Found Deceased IL - Daniel Jarski, 62, Grant Park, 9 September 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

doodles1211

Reaction score
41688277_10216747262824295_899936995885711360_n.jpg

GRANT PARK, Ill. — The Kankakee County Sheriff’s Office is asking for the public’s help in locating a retired teacher.

Daniel A. Jarski, 62, was last seen Sunday, Sept. 9 in rural Grant Park, Ill. When he hadn’t returned home by late afternoon, his family began to worry. It was not known where he was headed or with whom.

His vehicle was found in a hunting area near the Kankakee River, but authorities don’t believe he went there to hunt. Police say there’s no evidence of foul play.

Jarski taught science at Andrew High School in Tinley Park for 23 years, and is married with three children.

The Jarski family organized a search party that began searching for Daniel along the Kankakee River Thursday morning.

Retired teacher from Kankakee County missing since Sunday
41636688_2282830008458774_4412112962790096896_o.jpg

Kankakee County Sheriff's Office

Search continues for retired Andrew High School teacher

Sept. 13, 2018

“Andrew Principal Bob Nolting, issued a statement Thursday saying, “Our hearts go out to the family and friends of Dan Jarski. He is a valued member of the Andrew High School community. We have reached out in support of his family and the search efforts. Our hope is that Dan is found safe and reunited with his family.”

The sheriff’s department and family members are relying on social media to spread the word and enlist the public’s help in what the family has called a “sudden” and “out-of-character disappearance.”

Anyone with information should contact Detective Brady Bertrand at 815-802-7159.“

The rivers up in this area are all extremely high. I hope he didn't have a medical event and stumble into the current. Praying for his family.

The rivers up in this area are all extremely high. I hope he didn't have a medical event and stumble into the current. Praying for his family.
In the podcast they said the river was very low at the time of his disappearance....

I am surprised he did not tell his wife where he was going and about how long he would be gone.

Jarski left his keys and wallet at home on Sunday morning, which was normal for him. His family said they're still hoping for his safe return.

Retired teacher missing from Grant Park

How would he get his truck to the hunting ground if he left his keys and wallet at home? I can understand running out without your wallet, but you need your keys to drive your car.

Hmmmm

How would he get his truck to the hunting ground if he left his keys and wallet at home? I can understand running out without your wallet, but you need your keys to drive your car.

Hmmmm

The Vanished podcast episode makes it clear that he would occasionally bring just the car key with him and then hide it on the vehicle behind the spare tire. When the van was found, the car key was hidden exactly where he would usually hide it.

The Vanished podcast episode makes it clear that he would occasionally bring just the car key with him and then hide it on the vehicle behind the spare tire. When the van was found, the car key was hidden exactly where he would usually hide it.

Thanks for the clarification!

After listening to the Vanished podcast, I think it's a possibility that he disappeared willingly. I think this for a few reasons. First, I feel as if there were things that his wife didn't say in the podcast, but I guess I read between the lines, because of what she didn't say and because of the way she said what she did say. They seemed to have quite a bit of independence and separate things going on in their lives. So I think it's possible there was something that led him to strike out on his own, even though she said he'd never do that to his kids.

And secondly, the whole key and odometer thing...it's as if he left the truck in a way that left no trace. Almost no miles, key there for anyone to be able to remove it, unlocked.

If this is the case, I hope he realizes how much he's missed and that he returns. Still holding out hope he is alive.

In the podcast they said the river was very low at the time of his disappearance....
Thanks! Parts of Illinois got way more rain in late summer than normal so we had one local river very high. Probably missed some areas entirely.

Thanks for the clarification!
The podcast does not state that the key he took with him to drive the van was found. He had removed his van key off of his key ring that morning and took only that key with him. That key has not been found. His wife says there was always a spare key hidden, in the event he lost the key he took with him. That is the key that was found. Her sons found it after the vehicle was returned to her.

The podcast does not state that the key he took with him to drive the van was found. He had removed his van key off of his key ring that morning and took only that key with him. That key has not been found. His wife says there was always a spare key hidden, in the event he lost the key he took with him. That is the key that was found. Her sons found it after the vehicle was returned to her.

Ah... thanks for the further clarification and Welcome to the Websleuths. :)

You’re right and thank you for that clarification.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back