IL-Chicago Police Officer Says She Feared Using Gun While Being Beaten Oct. 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so done with this bull****

tumblr_o1fbvty4GL1tewobjo1_500.gif

She SURVIVED without killing anyone. Jesus. You know very well what was meant by that, c'mon.

She only survived because other officers arrived on the scene. After she was unconscious, she no longer had the option of choosing whether or not to use her weapon.

That single moment of hesitation allowed the perp to attack her, and the minute she was knocked out there was no more choosing. The perp continued to beat her head against the pavement, and was able to also give her partner a concussion. He could have grabbed her gun and shot her and her partner before the other officers arrived.

She, and her partner, were very lucky to have survived.

I'm sorry, but I completely fail to see how there's anything positive about a police officer being so afraid of having her life ruined that she hesitated to shoot a violent criminal and almost died because of it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

This is simply not true. There have been protests for white victims of police violence, and there are a lot of threads here about white victims of police violence.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?315456-Trooper-shoots-deaf-man
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...t-and-killed-by-police-responding-to-911-call
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...19-fatally-shot-by-Fresno-police-25-June-2016

Etc.

And JMO but "Thank goodness he was white" is a rather revolting thought to randomly attribute to LEOs.

All of the threads linked have garnered very little attention and there were no disputes or rioting in any of those cases. You may find the 'thank goodness he was white' statement revolting but I know this as fact through life experiences.

All of the threads linked have garnered very little attention and there were no disputes or rioting in any of those cases. You may find the 'thank goodness he was white' statement revolting but I know this as fact through life experiences.

Thank you for admitting your mistake.

She only survived because other officers arrived on the scene. After she was unconscious, she no longer had the option of choosing whether or not to use her weapon.

That single moment of hesitation allowed the perp to attack her, and the minute she was knocked out there was no more choosing. The perp continued to beat her head against the pavement, and was able to also give her partner a concussion. He could have grabbed her gun and shot her and her partner before the other officers arrived.

She, and her partner, were very lucky to have survived.

I'm sorry, but I completely fail to see how there's anything positive about a police officer being so afraid of having her life ruined that she hesitated to shoot a violent criminal and almost died because of it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I agree. What if this had been just a regular woman with a concealed carry permit? Would anyone be saying "gee, I'm so glad she risked being beaten to death instead of shooting him"?

Nope.

Still waiting for even ONE example of an officer being severely beaten and using lethal force in response, which turns into protests and riots.

Anyone?? Or are we all just blowing smoke here?

The point is, you shouldn't have to wait until you've been beaten into a bloody pulp before being able to defend yourself. You can't even shoot accurately if you've been beaten to a pulp. Your eyes will blur or one of your eyes can swell shut. You may miss the perp and hit someone else. I'm honestly baffled why anyone would want someone (police officer or not) to be beaten to a pulp before using a gun. It kind of defeats the purpose of carrying one for self defense in the first place.

Still waiting for even ONE example of an officer being severely beaten and using lethal force in response, which turns into protests and riots.

Who said that? Nobody on this thread. It makes me wonder who's blowing smoke.

Any case cited will just be dismissed with claims it didnt really happen that way, the police lied, etc.

It is pretty hard to lie about being "severely beaten". Either you were or you weren't. That kind of beating leaves quite a bit of evidence .

Can't find any examples? I didn't think so.... So why are we talking about this again?

I think this is a moot point. It is not about being severely beaten and then shooting. It is about the officer HESITATING at the start, because she did not want to use lethal force. But once she hesitates, she is getting her head pounded on the pavement, and it is likely too late for her to successfully pull her weapon.

The question is about being in a physical struggle and then using lethal force. They already tried tazing him , 20 times I believe, I believe. And he did not stop fighting them.

If she had shot him before he began pounding her head against the concrete, people would have found fault with the shooting because he was unarmed. She would have been liable for criminal charges at worst, and for sure would be hounded by the public on social media, and had her life threatened repeatedly.

I think blowing smoke.

As in you know, that's probably what would have happened based on my opinion, and for all we know maybe it has happened before so let's just say for sure that's what would have happened, okay?

It is pretty hard to lie about being "severely beaten". Either you were or you weren't. That kind of beating leaves quite a bit of evidence .

Can't find any examples? I didn't think so.... So why are we talking about this again?

I think it has something to do with why we're talking about how no one cares when white people get shot although what the specific reason is escapes me atm.

I have never seen massive protests, with freeways shut down, and police stations invaded, in any cases of white victims shot by the police. I must have missed them.

Likewise, I have never seen protests etc. etc. when an officer used lethal force to eliminate a perp who was on top of said officer, severely beating him or her. That would be justified IMO. That is what I am saying here.

It is frustrating being condemned because I believe LE should use lethal force as an absolute last resort to save themselves or someone else in immediate danger.

That is what I believe because I feel abuse of authority is a crime as despicable as murder, molestation, rape etc. When you condemn me, that is the thought process you are condemning.

Nobody in this thread??
Are we reading the same thread?

There were protests and violence in LA recently, over a couple of legally justified police shootings. In the South LA case, the shooter was involved in a high speed case in a stolen car, ran from the car, with a gun in his hand, ran into someones back yard, and refused to drop the gun when confronted by LE. They shot him.

He had a long criminal history, and there was video of him holding the gun in his hand. And yet, massive protests began within minutes of the shooting. And a woman got in front of the tv cameras and LIED repeatedly, saying the cops shot him once, then walked over to him and stood over him, shooting him a few more times, point blank, while he was laying there. TOTAL LIE. The videos showed that was all fabricated by her. She was a friend of his and lied to incite the crowds and inflate the numbers.

I do not believe, as you have stated, that the 'truth' is what everyone is after. I think it is more about selling the crafted narrative then it is about facts or truth. jmo :cow:

I think this is a moot point. It is not about being severely beaten and then shooting. It is about the officer HESITATING at the start, because she did not want to use lethal force. But once she hesitates, she is getting her head pounded on the pavement, and it is likely too late for her to successfully pull her weapon.

The question is about being in a physical struggle and then using lethal force. They already tried tazing him , 20 times I believe, I believe. And he did not stop fighting them.

If she had shot him before he began pounding her head against the concrete, people would have found fault with the shooting because he was unarmed. She would have been liable for criminal charges at worst, and for sure would be hounded by the public on social media, and had her life threatened repeatedly.

It is not a moot point because that is not what she said , actually she didn't say anything, the superintendent said that she said she chose not to shoot, not that it was too late for her to shoot.

What I am saying is I don't think as many folks as you think would find fault with an officer shooting someone on top of her while severely beating her.

C'mon, let's not beat around the bush here, this is the union putting a spin on things because of the intense scrutiny Chicago PD is under for the widespread corruption that is coming to light within the Department. I can cite numerous examples if you wish, both on MSM and alternative news sources.

There were protests and violence in LA recently, over a couple of legally justified police shootings. In the South LA case, the shooter was involved in a high speed case in a stolen car, ran from the car, with a gun in his hand, ran into someones back yard, and refused to drop the gun when confronted by LE. They shot him.

He had a long criminal history, and there was video of him holding the gun in his hand. And yet, massive protests began within minutes of the shooting. And a woman got in front of the tv cameras and LIED repeatedly, saying the cops shot him once, then walked over to him and stood over him, shooting him a few more times, point blank, while he was laying there. TOTAL LIE. The videos showed that was all fabricated by her. She was a friend of his and lied to incite the crowds and inflate the numbers.

I do not believe, as you have stated, that the 'truth' is what everyone is after. I think it is more about selling the crafted narrative then it is about facts or truth. jmo :cow:

What were the injuries to the officers in these cases? Were they brutally attacked? Severely beaten?

That's an important part of CoolJ's question.

That is MSM willing to put anything on the air to support the agenda's that are being forced upon them by God knows who. I can find a crazy person to say anything about pretty much any topic. Journalists are supposed to fact check this shyte. But journalism no longer exists the way it was meant to. Everybody knows this, yet nobody admits it.

It is not a moot point because that is not what she said , actually she didn't say anything, the superintendent said that she said she chose not to shoot, not that it was too late for her to shoot.

What I am saying is I don't think as many folks as you think would find fault with an officer shooting someone on top of her hike severely beating her.

C'mon, let's not beat around the bush here, this is the union putting a spin on things because of the intense scrutiny Chicago PD is under for the widespread corruption that is coming to light within the PD of that city.

by.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members