IL IL - Chicago, BlkFem Pre40, UP117200, clothed skel, found in crawlspace on 6000 S Vernon Ave, Jun'95

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

ProudSuggestion3528

Reaction score
The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs) - PM Not Available
NamUs# 117200
UID Skeletal Black Female
Chicago, IL

Case Numbers​

ME/C Case Number: 208Jun95

Demographics​

Biological Sex: Female
Race / Ethnicity: Black / African American
Estimated Age Group: Adult - Pre 40
Height: 5' 0"-5' 7"(60-67 inches) , Estimated
Weight: Cannot Estimate

Circumstances​

Type: Unidentified Deceased
Date Body Found: June 9, 1995
NamUs Case Created: February 28, 2024
ME/C QA Reviewed

Location Found Map

County: Cook County
Found On Tribal Land: No
Circumstances of Recovery: A plumber was replacing a leaking fixture in a crawlspace in the 6000 block of South Vernon Ave when they noticed clothed skeletal remains.

Details of Recovery​

Condition of RemainsNot recognizable - Near complete or complete skeleton

Physical Description​

Hair Color: Black
Eye Color: N/A

No Distinctive Physical Features

Clothing and Accessories​

Clothing: One white t-shirt with a "National People Action" emblem One blue baseball cap, One blue sweater, One pair of long john pants, One blue and white striped shirt, one pair of socks, one pair of lace red underpants, one shredded lower garment (possible jean material). - On the Body

0 MP Exclusions

Here's some missing women from the area post-1990, but I'm not sure if any of them could be considered strong matches.

There's also a missing woman from Chicago who was last seen three months before the remains were found, but timeline seems too close, and Jane Doe wasn't found with glasses.

I reached out to NPA and shared the Namus link. I asked if they could share when the shirt was made and if they could circulate the info to anyone who is still active who was volunteering with them in the 80s and 90s.

The hat is a St. Louis Cardinals hat.

MOO I feel like the DID would be on the younger end of the age range due to the fashion style and activist t-shirt.

Here are some potential matches. It's hard without a reconstruction.

Mary Cox from OH - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Dorothy Johnson from IL - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Tracey Turner from MO (St Louis, goes with the hat) - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Sandra Harper from MI - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Ardora Hogan from IN - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Melissa Page from IL (the fashion style fits here IMO) - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Gerri Anderson from MI - The National Missing and Unidentified Persons System (NamUs)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuLuWooWoo
Back