Identified! Il - Forest Pk, Skeletal Remains Up16830, In Tarped Car, Jun17 Janice Petersen-peppers-norsworthy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think having a body in a container would mean homicide. I like how the LE said that they were treating it as a homicide...duh. Right?

By itself it wouldn't have to mean that. We have seen cases where people disposed of overdose victims or other deaths. And I suppose it wouldn't be beyond the real of possibility that a homeless person would crawl into something like that to hide from bad weather, and died of exposure there. It certainly doesn't sound like either of those apply here but the possibility isn't automatically as dumb as it sounds on first blush :D

According to the following article the owner of the car had died. There is also an aerial photo of the car with the tarp covering.

http://chronicleillinois.com/news/c...-bones-found-forest-park-may-homicide-victim/

Interesting. You can see the covered car via google satellite imagery in this article. If I look at google maps right now, I can still see it there, though it is a different image from another time of year. But on google street view, the view down that alley is from October 2014 and the car is definitely not there in that position. So, it may have been sitting there for "years," but no more than three.

Wow, I didn't know Google Street view went through alleys, good to know. I think the owner of the vehicle may have rented the spot for years, but died within the last three years. An outdoor spot in Forest Park wouldn't be ideal for storage due to the harsh winters, but parking is tight in this area and renting a space, or even paying for parking in the municipal lots is common. Not all property in Forest Park come with a parking spot. It could be the owner of the car was still living and was using the car when the Google map photos were taken.

Whether they have established information such as that, and whether they decide to release it to the public, are two different questions, unfortunately. Especially in a homicide investigation. These remains still aren't listed on the Cook County medical examiner's UID list (https://www.cookcountyil.gov/service/unidentified-persons) so they might even have a tentative ID that they haven't released.

Though if the remains really were just bones, it's possible they have to wait for DNA results to tell them male or female. Extracting DNA from old bones can take time and tests may have to be repeated.

[h=1]Death of woman whose bones were found in Forest Park ruled homicide[/h]
Three months after skeletal remains were found in the back seat of an abandoned car in west suburban Forest Park, the unidentified woman’s death has been ruled a homicide.
The Cook County medical examiner’s office determined the bones were human and female, according to police and the medical examiner’s office.

She has not yet been identified, according to the medical examiner’s office. Forest Park Police Chief Tom Aftanas said police are waiting on DNA analysis to identify the victim.

An autopsy did not immediately rule on her cause and manner of death, but has since found that it was a homicide by unspecified means, probably asphyxia, according to the medical examiner’s office.
https://chicago.suntimes.com/news/june-death-of-unidentified-woman-in-forest-park-ruled-homicide/

ok here is a crazy thought.. well the person that was paying for the parking spot stopped paying and disappeared?? Could that be who is in the trash Can and that is the reason they stopped paying?

Interesting point. The owner of the car could be deceased either way- perhaps they are the victim or the payments stopped because they passed away in an unrelated event.

Her sketch has been added to Namus on Nov 30

It is not mentioned if lenght, shape or colour of her hair is based on anything retrieved or if it is just guesstimate. It does say though that sketch approximation is based on available scientific data (probably shape of face).

There were lots of photos added to Namus too (of her cloth, towel, dentures, etc) but I would not advise to zoom on them unless you can stomach it. Quite gruesome.

Unfortunately no descriptions of cloth were added but from what I could unscramble some were made in USA, one in Turkey, other in China and I think one in Mexico. There is black winter scarf there too, so it seems whatever happened to poor woman might have happened in colder months. There is black jacket or shirt with some writing on front of it, only last 2 letters visible on zooming - word ending on UE or OE. There are remnants of what it seems like brown towel on last picture. Very interesting is yellow/orange bag though with (unreadable) Bank - Five Star Service Guaranteed written on it. If we could find when it was manufactured it would give us at least rough idea at what time period we should look at.

Namus also state that all parts of her were recovered.

Warning - graphic pictures in link upon zooming
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16830

Her sketch has been added to Namus on Nov 30

It is not mentioned if lenght, shape or colour of her hair is based on anything retrieved or if it is just guesstimate. It does say though that sketch approximation is based on available scientific data (probably shape of face).

There were lots of photos added to Namus too (of her cloth, towel, dentures, etc) but I would not advise to zoom on them unless you can stomach it. Quite gruesome.

Unfortunately no descriptions of cloth were added but from what I could unscramble some were made in USA, one in Turkey, other in China and I think one in Mexico. There is black winter scarf there too, so it seems whatever happened to poor woman might have happened in colder months. There is black jacket or shirt with some writing on front of it, only last 2 letters visible on zooming - word ending on UE or OE. There are remnants of what it seems like brown towel on last picture. Very interesting is yellow/orange bag though with (unreadable) Bank - Five Star Service Guaranteed written on it. If we could find when it was manufactured it would give us at least rough idea at what time period we should look at.

Namus also state that all parts of her were recovered.

Warning - graphic pictures in link upon zooming
https://www.identifyus.org/en/cases/16830

That is the tag line for USBancorp

Maybe she was a shop/restaurant owner (or she ran a place where there is a lot of cash coming in) and was on her way bringing it to a bank using this bag.

Namus states they couldn't determine age, race and even sex is unsure? Considering the clothes (looking at the panties) it was a woman.

Gusseted transit bags and briefcase style bags, also known as gusseted inter-office mail bags

I guess the bag is something like this one, they come in many colors and can be customized. The exact US bank logo used on the bag found (complete black lettering/logo like in the first part of the logo beneath), I couldn't find yet.

Attachments

• tas.png
    tas.png
    41.8 KB · Views: 24
  • logo.png
    logo.png
    41.3 KB · Views: 24
Clothing per Namus photo's:

- Jeans (Levis label). Can't read what's on the button of the jeans.
- One of the clothing items (Jacket?) has a wash label with s/m size, seems to be writte in Spanish. Can't read the made in... (Cherokee brand)
- Black sweatpants with a label on the inside with something like ******athletic?
- A scarf I think suited for wintertime (Hanes label?) It's not very clear which clothing item is the picture with the Hanes Label. Could also be the sweatpants.......
- A black sweater with a some kind of upright t-neck (American Outpost) made in Mexico (of USA components) size XL
- Another trouser (?), label something like JerZees ***** (maybe Active)wear, made in Mexico (of USA components) written in French, size L
- Considering the label (Aegean Apparel) probably a bathrobe, also consistent with something like embroidery on it (maybe a moon), made in Turkey, one size fits all
- Don't know the clothing item (rain jacket?) (Ashley Scott) made in the USA
- A Towel?
- Another scarf? Something to keep your head warm?

I wonder if all the clothes were on her or with her? The sweatpants looks quite "clean" comparing to the other clothing.

- One of the clothing items (Jacket?) has a wash label with s/m size, seems to be writte in Spanish. Can't read the made in... (Cherokee brand)
- Black sweatpants with a label on the inside with something like ******athletic?
- A scarf I think suited for wintertime (Hanes label?) It's not very clear which clothing item is the picture with the Hanes Label. Could also be the sweatpants.......
- A black sweater with a some kind of upright t-neck (American Outpost) made in Mexico (of USA components) size XL
- Another trouser (?), label something like JerZees ***** (maybe Active)wear, made in Mexico (of USA components) written in French, size L
- Considering the label (Aegean Apparel) probably a bathrobe, also consistent with something like embroidery on it (maybe a moon), made in Turkey, one size fits all
- A Towel?

I wonder if all the clothes were on her or with her? The sweatpants looks quite "clean" comparing to the other clothing.

For the button of the jeans I found this guide to vintage Levi Jeans buttons: http://www.levisguide.com/buttons/button.html

The button in the photo appears to have a "2" in the center of it. It says in the above link: "As a rule, jeans with a single stamped digit (2, 5, 6, W) for example are older than jeans with a 3 digit stamping on the top of the button." The guide doesn't give any further details of when a "2" button was produced but it says that from 1987-present the buttons were made with only dot in the center. This may suggest the jeans are from the 1980's? IDK if I am interpreting the guide correctly.

Here is another Levi's guide on the evolution of the red Levis tab label: http://www.levistrauss.com/unzipped-blog/2017/03/levis-tabs/

"In the 1950s, the brand started making double-sided tabs, where the white “LEVI’S” lettering was visible on both sides. In the early 1970s, instead of all-caps “LEVI’S,” it changed to a title-case “Levi’s” — with a lowercase “e.” The “E” font differentiation became a mark among collectors of a vintage piece."

The red tab on the UID's jeans has a lower case "e" so was made after 1970.

I think the sweatpants are the Hanes label. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hanes I can't find much about their label style evolution except that they started their "go tagless" slogan in 2004 and introduced tee shirts with the label printed on the shirt instead of sewn in. Not sure if that applied to pants as well but our UID's label is sewn in.

Cherokee brand has been around since 1973: http://www.cherokeeusa.com/
They have been sold at Target, sears, walmart, etc.

American Outpost first used as a trademark in 1995 and filed for section 8 bankruptcy in 2008: https://trademarks.justia.com/751/91/american-outpost-75191630.html

Ashley Scott first use was in 1982, it was registered again in 1993 and as it seems like it was not made any more after 2000-- the trademark expired and was not renewed "CONTINUED USE NOT FILED WITHIN GRACE PERIOD, UN-REVIVABLE" : https://www.trademarkia.com/ashley-scott-74279866.html

I think the " *** Athletic" pants are "Russell Athletic" They are still in business but the current label is an R with two different colors and the tag on our UID's clothes is one color, slightly differnet style R-- suggesting it is an older item, perhaps? http://www.russellathletic.com/

The JerZees item is most likely some form of long underwear or more sweatpants, JMO. The company has been around since 1984: http://www.jerzees.com/t-shirts.shtml

Aegean Apparel is sold at walmart. Most of these clothing items are very inexpensive and sold at big box reatailers like Walmart, Target, etc. The age of the clothing may indicate the UID only bought clothes from thrift stores OR that the body is decades old. JMO.

- A Towel?

Thank you for writing this "inventory". I was a bit unvell after analyzing pics for some time yesterday. Some cloth were definitely on her as pics are gruesomely explanatory. She was also wrapped in some as per original articles and some could have been also in yellow bag.

Yellow money courier bag from U.S. Bancorp is interesting as it is not something average person would have at home. I don't think small businesses would use those and also not seeing someone from corp world taking one home for any reason. Businesses who would use those bags have usually money collections, so again, not someone freely walking with that bag on the street. Only reasons of possesions that springs to mind is - weird gift by someone/company, some kind of robbery possibly of money courier or theft of bag with money in it from company. (All in my humble opinion of course).

It was not mentioned if bag was inside of trash can with her or only in the car. I have found that slogan Five Star Service Guarantee was introduced by Bank first time on April 10, 1996, so it is safe to say that Jane Doe is probably deceased from then onwards, unless of course bag was not put in the car years later.

In 2006 Bank had 10 year anniversary of the slogan and lots of advertising material was print and gave away. That is another possibility even though a bit remote, for aquiring the bag.
https://www.businesswire.com/news/h...S.-Bank-Celebrates-Years-Service-Star-Service

PS: I have double checked photo of the bag and due to bodily fluids it was definitely with her inside the trash can. So we are looking for Jane Doe deceased after April 1996. It would still be great to find exact bag to narrow down time period further.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alicat3
Back