Resolved IL - Chicago, WhtFem UP11362,18-30, In Cardboard Waste @ Recycling Center, Nov'12 - namus removed

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The sizes on that are for a men's shirt. Hunt Club was a JC Penney brand (sold in the US); I'm not sure if it exists anymore. A quick Google search suggests that it doesn't. The labels I've seen for Hunt Club have a horse on them though. There's a also a custom men's clothing shop called The Hunt Club, but they seem to make much higher-end pieces than this.

I just looked at a bunch of my clothes and many of them have cleaning directions in other languages, including French. These are major brands sold in the US, including Old Navy, so I'm not so sure the label on her shirt necessarily points to a different country of origin for her.

If I had to guess, I'd say she got this shirt from a male friend/family member or a thrift shop.

The label in the black jacket is English/French bilingual, saying "Wrinkle free" and "infroissable", which seems to be French for "unwrinklable". Maybe it was bought in French Canada? Could she be French Canadian, from Quebec, or have some other link with the area?

Is it common throughout Canada for labels to be bilingual, or is this only common in Quebec?

The brand is "Hunt Club" supreme, which ties in with her other clothing identifying with hunting.

Time to research the brand!

Multilingual labels are common in New England.

English is usually the first/larger language printed. One the shirt wasn't, it was prioristed for French. Canada officially recognise English and French languages. I think the English/French labeling is everywhere in Canada. But I don't know which has priority.

Then again it could have been a thrift store purchase, making it all moot.

Was it prioritized for French? The English was listed first (but the font size was the same). The rest of her clothing appears to be American brands from discount department stores. Croft & Barrow is sold at Kohls and Route 66 is Kmart.

image.jpg

Here's a question: How do French-Canadian brands list measurements? The shirt has US measurements (I think--neck size, etc.).

NamUs UP#11362: White Female, 18 to 30 years of age.
Found on: November 5, 2012.
Found at 626 E. 11th Street, Chicago, IL 60628 - http://tinyurl.com/hqcy2jq
Found in compacted cardboard waste at the recycling center.
Weight: 134lbs (Measured).
Height: 68" (Measured).
Eyes: Brown.
Clothing: Black sweatshirt - White undershirt - Blue Jeans - Blue boxers.
Shoes: Reebok - possibly Cross-Trainers.

Photo:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Fingerprints - Dental Records- DNA are all on file, entered.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11362

ME/C Case Number: 081 Nov 12

Local Contact (ME/C or Other)

AgencyCook Co. Medical Examiner's Office
Phone312-666-0500

Attachments

• 11362.jpg
    11362.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 101
  • Shoes.JPG
    Shoes.JPG
    23.7 KB · Views: 100
I believe her Reebok shoes are men's Tennis Shoes from 1983-1987; most likely from the 1985-1987 range. I am uncertain of the country these are from, however.

Wonder if she was homeless/run away and perhaps it was a bit cold in the Chicago area at the time, and she took shelter in a dumpster that had mainly cardboard in it and was accidentally killed/crushed when the dumpster was picked up by the truck? Those types of accidents do happen, sadly. :(

Was it prioritized for French? The English was listed first (but the font size was the same).

View attachment 84040

I couldn't see the French part being prioritized, either. It's the same size/font as the English part, as you said.

I looked through some of the clothes in my closet (all of which was purchased in the USA, regardless of the place of manufacture) and they all of the tags have both English and French. What surprised me was that some had Spanish. There are many more Hispanic/Latino people than French and/or Canadians in the USA, or at least my area. Yet there were far more tags with just English/French than English/Spanish or English/French/Spanish.

I've heard of a Hunt Club brand, but their logo is different from the one on this jacket. Here is a tag from the company with the logo that I am familiar with.

Hunt Club Logo.jpg

Interestingly, the label I found on the net has English/Spanish on it and no French (unless it's on the other side). I don't know how comparable the labels are since the one on the deceased's jacket is just the brand/size.
The one I found has brand/size and the washing instructions, fabric makeup, nation of manufacture (Guatemala), etc. Guatemala is a Spanish-speaking country, but most of my clothes with just English/French were made somewhere in SE Asia.

Her Reebok shoes are from the mid-1980's (and appear to be men's shoes); I suspect that most of her clothing came from a social service agency or a thrift store (even a hospital - most maintain a stockpile of used clothing just in case - I wound up up at Cook County Hospital really sick once and they had to cut my clothing off; I had no clothes to leave the hospital, so they gave me some - I wound up with the most awesome pair of disco pants from the 1970's). With her short hair, etc I suspect that either she was lesbian, transgender, or else trying to protect herself on the streets and blend-in. Her layers of clothing suggests that she was indeed homeless. I think though that we could be looking for a young woman who was most likely kicked out of her house because she was lesbian or transgender. The area of the recycling facility would be a tough place to be homeless - so yeah, it would be good to know the places that they served, since I have to presume she was transported there in the cardboard. I think this may be a homicide as well, but being crushed in a box compactor would certainly leave a significant amount of blood/fluids on her clothing.

Hmmmm, interesting. The images of the clothing are not exactly what is described. She has something like two jackets, shorts, jeans, and several shirts. The number of layers of clothes makes me think that she could be a runaway or homeless. The clothes are probably from mid-level stores like Kohl's, JC Penney, or Sears.

The black T shirt has a deer sign with bullet holes and the statement, "Sorry It's Instinct." She may be a hunter or raised in a family of hunters. Her style is quite masculine -- boxy clothes, all black and gray colors, and very plain white/red/black shoes rather than the more colorful shoes that are more popular for women in recent years. It is unusual for a woman to wear boxers and an undershirt instead of women's underwear and a bra. I am wondering if she may have a masculine identity, or could she even be transgender?

I think these clues could be helpful in narrowing the search.

I agree - I'm going to see if I can find out what kind of trucks the recycling company uses to pick up the cardboard. She may have hidden inside a compactor as well - when I worked in Loss Prevention, we had people hiding in them doing drugs, etc all the time. All it would have taken to kill them would have been 1 push of a button from inside the store - you have no idea whose even in the compactor!

Wonder if she was homeless/run away and perhaps it was a bit cold in the Chicago area at the time, and she took shelter in a dumpster that had mainly cardboard in it and was accidentally killed/crushed when the dumpster was picked up by the truck? Those types of accidents do happen, sadly. :(

A general Google search of people who died after being crushed in a cardboard compactor or recycling truck came up with a lot - it seems this is actually somewhat common; homeless seek shelter in the cardboard, and the truck picks up the recycling before the person inside has a chance to do anything. Once the compactor aspect of the process begins, the person is crushed to death.

The ME added a significant number of additional photos of the clothing that this UID was wearing - clearly, she was homeless. Please take a look at the additional articles and see if you have any ideas! https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/11362 We need to put a name to this young woman - she has to be missed by someone!

Her many layers of clothing definitely lend to her being homeless as well as dressing in layers for warmth. I tend to think she was sleeping in the cardboard and was accidentally crushed.Rt 66 is a Kmart brand, Hunt Club was an 80s JCPenney label with a logo that was similar to Polo and were the same preppie type line. I think Croft and Barrow is a higher end dept store brand from somewhere like Dillard's. Definitely looks like she is dressed from a shelter or thrift store.

With her short hair, etc I suspect that either she was lesbian, transgender, or else trying to protect herself on the streets and blend-in. .[/QUOTE]

Or she just liked having short hair.

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk Pro

Her hair's not that short.

If I were living on the streets, I'd probably keep my hair short just because it's easier to take care of.

The ME added a significant number of additional photos of the clothing that this UID was wearing - clearly, she was homeless. Please take a look at the additional articles and see if you have any ideas! https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/11362 We need to put a name to this young woman - she has to be missed by someone!

Just a few quick thoughts...
Her clothing is not at all warm on their own. Makes me think she layered because she didn't actually own any heavy winter gear and was from a warmer climate like the South.
Her close proximity (under 2 miles) makes me think she jumped off a train at the Calumet Rail Yard and walked into the Pullman neighborhood. Not familiar with the Pullman neighborhood, so I don't know how sketchy it is at night.

Could this person have had a disability? The waistband in the jeans are unusual and they are something I have seen people with disabilities wear because they are easy for caretakers to get on and off... as well as the boxers. It’s easier to care for someone who may need to be changed. Caretakers of people with disabilities sometimes keep the hair of the person they are caring for short because it’s too hard to maintain and sometimes people with disabilities like pressure of weighted materials which might explain the layers of clothing. Just a thought.

Those mostly aren't additional articles of clothing, they're just different photos of the same items. Sigh. They're not labeled and it's hard to tell if there is something new. Possibly the black shirt with the writing on the front? And a jacket that wasn't mentioned? I can't remember what was there before.

It looks like a normal amount of layering for chilly but not cold weather in the northern US. I agree that circumstances point pretty strongly to homelessness, but she's not so layered up as to have been noticeable.

Based on her clothing she was clearly homeless. These clothes were obviously purchased at a thrift store, or more likely, I suspect they were probably given to her at a hospital or homeless shelter. I believe she was most likely lesbian in this regard... She was crushed in a cardboard compactor - though I believe this case is considered a homicide, it is quite common for the homeless to sleep in between cardboard boxes in the recycling container because it's warm; there are many people each year killed when they the cardboard is emptied int the compactor truck. As for who she is, I've been searching and searching but haven't had any luck with even remotely possible matches.

Just a few quick thoughts...
Her clothing is not at all warm on their own. Makes me think she layered because she didn't actually own any heavy winter gear and was from a warmer climate like the South.
Her close proximity (under 2 miles) makes me think she jumped off a train at the Calumet Rail Yard and walked into the Pullman neighborhood. Not familiar with the Pullman neighborhood, so I don't know how sketchy it is at night.

The weather in Chicago then was:
From November 2nd to the 5th, 2012: Sunny with some fog, probably at night into tje early morning. Average temp. was around 68F, 15mph and were out of the south, so it was pretty comfortable.

The Pullman neighborhood is definitely sketchy - even during the day. It's gentrifying, but as a White person you would certainly stand out there. I mean, I lived in Chicago for years, and had never ventured into that area.

She was found at the paper recycling center at: 626 E 111th St, Chicago, IL 60628. This is a block or so away from the Chicago Police Department, and just across the street: Google Maps - Map. Street View: Google Maps

Pullman is served by two Metra Electric Line stations; Kensington/115th Street station and Pullman/111th Street station. Most Metra suburban express trains passing through the area stop at the 115th Street station, and only local trains stop at the 111th Street station. It's also not far from the 11th Street exit off I94. It's also by Palmer Park, which is huge, and a branch of the Chicago Public Library (many homeless people stay in the library all day long). There's also Pullman Park there, but that's a lot smaller.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back