Found Deceased IL - Dominic Walker, 16, Asperger’s and ADHD, Decatur, 11 May 2019

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Decatur police review surveillance footage, expand search area for missing Mattoon teen

Police reviewed surveillance footage from homes and businesses near the Decatur house where 16-year-old Dominic Walker was last seen as the search continued Wednesday for the missing Mattoon teen.

Copeland said officers had obtained the footage from homes and businesses within several blocks and were reviewing it Wednesday. Police have also searched all of the abandoned houses within a several-block radius of Dominic's last known location and Dreamland Pond in Fairview Park, he said, and officers have spoken with registered sex offenders in the area.

"This is still a missing persons investigation," Copeland said.

Police are continuing to search wooded areas and speak with more residents in an expanded area, he said.

Dreamland Pond in Fairview Park is one of the bodies of water shown in the map in a post earlier in this thread.

It is in the park not too far from the skate park area.

Pictures in the article above show the police searching along the railroad tracks south of King Street.

Glad they checked that pond.

They're south of the home and shopping plaza. He got across that major road, SR36 which also appears to be named W Eldorado St. Following the railroad tracks? Trains can be very fascinating to young people.

Attachments

• E50F267D-EFE5-4D09-A1F3-C7A401A6B2E8.jpeg
    E50F267D-EFE5-4D09-A1F3-C7A401A6B2E8.jpeg
    269.1 KB · Views: 3
I’m a family member of his. And there are no updates.
Everything about it is wrong. My mom and I are so confused. Running away would be so out of character. Especially with no phone, money, or shoes. Nothing.
My mom, husband, and I are just doing our best to circulate the news articles.
I found this website by chance while looking for all the different articles I could find. Please keep sharing.

I can't imagine what your family is going through right now. I am so sorry.

I just wanted to let you know I'm local and I have my eyes and ears open for Dominic. I asked my husband to share the missing flyer at his job tomorrow just in case anyone there is unaware and/or as a reminder that Dominic is still missing.

Hoping he is found safe soon. We will keep sharing and spreading the word until then.

Sister of missing teenager questions disappearance

May 15, 2019

[...]

Police say they will be out doing a detailed search in the neighborhood on Thursday. His father talked to the FBI on Wednesday. Walker's sister says their mom will be talking to the FBI on Thursday as well.

[...]
I’m glad to hear the FBI is involved. Even if he willingly left the house, either he was restless, curious, spooked, or whatever, he needs to be found ASAP. He is not equipped to live on the street or protect himself from crimes.

His parents are pleading for his return.
Ashanti Ford NBC17 Facebook page.
Ashonti Ford NBC17
Rewatched this today because the body language was weighing on my mind. I could be way off base here and totally my opinion only.

Mom was very physically open and voiced concerned.

Dad says nothing, not even nodding affirmations, is very standoffish, hands in pockets, does not appear to want to be physically near Mom. (they’re divorced.) Is this Dads lack of social skills or is he avoiding contact with others in person? (He is on social media.)

This really puts the daughter is an awful position as it would any child of divorced parents. It seems to me the Mom & daughter are united but Dad is choosing to be invisible.

Rewatched this today because the body language was weighing on my mind. I could be way off base here and totally my opinion only.

Dad says nothing, not even nodding affirmations, is very standoffish, hands in pockets, does not appear to want to be physically near Mom. (they’re divorced.) Is this Dads lack of social skills or is he avoiding contact with others in person? (He is on social media.)

This really puts the daughter is an awful position as it would any child of divorced parents. It seems to me the Mom & daughter are united but Dad is choosing to be invisible.

Maybe the Dad is feeling guilty and probably getting some serious anger/resentment from Mom since their son disappeared on HIS watch? I mean I can only imagine the words I would be screaming at an ex-husband if my child went missing while in his care ... and to add that on top the typical parental guilt the dad is feeling for having not protected/prevented his son from going missing. I would imagine this poor dad is pretty beaten down right about now.

Maybe the Dad is feeling guilty and probably getting some serious anger/resentment from Mom since their son disappeared on HIS watch? I mean I can only imagine the words I would be screaming at an ex-husband if my child went missing while in his care ... and to add that on top the typical parental guilt the dad is feeling for having not protected/prevented his son from going missing. I would imagine this poor dad is pretty beaten down right about now.
I suspect the same too. He’s feeling awful and no doubt, Mom nor anyone is else is letting him slide either.

[...]

Dominic Walker went missing Saturday when his father, Adam, says he woke up to find his son was gone. Adam says Dominic was watching Netflix when he went to bed at around 3:30 a.m. The back door of the home on West King Street was wide open in the morning.

[...]

On Wednesday, Harristown Fire Department's search and rescue team began using sonar equipment to search the Sangamon River west of the dam. Search teams say the river was too high, making the search very difficult.

[...]

50 vacant homes, buildings searched for signs of missing teen

Fairview Park shut down in Decatur

DECATUR, Ill. (WAND) - Police shut down Fairview Park Thursday evening after searching the area earlier for a missing teen.

Areas of Dreamland Lake are roped off with law enforcement in the area. Police were searching the park earlier Thursday for 16-year-old Dominic Walker.

Police have not confirmed if the scene at the park is related to Walker.

Dominic’s dad isn’t my dad. I’ve never liked him. Mom and I are best friends.
I’ve had thoughts of him being involved since the very beginning but I hope not. How can you do that to your son?

Missing Persons Awareness Network is reporting Dominic is deceased. I’m so sad for him and his family. They’ve worked so hard to find him.

***UPDATE***
It is with a heavy heart that we must notify Dominic Walker, 16, has been found deceased. It is unimaginable having to lose your child and with no answers. We thank the Decatur Police Department for doing everything they could to bring him home.

Please be respectful on our page as our families are always on here watching. Please feel free to send your love and condolences at this time. We will not be answering any questions at this time.

Fly high Dominic
Missing Person Awareness Network NFP

Body found in Decatur lake; park closed

DECATUR, Ill. (WAND) - A body has been found in Dreamland Lake in Decatur, according to a viewer.

That viewer said her son found a body floating in the lake and called 911.

Police shut down Fairview Park Thursday evening after searching the area earlier for a missing teen.

Oh dear :( that damn dreamland lake...... I was in the mind set of 'where would a teen go missing/wandering too, not 'where would someone dump a body'.... But yep dreamland lake is the one of 2 places that quickly come to mind ( the other being hells hollow) :(:(:(:(:( so sad

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ula
Back