Found Deceased IL - Daniel Jarski, 62, Grant Park, 9 September 2018

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It might be too dangerous for divers but I wonder if they searched underwater around the Wilmington dam. He was parked just a mile or two upriver from it and since he had only his drivers license, no phone, I wonder if he planned to go in or cross the water. The undertow current around that dam is treacherous, even with low water and 18 people have been sucked into the current and drowned there since 1984. Wilmington dam called a 'drowning machine' — but a fix eludes victims' families

A search group will meet at 8 a.m. Saturday, Nov. 10, at the park to scour a fishing and boat launch area south of Route 102. west of Warner Bridge Road. Anyone with search-and-rescue training and experience is urged to help.

"If you can't make it at 8 a.m., we need help all day," Jarski's sister said. "The morning shift people may need a break. Please try to come and help search for my brother."

Along with weather-appropriate jackets and shoes, volunteers should wear orange or brightly colored clothing. The search location is a non-hunting area, but it is hunting season. The family is engineering this search before winter weather makes it hazardous.

Weekend Search For Missing Ex-Oak Lawn Resident Needs Volunteers

There is some activity on the Find Dan Jarski facebook page that indicates a body may have been found during the latest search. One comments states that they may be awaiting a coroner's ID before the family makes a formal statement.

Well wishes going out to Dan's family, one way or another.

Find Dan Jarski

RIP. Would like to hear the autopsy report.
Sad news indeed. The Chicago Sun reported his weight at almost 300 pounds. I'm hoping it was cardiac and very sudden. Passing while enjoying an activity I love would be my preferred way to go.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper
Back