GUILTY IL - Drew Peterson charged with trying to hire hit man to kill Glasgow

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Brought my post over from the other Drew Peterson thread as it should be here. Jon Seidel has tweeted that he has to back out of this case until closer to verdict, but I have found a couple of tweeters - one for the Chicago Tribune - Matt Walberg https://twitter.com/mattwalberg1 and one for the Randolph County Herald in Chester, IL https://twitter.com/Editor_RCHT Oh and Justice Cafe is putting up tweets from both of them also https://twitter.com/facsmiley

From Matt Walberg's Tweets - (I posted this on the wrong thread yesterday, so bringing this over and looking for tweets from today!)

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 21h21 hours ago (from yesterday 5/24)
#DrewPeterson trial sked, subject to change: Wednesday - Smith direct; Thursday - Smith cross/redirect; Friday - 5-6 state witnesses.

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 21h21 hours ago (Tuesday 5/24)
Day two of #DrewPeterson trial is now in the books. Trial resumes at 8:45 a.m. tomorrow with more from Antonio "Beast" Smith.

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 19h19 hours ago
The latest updated story: #DrewPeterson duped into thinking prosecutors would be killed, inmate testifes.

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 5h5 hours ago (Wed. 5/25)
Day 3 of #DrewPeterson trial underway with more of his convo w/ Smith in the prison yard on 11/16/14. Lots of dreams about life after prison.

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 5h5 hours ago
Drew on 11/16/1: "...I’m really anticipating him bringing up the charges right before his next election. But if he’s not around, he can’t."

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 3h3 hours ago
Now they're talking about making a turkey in their cell for Thanksgiving.
"I'll make you whatever you want," said Beast

Now #DrewPeterson complaining state police stole from his home. "They stole a ****in' Rug Doctor!...You know, to shampoo your carpet with."

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 1h1 hour ago
Updated story on #DrewPeterson trial with today's test'ny.
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/l...525-story.html
Recordings: Drew Peterson tried to keep authorities guessing on wife's whereabouts

from article:

In a conversation from Nov. 16, 2014, Peterson talked about making authorities think Stacy Peterson was in Peoria and that she might show up to testify at his murder trial.
"You know how many times me and my lawyer knew they listening? And we were telling them like, 'She's in Peoria,'" Drew Peterson says on the recording played in court Wednesday. "The next week, they were there. They were tearing up (expletive) Peoria."
[...]
Smith testified this week that he led Peterson to believe Smith's uncle would kill Glasgow, and Peterson thought he would then win his murder case appeal and be freed from prison.
[...]
In recordings played in court Tuesday, Peterson talked about flying to Mexico to join a cartel and sell drugs, or moving to Jamaica and chasing women. In the Nov. 16 discussion, the inmates talk about how their plan is just the beginning.

Thanks Cubby for the correct thread! :wave:

read from bottom up! :)

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 2h2 hours ago
#DrewPeterson trial recessed for the day. State expected to rest its case in chief first thing tomorrow.

State replaying tape of #DrewPeterson sentencing hearing, including "I DID NOT KILL KATHLEEN!" (Press room was braced for it this time.)

Since lunch break, witnesses have FBI agent, Menard CC have been t'fying to chain of custody-related issues regarding the rec'ding device.

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 35m35 minutes ago
FBI Special Agent Brian Clark now testifying in #DrewPeterson trial

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 35m35 minutes ago
Antonio "Beast" Smith is stepping down from the witness stand in the #DrewPeterson trial. He first took the stand on Monday.

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 45m45 minutes ago
Updated story: #DrewPeterson attorneys target inconsistencies in informant's testimony.
article link: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-drew-peterson-trial-day-4-met-20160526-story.html

After lunch in #DrewPeterson trial, Liefer done with cross. AAG Steve Mate starting re-direct.

Liefer: "Because he doesn’t say that, isn't that true?"
Smith: “Not in those words.”

"We listened hrs and hrs of recordings. Can your refer to the specific date and time when #DrewPeterson said 'kill James Glasgow?'"
“No.”

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 4h4 hours ago
Atty honing in on how kites were handled by other inmates, questioning if others may have read them, compromising the secrecy of the play

#DrewPeterson atty hitting Smith for divulging deets of the plan to Gabriel in kites despite FBI warning to keep his mouth shut.

In "kite" to his friend Adrian Gabriel b4 the secret recing of #DrewPeterson began, Smith mentioned that the device wouldn't be on his chest

#DrewPeterson attorney also hammering at comforts Smith has in BOP. "How many fantasy football teams did you have in Menard?"
"None."

...and thousands for Smith's cooperation, or the deal with LEOs was off.

#DrewPeterson atty hammering at notes Smith sent to cellmate in Stateville, in which he appeared to brag that they were getting freedom...

"... So before we talk about anything else, are you gonna keep me safe.”
WillCo SAO investgator: "Well, we'll defn'tly see what we can do."

Smith: “I’ll get the conviction. But I just want to know, b/c I’ve seen a lot of people work with IA and prosecutors and they get f'd over..

Smith said he wanted to be transferred from Pontiac b/c he was afraid of the guards and the inmates due to his cooperation on other probes.

(pt. 2) "...Wear a wire, get him to write stuff down, but like I said, I don’t want to do anything unless you guys care about my welfare."

Smith in 8/2015 to Will Co. SAO: Like I told you, I’ll do anything you want to get this conviction.... (pt.1)

"...more classes, more jobs," Smith said of BOP digs. "It’s open all day, so ur in and out of your cell whenever you want. Btr fud..env'mt.”

Smith hasn't seen #DrewPeterson since. Now in Fed. prison for safety, though it has it's upsides, he said....

Smith was transferred out of Menard a few days later for safety. "I wore a wire in a max security joint. It’s the worst thing you could do.”

After 11/29/15 Smith didn't talk de hit #DrewPeterson. "He was already suspicious, so to keep bringing it up would be even more suspicious."

Matt Wallberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 6h6 hours ago
ICYMI... Recordings: Photo staged by authorities raised Drew Peterson's suspicions

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 6h6 hours ago
Weather moving in from the west as #DrewPeterson trial gets ready for day 4. Can't get enough of this view.

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 6h6 hours ago
At hotel this a.m. met 2 cyclists riding x the US. Learned KY's has rep among cyclists for having most mean, unchained dogs. #weirdfacts

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 7h7 hours ago
Read @ReporterHal: Feds investigating how nearly $5,000 check ends up in alderman's hands

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 18h18 hours ago
Dinner and a show after day 3 of #DrewPeterson trial #KeepJournalismGlamorous

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 18h18 hours ago
Updated story with Wednesday's testimony from the #DrewPeterson trial

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 22h22 hours ago
#DrewPeterson trial finished for the day, and pros. say done with recordings. Tomorrow may be final direct of Smith, then cross examination.

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 23h23 hours ago
Recording of the 11/29/14 is probably the hardest one to decipher so far. Jurors have prosec'tn transcript to aid them, over Def. object'n

MAtt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 23h23 hours ago
Next day, #DrewPeterson said he thought pic was fake. "I mean, are you kidding me? I’m telling ya, the spidey sense were going off."

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 24h24 hours ago
Photo made #DrewPeterson suspicious, Smith test'fd. Said at chow, DP said "red flags" abt pic of Glasgow, but didn't explain at that time.

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 24h24 hours ago
#DrewPeterson said he likes rom/coms: "I like to laugh all the time at movies, especially in here. We don't have a lot to laugh about"

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 1d1 day ago
Prosecutor asked why he was concerned it appeared staged.
“Because Drew Peterson used to be a cop.... He thinks about stuff like that.”

"It was obvious, it was set up," Smith tst'fd. "They had, ‘James, stand here. The other guy, stand here.’"

...and wrote "This ****'s obvious" on the back of the photo when #DrewPeterson sent it back to him.

Photo of Glasgow, his first assistant and an FBI agent posing as the wife of Smith's uncle. Smith was concerned it looked staged...

Smith tst'fd he got kite back from #DrewPeterson saying, "That’s my friend and his first assistant."

Smith tst'fd that on 11/25/14 he sent pic of glasgow to #DrewPeterson via a "kite" saying "Drew is that your friend at his office, Glasgow?"

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · May 25
Loving the Randolph Co. Crthouse. Clean, panoramic views of the Mississippi, and an eclectic mix of 60's-80's hits playing in the bathrooms

Updated story on #DrewPeterson trial with today's test'ny. Hat tip to @PatRegan1 for making it readable

Now #DrewPeterson complaining state police stole from his home. "They stole a ****in' Rug Doctor!...You know, to shampoo your carpet with."

Smith said he couldn't wait to see stories about Glasgow's murder on the news. "We'll be mother****in' high-fiving," #DrewPeterson said

And now they're talking about *advertiser censored*. I'll spare you the details.

Apparently you can make an apple pie crust by scraping the peanut butter frosting of the prison cookies and crushing the cookies into dough.

Hey! :wave:

Read from the bottom up (easier for me to copy and paste that way! :D )

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 2m2 minutes ago
#DrewPeterson waived right to testify. Defense, in a surprise, just rested. Closing arguments on Tuesday.

Bohannon said Smith can't be trusted. "He wasn’t truthful," he told jury. "Sometimes he tells the truth, most of the time he wouldn’t.”

#DrewPeterson defense has Jacob Bohannon on stand, co-def of Antonio Smith in 2011 throat-slashing of woman whose home they were robbing.

Padilla sed Smith was memb'r of the Insane Gangster Satan Disciples. As 4 #DrewPeterson being in a gang? He chuckled. "No to my knowledge."

"... (it) seemed like he (Smith) was trying to distance himself from us," Padilla said.

“I didn’t like the way his (Smith's) attitude was at the time," Padilla said. "Acting suspicious… "

“I just tried to stay away from him," Padilla said of Smith. "Certain things he was saying, certain things he was doing just did not mesh.”

Menard inmate Jesus Padilla t'fying that Smith seemed different after he returned to Menard in Fall 2014....

ICYMI, Drew Peterson attorneys target inconsistencies in informant's testimony

State rests its case in #DrewPeterson, Def. Atty. Lucas Liefer asked for directed verdict of not guilty, Judge Richard A. Brown denied mot'n

Word is that today will be a short day of testimony in the #DrewPeterson trial, though that's always subject to change.

I guess that's it for the day!

Thanks Niner!

What does everyone think? Did the state make their case?

To nad I could not hear the entire testimonies to say the state did make and meet its claim.....but I vote guilty.

You're quite welcome Cubby! Someone has to do it! :D Your name reminds of the Mickey Mouse Club! :mickey: I collect Mickey Mouse things! :) Sharon, Annette, Cubby! :giggle:

I vote GUILTY!!!

Making a note to myself to be back here on Tuesday for you all!
:wave:

Okay - here's what I got so far! Read from the bottom up!! :D

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 21s21 seconds ago
#DrewPeterson jury now deliberating. And they'll be eating soon. Just saw the sandwich guy walking toward the courtroom

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 14m14 minutes ago
"... wore a wire on a fellow inmate in a maximum security prison," Walker told #DrewPeterson jury.

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 14m14 minutes ago
"“You think he’s every going to sleep with both eyes closed again? There’s no way. Because he crossed the biggest lint there is: He...

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 15m15 minutes ago
"There’s a lot of rules in prison. You don’t snitch on a con, and you don’t snitch on COs (guards)," Walker said.

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 16m16 minutes ago
Walker said jurors can believe Smith b/c he took great risk to get recordings of #DrewPeterson....

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 17m17 minutes ago
Both Liefer and Walker arguments short. Judge giving instructions to #DrewPeterson jury now.

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 28m28 minutes ago
...because I know he doesn't want me dead.”

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 28m28 minutes ago
"I didn't put him away in prison for 38 years!!! And as mad as I am right now, I’m still gonna go have a drink with him....

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 29m29 minutes ago
Jeremy Walker closing: "Lucas and I are friends. We plan on going out and having a drink together tonight after this is over....

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 32m32 minutes ago
Liefer said state cannot point to one instance on recordings where #DrewPeterson asked Smith to "murder" or "kill" Glasgow.

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 38m38 minutes ago
State relying on word of "a lying snitch, who is so unreliable that it’s embarrassing that the state paid him money," Liefer said

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 53m53 minutes ago
(Liefer cont:) "Oh my gosh! Did I just commit solicitation of murder???

Matt Walberg ‏@mattwalberg1 · 54m54 minutes ago
#DrewPeterson atty Lucas Liefer: "If not for (Randolph Co. State's Atty) Jeremy Walker, I probably would be state's attorney this county!...

AAG Nate done with state's first closing argument in #DrewPeterson trial. Judge giving jurors their morning break, then defense to argue.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it’s the def's own words that prove him guilty beyond reasonable doubt.... He said it, he meant it, and he's guilty."

...He was linking himself to the whole thing with his own words.” AAG Nate said re: #DrewPeterson

"it would just be his word against Smith," Nate said. "But he was wrong, b/c he was linking himself to the whole thing on the recordings..."

“See, he (#DrewPeterson) was counting on Smith being the only one who knew anything about this. That way if anything went wrong...

"He wanted the prosecutor dead, and b/c of that he’s gonna limit the number of people he’s talking to about it," AAG Nate said.

“He did that b/c this is real, this wasn’t just prison talk..." Nate said.

AAG Nate sed jury sh'ld note #DrewPeterson didn't talk with anyone but Smith about the hit, even tho he talked with other inmates on tape

But Nate said playing the hours of tape was necessary to show that convos with #DrewPeterson were real, not staged, & that DP wanted the hit

AAG Nate “I know you wanted to throttle me when I pulled out the box of transcripts and pulled out the big one. I could feel the daggers.”

"..but he also thot he was a young guy and he thot he could charm him," Nate said. "But he underestimated Antonio Smith."

“He thot he had this young gangbanger who was in for a long sentence for att'd murder, and he thot this is a guy who could get the job done,

“...despite all the attacks on the character of Mr. Smith, the defendant (is) the one that chose Mr. Smith as a witness..." AAG Nate said.

AAG Nate sed #DrewPeterson team tried to tear down testimony of Antonio Smith "Because they can't get around his own words on the recording"

#DrewPeterson correction for last tweets. It's Assistant Atty. Gen Steve NATE. Sorry for the error. I blame the hotel coffee.

Day #DrewPeterson sentenced in 2013 was "the day his life changed forever. He was 59 - it was basically a death sentence for him," Mate said

Closing arguments underway in #DrewPeterson trial. Assistant Atty. Gen. Steve Mate kicks it off for the state.

Cassandra Cale's, sister of Stacy Peterson, sitting in court awaiting closing arguments in #DrewPeterson trial.

Cathy ‏@courtchatter 3m3 minutes ago
Cathy Retweeted Jon Seidel
BREAKING - #DrewPeterson GUILTY on both counts in murder-for-hire trial.Cathy added,

Article on finding Peterson Guilty...Note...a survey popped up in order to see this article....I just clicked on the last circle, stating I did not want to do the survey and the article popped up.

http://chicago.suntimes.com/news/closing-arguments-begin-in-drew-peterson-murder-for-hire-trial/

Quote from article

CHESTER, Ill. — Former Bolingbrook cop Drew Peterson, already in prison for killing his third wife, was found guilty Tuesday of trying to hire a hit man to kill the prosecutor who had helped put him away.

As the verdict was read, Peterson sat and listened with his head resting on his left hand.

Drew Peterson was found guilty Tuesday of trying to hire a hit man to kill the prosecutor who put him behind bars for murder. The jury deliberated for about an hour before finding Peterson guilty of solicitation of murder for hire and solicitation of murder.

The charges carry a prison sentence of up to 60 years.

Peterson sat hunched over, his head leaning on his left hand with his elbow on the defense table as the verdict was read by the judge. Peterson showed no visible reaction to the verdict. As Peterson left the courtroom, he glanced at Cassandra Cales — the sister of Peterson's missing wife, Stacy Peterson — and murmured something unintelligible.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/crime...-have-prosecutor-killed/ar-BBtI0qS?li=BBnb7Kz

IDKW I'm surprised, but I am. I guess I just assumed DP wouldn't be stupid enough to discuss a hit with another inmate. Apparently I was wrong.

Now to find Stacy.

IDKW I'm surprised, but I am. I guess I just assumed DP wouldn't be stupid enough to discuss a hit with another inmate. Apparently I was wrong.

Now to find Stacy.

BBM

- That's the same thing I said, Cubby. Stacy Peterson and Nailah Franklin were the cases that brought me to WS. There was justice for Nailah, and I continue to pray that Stacy is found and that she receives justice also. JMO/IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jonnyfastball
Back