IL IL - Gilbert Wierschke, 76, Endangered, Alzheimer's, wandered from home 7:45pm, 10000 block Marblewing, Roscoe, 12 Aug 2024

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Unalienable Rights

Reaction score

ROSCOE, Ill. (WIFR) - Gilbert E. Wierschke wandered from his home around 7:45 a.m. August 12 in the 10000 block of Marblewing Lane, police say.

Gilbert is a 76-year-old white male who was last seen wearing a blue Chicago Cubs t-shirt, blue jeans, black baseball cap, black tennis shoes, and glasses.

Wierschke suffers from Alzheimer’s and may appear confused or disoriented.

1723620141713.png

The Roscoe Police Department expands its search for a missing 76-year-old man.

Investigators say they are now working with the Boone County Sheriff’s Department and the Illinois Search and Rescue Council (ISARC) to do more ground searches in the area.

Those in charge say the ISARC team is made up of trained searchers and at this time volunteers from the public aren’t needed.

According to the Roscoe Police Department, the search expands as the Boone County Sheriff’s Department and the Illinois Search and Rescue Council try to find Gilbert Wierschke, a 76-year-old man.

“Gilbert suffers from Alzheimer’s and may appear confused or disoriented,” says Roscoe Police.

The Alzheimer’s Association reports nearly seven million Americans live with the disease; in the next few decades, that number is expected to rise as the older population grows.

Medical experts around Rockford offer sympathy for the situation, but aren’t surprised by the news.

The wife of a missing Roscoe man asked the community for support in finding her husband after his disappearance Monday evening.

Gilbert Wierschke, 76, suffers from Alzheimer’s. Cindy remembers checking on him regularly the day he disappeared, but he still vanished.

“I got involved in my project in [the] house and checked on him once, and so I was helping in the garage when I saw it was getting a little dark and I went out, checked, and I didn’t see him in the garage, checked the house, and so I took off in the car,” said Cindy.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia
Back