her phone.

“Her phone just went to voicemail,” he said.

More at Family Says Pregnant Woman from Chicago Missing; Car Found in Rogers Park

Her son found the doors of her house open according to this article. Is there CCTV I wonder.

Did she drop her daughter off in the morning on Friday?

Car looks staged imo. Hoping for her safe return.

Her family is concerned she may be the victim of a crime.

Chicago mother Cheretha Morrison missing from Englewood; vehicle located in Rogers Park

If there was a crime, when did it happen and how? Why would the perp leave the money and jacket in the car? Why was there a crowbar in the car?
I had a crowbar in my truck to use as a weapon if my life was threatened when I was commuting between Chicago and another state.
6900 S. Throop St. Chicago to
7400 S. Winchester Ave Chicago

7 mins
1.5 miles

Correct?

MISSING: Cheretha Morrison, 38, Last Seen In Englewood; Car Found Monday

March 1, 2021
CPD Missing – Cheretha Morrison, 38 | Chicago Police Department

Last Name MORRISON
First Name Cheretha
Age 38

Gender Female
Height 4’11”
Weight 140
Eyes Brown
Hair Black hair
Complexion Medium Brown
Race Black
Last Contact 26-Feb-2021

Missing was last seen on 26-Feb-2021 in the 6900 block of south Throop St. Missing was possibly driving a silver 2006 Porsche Cayenne with an IL license plate of BZ12712. This vehicle was found in the 7400 block of north Winchester Ave on 01-Mar-2021. If you have any information regarding the whereabouts of Missing please contact Area One SVU Detectives at 312-747-8380.

Capture-1.png

I’m confused about the son who was supposed to meet her in the morning? I’m guessing he’s older and doesn’t live with her?
Did she take her daughter to school?
What about coworkers? Where did she work?
So many questions!

Possibly Detectives seek help identifying body of missing pregnant woman found in Lake Michigan

but the heights do not match. So unless they made a mistake there, I don't think it is her.
Height excluded if Cheretha had gone into the water in February when she went missing they would not have been able to get a drawing of the body found. Not to be insensitive to the family but the body wouldn't be in a state that would allow for that these many months later. Still praying she is found.

Height excluded if Cheretha had gone into the water in February when she went missing they would not have been able to get a drawing of the body found. Not to be insensitive to the family but the body wouldn't be in a state that would allow for that these many months later. Still praying she is found.

Unless she was held somewhere until 7-12 days ago....

jmho ymmv lrr

Unless she was held somewhere until 7-12 days ago....

jmho ymmv lrr
The body found in the water was 6-7 months pregnant. Cheretha was 4 months pregnant when she went missing in February. So it couldn't have been her. I follow your thinking though, hoping she is simply being held somewhere and has not been harmed, especially in that she would have given birth by now.

The body found in the water was 6-7 months pregnant. Cheretha was 4 months pregnant when she went missing in February. So it couldn't have been her. I follow your thinking though, hoping she is simply being held somewhere and has not been harmed, especially in that she would have given birth by now.

Whoops you're right, and I used to teach Remedial Math. Ought to be able to count to 9, since I don't have mittens on....:eek:

jmho ymmv lrr

IMG_1299.jpg

Oretha Miller and Robbin Calhoun hold a painting of Cheretha Morrison by artist Damon Lamar Reed outside the Daley Center on Sunday.

To mark the two-year anniversary of Morrison’s disappearance, her family held a news conference outside the Daley Center on Sunday, imploring authorities to step up their search and bring her loved ones closure.

“A part of me wants to believe my sister is out there,” said Morrison’s sister Oretha Miller. “The time frame is making me think that maybe something has happened to her, but even if so I just want to bring this to peace for me and my family. At least find her body.”
Cheretha.jpg

“I’ve been going to events, I’ve been trying to get in touch with Lori Lightfoot,” Miller said. “For the last two years I’ve been trying to do what I can to put this out to the media to get help.”

Robbin Calhoun, Morrison’s niece, said she thought police weren’t doing enough to bring the family answers.

“I don’t feel like they do enough. I don’t feel like they care about us, especially when we’re Black, they don’t care,” Calhoun said, fighting back tears. “It’s hard. It just doesn’t come to an end. We just want help, we just want closure.”

La Shann Walker, a mother whose two children went missing eight years ago in Gary, Indiana, spoke in support of Morrison’s family and also asked police to do more.

“This is a horrific ordeal for anyone to have to go through,” Walker said. “The pain is unbearable. No one else knows what you’re going through until they’re faced with this situation. I wouldn’t wish this on my enemy.”

Miller said her sister was a “very friendly person” who loved her children. Miller is now taking care of Morrison’s daughter, who is six. Her sister’s other child is an adult.

She said the family has had a hard time dealing with Morrison’s disappearance.

“It’s been hard for me hurting like this,” Miller said. “I’m living, but I’m not at peace. I can’t heal if my sister isn’t here. I miss you, I need you like I need to breathe. Please come home Sugar, please,” Miller said.

Two years ago, Cheretha Morrison’s family knew something was wrong when the 38-year-old mother of two didn’t pick up her daughter from school.

“She left my niece at the school,” said Oretha Miller, Morrison’s sister. “The school took my niece to the police station and I knew something was wrong then because she never would have left my niece there.”

Ever since, Miller has been raising her niece, doing her best to answer tough questions Morrison’s children ask about what happened to their mother.

“The little one, she asks about her mom every day, all day,” said Larrinita Starks, a niece of Morrison’s. “And the oldest, it’s rough without your mother. I don’t know how people can live without their mom.”

Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crystalbohnet