Identified! IL - Chicago, WhtMale, UP52811, 25-40, "Nathan, Emily, Faith" tattoos 6 Sept 2018 - David Waue

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Reaction score
Website
www.websleuths.com
Unidentified Person Case

Namus UP#52811
ME/C: ME2018-04226
Male, White
25-40 years old
6' 1" measured
186 lbs measured
Unk eyes,
Brown short, straight hair
Brown full beard,
Brown full mustache

Found: September 6, 2018
PMI: 2 days (decomp/putrification)
Location found:
Empty apartment, 2nd Floor
824 N. Hamlin, Humboldt Park neighborhood, Chicago

Clothing:
2 brown leather Eddie Bauer brand boots (size 12)
2 black socks
1 black leather belt
1 pair black Docker brand pants (size 38 waist x 29 length)
1 pair dark blue Jockey brand boxer briefs (size L)
1 white t-shirt (size XL) with the words "Walk for CareNet" and "CarenetDupage.com"

Numerous Tattoos:
1. Tattoo- (over left breast) black ink portrait of a baby with banner underneath with the name "Nathan".
2. Tattoo- (midline of upper back) black ink drawing of full body malevolent smiling joker with skulls replacing jingle bells on hat.
3. Tattoo- (midline over sternum) black and red ink drawing of shield divided in quarters with letter "A", two lightening bolts, swastika, letter "B".
4. Tattoo- (inner left arm, from armpit to elbow) black ink drawing of three malevolent smiling joker faces.
5. Tattoo- (left shoulder) large blue number "7" on fire with a yellow crown, two green dice on fire.
6. Tattoo- (left upper arm to elbow) black ink drawing of stylized skulls and snakes.
7. Tattoo- (right shoulder to elbow) black ink drawing of cross with clouds and sun behind. Horizontal inside cross the name "Emily". Vertical inside cross the word "Faith". Beneath the cross, two doves in flight facing each other.

Original

Original

The Namus page has pictures of all of his tattoos and also his clothing. His white T Shirt is blood soaked at the top and full of maggots. Don't look at them if you can't stomach the sight. His other clothes look clean. So I'm guessing shot in the head or face? I wonder whether this was classified as a murder or suicide?

If this guy has a DuPage t-shirt on and was found in the city of Chicago, I’m guessing he has to be local to Chicagoland. He was found in a gentrifying neighborhood that was originally Chicago’s big Puerto Rican hamlet. Still lots of Hispanic and Puerto Rican people there. I probably wouldn’t go walking around Humboldt Park with a swastika tattoo (I also would NEVER get a swastika tattoo, but putting myself in the UID’s shoes). Could he have gotten the swastika tattoo in prison? If so, his fingerprints would definitely be in the national database, yes?

I wonder about COD. Blood on the shirt in an abandoned building suggests murder or suicide.

This one can’t be hard to identify. Nathan is probably his child, Emily is maybe a deceased relative? How has no one claimed this guy with so many identifying tattoos? “Nathan” looks pretty fresh so even if he alienated family through an addiction or mental illness etc, he must have a youngish child and probably other family out there. I normally wouldn’t feel a lot of empathy for a guy with a swastika tattoo, but this is my old neighborhood and this guy seems very identifiable.

Sorry so scattered, my horse kicked me in the face at an event yesterday and I’m recovering but not 100%!

Edited COD part because of new info.

Tattoo- (midline over sternum) black and red ink drawing of shield divided in quarters with letter "A", two lightening bolts, swastika, letter "B".

This is an Aryan Brotherhood tattoo, and his joker tats make me think he has a prison record. He was found in a building in the middle of the Vice Lords gang zone on the West Side near Humbolt Park. I am not suggesting this is gang related, more that he was a fish out of water. The Heroin Highway is just north of there so this may very well be a drug overdose.

Original

Just saw your post Vail... I completely agree this might just be an OD. Kind of strange though, that this Aryan Brotherhood tat doesn't seem to come with a state or location.

Original

Just saw your post Vail... I completely agree this might just be an OD. Kind of strange though, that this Aryan Brotherhood tat doesn't seem to come with a state or location.

I admit I am not as familiar with AB as I am with other gang types, but my guess is he got it in prison and from what I've researched, the shield type may be a disconnected AB sect versus the main one (like Texas AB or Alabama AB) - it looks like there are several of them that use this quad shield in various styles without necessarily adding the state or chapter. No matter what, he seems to have associates and family - someone has to report him missing eventually.

I'm curious about the lighter skin around the tattooed areas. Did he suffer from vitiligo or is this a naturally occurring process in decomp? TIA

I admit I am not as familiar with AB as I am with other gang types, but my guess is he got it in prison and from what I've researched, the shield type may be a disconnected AB sect versus the main one (like Texas AB or Alabama AB) - it looks like there are several of them that use this quad shield in various styles without necessarily adding the state or chapter. No matter what, he seems to have associates and family - someone has to report him missing eventually.

If he did prison time, then they should have his DNA on file. Makes me wonder if he did time before they implemented taking samples?

Is it possible that this guy was a member of a motorcycle club?

I know that there used to be an MC at Division near Hamlin (back in the day) and I think maybe there's a new MC at Chicago and Hamlin, which is about 200 feet from the building where he was found.

I assumed it was a chemical agent to preserve or clarify the ink.

I know that there used to be an MC at Division near Hamlin (back in the day) and I think maybe there's a new MC at Chicago and Hamlin, which is about 200 feet from the building where he was found.

I thought about that, but then I'd expect some OMG or similar tats. He was dressed pretty "soft" for a motorcycle guy - I think any gang activity was probably earlier in his life and maybe not something he associates with now. I think their gang unit will have to ask around and find someone that saw him to get a clue as to why he came to be there.

Given the sheer number of tattoos, I think that would be represented on his body somewhere.

I was also thinking OD, but there appears to be blood on his shirt in the NAMUS photos.

Do you think he was found with his pockets turned out, or that was done before the photos taken? Also what looks like a dirty shoe print on the calf of the pant leg.

You're right about the blood @azure - It wasn't obvious to me until I enlarged the photo of the back of the shirt where it is un-mistakenly red.

If he was murdered, it increases the chances there is someone that is missing him.

Tattoo- (midline over sternum) black and red ink drawing of shield divided in quarters with letter "A", two lightening bolts, swastika, letter "B".

This is an Aryan Brotherhood tattoo, and his joker tats make me think he has a prison record. He was found in a building in the middle of the Vice Lords gang zone on the West Side near Humbolt Park. I am not suggesting this is gang related, more that he was a fish out of water. The Heroin Highway is just north of there so this may very well be a drug overdose.

that much blood from the face/head though? its possible but I feel like drug deal gone bad. Addicts will buy from any dealer, race be damned.

that much blood from the face/head though? its possible but I feel like drug deal gone bad. Addicts will buy from any dealer, race be damned.
I think drugs are involved as well.

I did some checking on the Carenet walk and it seems to be mainly a Kentucky thing. Getting a flyer with his info through the prisons in the midwest might help if they don't already do that routinely. I wonder how long before they release any more info if any.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back