Found Deceased IL - Emily Anderson, 25, Loves Park, 19 June 2017

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Take this with a grain of salt, as it is SM that I cannot link to, but Emily, Ginger and I have mutual friends within the entertainment business and many are saying it is Emily's car that was found and I'm seeing condolences to the family.
Fly high Emily, you were very loved.

Take this with a grain of salt, as it is SM that I cannot link to, but Emily, Ginger and I have mutual friends within the entertainment business and many are saying it is Emily's car that was found and I'm seeing condolences to the family.
The media reported that it was confirmed it was her car. Link is two posts before yours.

Authorities are saying it's her car as well:

Winnebago County Coroner Bill Hintz said it will take him at least a couple of days before he can determine the identity of the body found in the vehicle. He did say, however, that the vehicle, a Pontiac, belongs to Emily Anderson, a Loves Park woman who has been missing for nearly three months.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/20171008/missing-loves-park-womans-car-found-in-river-near-roscoe

I think pretty much everyone believes it is her in her car, although they must make sure with dental records. :(

Wouldn't let me edit my last post to add that her band family is completely devastated. Our radio family is reaching out to all of them for whatever they may need.

Been following from afar as somewhat local....what possible motives are there outside of the already discussed body of water\sex trafficking? Also, @vail do you have insight or personal knowledge of the inconsistent stories? I would think police have already covered those tracks based on video surveillance at other locations and interviews.

Good questions, and

:welcome:to Websleuths, ForensicFiles!! We're glad you're here!!

:skip::skip:

Several posts ago when there was still a belief that she went to Roscoe with a friend that night, I pinpointed this turnoff not only because it is right near where someone she knows lives, but has dark and confusing access to the water - one of the only boat launches in the area in fact. It happens to be right near where the car was found. I even submitted it as a tip! I makes me so angry that it takes this long for LE to follow common sense. Had they been totally transparent about what evidence they did have, perhaps people would have been more eager to follow water-related searches vs going down rabbit holes of murder and sex trafficking (her poor friends!) - which should not be totally ruled out btw but hopefully via this link you can see how easy it is to drive right into the river here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1buMhYSie_-th7HDL8eLJyjkpuMg&usp=sharing

I think we all figured she would be found in the water - it doesn't make it any less sad or horrifying. I hope they can get some answers for her loved ones.

My orginal post - the tip was submitted via the Loves Park PD website a couple weeks before along with my theory that she could have been disoriented or this may be a prime spot for disposal of both her and car: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...ves-Park-19-June-2017&p=13549222#post13549222

Accident theory:

On a whim I overlayed Emily's route from stake n shake to home over Slots of Fortune to where her car was found and the result is really interesting:

attachment.php

Slots of Fortune is the top marker, the pink route is from there to her car (pink triangle) and the blue route from A to D and back is the triangle she would take from home/work/mall. One thing this can suggest is the accident theory - if Emily was intoxicated or in the throes of apostictal state due to a seizure, she may have lost some time and thought she was on her way home from Stake n Shake, turned right after the amount of time or blocks or lights she is used to, and drove straight into the river.

The other possibility is this is just coincidental, she was never at slots of fortune that night, but was leaving a friends house in Roscoe, got turned around and went in.

Attachments

• emily-anderson-siezure-theory.jpg
    emily-anderson-siezure-theory.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 239
Nice theory but I believe her car was put there by someone else. How else would it be so far out to where someone didn’t notice it sooner? Just a hunch.

Nice theory but I believe her car was put there by someone else. How else would it be so far out to where someone didn’t notice it sooner? Just a hunch.
Don't forget the car could float and travel for some distance down the river. The point of entry to the river should be upstream of where the car was found. There is access at Riverside Park north of the bridge.

Is it known how far out in the river from the east shore the car was located?

Hopefully we can learn details as to whether the windows were up or down, which doors were locked (if any), what gear the car was in, positions of the seats, seat belts, etc. Whether her purse, her phone, etc. were found with her.

Hopefully we can learn details as to whether the windows were up or down, which doors were locked (if any), what gear the car was in, positions of the seats, seat belts, etc. Whether her purse, her phone, etc. were found with her.

Unfortunately I think it's 1000x more likely that all we'll be told is "no foul play, case closed".

What are the odds that someone from that neighborhood did not notice a car driving down their street then becoming submerged in the water right there? That being said, at that time of night, they were probably sleeping.

Question, the coroner said that the body was badly decomposed, what kind of information will they be able to get from an autopsy??

I sincerely hope this family gets answers, if it is indeed Emily’s body. I hope it is not as simple as no foul play suspected.

All of that being said, the river flows south there. If the markings on the maps posted are correct, the car did not travel far once it was submerged.

Another question, does the acceleration of the car determine how far out the car would have gone once submerged?

Another thing that would be helpful info is if the car was facing east, South, whichever direction.

Another thing....sorry.

Her sister did post to her Facebook page that if it is Emily, they do not believe she was suicidal and went there on purpose and they believe that someone knows something and has answers.

I can’t imagine the pain they are going though and having to wait to be confirmed. Could they not have determined it was her by if she had identification on her and the clothes on the body?

A couple years ago a young man went missing and his body was found in the river under a pier. The coroner released a statement saying the body had this missing man’s ID and was wearing the same clothes as was in the description for the missing man, but that she would confirm definitely once the autopsy was performed. Could they not use those same identifiers for Emily? Is it possible that those things were not found with this body, or they’re not releasing that information? Surely that would help the family more than leaving this in limbo for close to 48 hours.

I hate to sound so morbid, but a skin could fall/slough off after being in the water for over 3 months. The day/evening/morning she disappeared, our (I'm local) was 79 at the high, and 54 as the lowest (wee hours of A.M) - I wouldn't think it would be out of the ordinary to have at least the driver side window down or partially down. In addition, the Rock River was VERY high at times this summer to quite a bit of rainfall that we had. The river has gone down recently, and is the reason why I believe the car was finally located. IMHO I don't believe foul play or self harm, but rather an unfortunate accident that took the life of a young beautiful woman whose family and friends will never be the same without her :(
Another thing....sorry.

Her sister did post to her Facebook page that if it is Emily, they do not believe she was suicidal and went there on purpose and they believe that someone knows something and has answers.

I can’t imagine the pain they are going though and having to wait to be confirmed. Could they not have determined it was her by if she had identification on her and the clothes on the body?

A couple years ago a young man went missing and his body was found in the river under a pier. The coroner released a statement saying the body had this missing man’s ID and was wearing the same clothes as was in the description for the missing man, but that she would confirm definitely once the autopsy was performed. Could they not use those same identifiers for Emily? Is it possible that those things were not found with this body, or they’re not releasing that information? Surely that would help the family more than leaving this in limbo for close to 48 hours.

Don't forget the car could float and travel for some distance down the river. The point of entry to the river should be upstream of where the car was found. There is access at Riverside Park north of the bridge.

Is it known how far out in the river from the east shore the car was located?

I somehow doubt this, the river was no higher than 8 feet since June in the area around Rockford to Roscoe (getting shallower as you get closer to the dam) and the flow data does not seem strong enough to drag a ton of steel. The person who found it was swimming right behind their house and saw the antennae (the water level has dropped to barely 6 feet). This does bring to mind, though, that in such shallow water I am at a loss how Emily couldn't escape if she was conscious.

To answer your question about the body, Linz, you can highlight the next bit which I have colored out of respect for those reading who don't want to think about these details:
Start Here >
If she went in from an access point near where it was found, the car would have entered pointing East. On the Sunset Rd boat ramp in particular, she wouldn't have been driving very fast and once the nose hits the water it is slowed substantially. If she was conscious and not trapped by something like her airbags or seatbelt, she likely would have rolled the windows down (one indicator of possible foul play is closed windows and no airbags or the car being in neutral, for example) The bottom of the river is sludge so as the nose hit the bottom (quickly, in such shallow water), it may have come to a halt and stuck, where it lay for the next 4 months until the water level dropped.

By now she would be mostly skeletonized and if there was no foul play her clothing should still be intact, with any jewelry or shoes etc found in the car or very near it if they floated out and settled.
End

I agree with her sister, I definitely do not suspect suicide. If she drove off one of the entry points herself, it would not be hard to see how it was accidental given most of them are unlit plus her epilepsy plus potential drinking plus fatigue, plus confusion or distraction. Everything I have learned of Emily since she disappears even tells me she was probably not suicidal, was not struggling with any substance abuse or major stressors (if we believe her breakup was not bringing her down), and would probably not choose driving into a river as her way to go.

Some new update today:

http://www.wifr.com/content/news/Po...ound-inside-a-car-in-the-river-450014803.html

Detectives say the Illinois Department of Natural Resources used sonar equipment to find clues in the case as far north as Riverside Park.

This quote is misleading as it makes it sound like they found clues as far north as Riverside Park. This in fact refers to the initial search of the river back in June.
"The Illinois Department of Natural Resources did search the Rock River, using sonar equipment on their boats," said Loves Park Police, Deputy Chief Shane Lynch. The boats went as far north as Riverside Park in Roscoe when searching the river, but never spotting her car.
"The vehicle could've been in the river and they missed at the time," said Dep. Chief Lynch. "Water levels obviously, because of the rain early on in the summer, were higher at the time. I don't know if that played into or if that was a factor in it."
http://www.mystateline.com/news/taking-a-look-into-the-search-for-emily-anderson/831577762

The water level was not so much higher as to make sonar miss a car IMO(12ft crest on June 28 down to average 8ft and now down to 4). Anyone with a pole could have hit it. To view data for the river go here: http://water.weather.gov/ahps2/hydrograph.php?wfo=lot&gage=lati2&prob_type=stage&source=hydrograph

The autopsy is today - hopefully they can get a positive ID and some initial idea of at least whether she went in and decomposed with the car, or if it happened later.

I still don’t understand how if the car was found with the windows up, her ID and clothes and such were not located within the car...or maybe they did and they’re not reporting that?

Another thing is, being somewhat familiar with that area as a local as well, it is not easy to maneuver, especially if you’re disoriented from a seizure plus intoxicated plus tired....that is something I am having a hard time reconciling. It would be a fairly quick turn to the right or left I suppose as you enter, and I don’t believe the roads are very wide either, and it’s a short distance from the turn to the water to say she could have made the turn then passed out and went into the water. (I used to live maybe 1 mile or less from this location about a year ago. I have driven past this probably millions of times.)

I wish I knew how to attach a photo close up of the area in which the car was found. I just don’t think it would be easy to maneuver, unless you are familiar, if you are all of those things listed above. Also, there are many other areas that would have been much easier to accidentally go into the water at. What are the odds that the car would go in at a semi-secluded area, that honestly most people probably are not aware of unless familiar with that area.

Would a phone continue to ping once it is submerged in water?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bfwbnfts
Back