IL IL - Helen Green, 12, Chicago, 1971

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hello, I was making a few posts about some matches I sent in recently and Helen was one of them.
I actually sent it in the day before roselvr just posted, only july 27. I hope we get some news soon, I was "working" on this case for a few days straight.
https://identifyus.org/en/cases/5703

View attachment 121255

I'm pretty sure my partner double checked on this doe years ago.

If both the missing person and unidentified remains have DNA available in CODIS, they would be automatically compared, however, the missing person will not be put on the rule out list unless it's a manual comparison. I've confirmed this with a NamUs rep. This should save time in future searches. It's the second place I check now (after looking at the rule out list).

I'm thinking with the recent developments hinted at in this case that the DNA comparison is not with a current or known Jane Doe with a completed DNA profile in NamUs, but maybe someone more recent, or it falls along the lines of an Anita Drake scenario. Sending positive thoughts to Helen and her family. Thank you, Rose and SSA for keeping us up to date.

Recent developments have nothing to do with anyone currently listed on any site. SSA and myself have been working really hard for the last few weeks to hopefully give answers to Helen's family. We're praying the DNA goes really quick. As soon as we're able to update we will.

Recent developments have nothing to do with anyone currently listed on any site. SSA and myself have been working really hard for the last few weeks to hopefully give answers to Helen's family. We're praying the DNA goes really quick. As soon as we're able to update we will.

Thanks again, Rose

I ended up on the Helen Marie Green is missing facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/HelenGreenismissing
To my surprise one of the recent posts said this: "7/28/2017 - UPDATE: It has been awhile since we have given an update on this case. We believe that Helen Marie Green has been located. we are waiting on DNA to confirm this. Out of respect for, and at the request of Helen's family we will not be releasing any further details at this time. We are sending up prayers that Helen's family will finally have the answers they have waited so very long for <3"

I hope not to come across as a party-pooper. I just need to figure out the FB post from July 28, 2017. Someone believed that Helen had been found. They were awaiting DNA results. The family requested no further details be released. Was she found living? Or was this young angel found deceased?

I hope not to come across as a party-pooper. I just need to figure out the FB post from July 28, 2017. Someone believed that Helen had been found. They were awaiting DNA results. The family requested no further details be released. Was she found living? Or was this young angel found deceased?

Helen's FB page is run by myself and Still Seek Answers. You can ask anyone here if we're credible, they'll tell you yes. Unfortunately, over one year later we do not have an update. I wish I could share if she's alive or deceased but I can not. We all have NCMEC to thank here for the hold up with the DNA.

I'll shoot SSA a FB PM to see what's going on with Helen's case and to see what our next steps are. This is beyond ridiculous. Especially for her family to be left in limbo..

It's quite possible they're still waiting, given the glacial pace at which these cases sometimes move.

I think the tone of the post is that she's probably deceased. But who knows.

Thanks Carbuff. You know all too well how some of these cases go. I'm gonna stop there before I rant about NCMEC....

Helen's FB page is run by myself and Still Seek Answers. You can ask anyone here if we're credible, they'll tell you yes. Unfortunately, over one year later we do not have an update. I wish I could share if she's alive or deceased but I can not. We all have NCMEC to thank here for the hold up with the DNA.

I'll shoot SSA a FB PM to see what's going on with Helen's case and to see what our next steps are. This is beyond ridiculous. Especially for her family to be left in limbo..

My sincerest apologies for any misconception about your credibility being questioned. I meant nothing of the sort. I was only trying to rationalize my perception of this 47 year old case.

I wish there was more emphasis put on all of these cases with NCMEC. Or by NCMEC. I mean, can we find out what their funding is? And try to raise it? Is this something that a crowd funding might help? Do they accept donations? Please forgive me for my rambling. I just look at all of our missing, adults and children, and hope we can get love back into our world. IMHO Share Love, Not War!

My sincerest apologies for any misconception about your credibility being questioned. I meant nothing of the sort. I was only trying to rationalize my perception of this 47 year old case.

I wish there was more emphasis put on all of these cases with NCMEC. Or by NCMEC. I mean, can we find out what their funding is? And try to raise it? Is this something that a crowd funding might help? Do they accept donations? Please forgive me for my rambling. I just look at all of our missing, adults and children, and hope we can get love back into our world. IMHO Share Love, Not War!

No big deal. I don't know how many posts you have showing per page/ thread. Mine are set at 20 per page. I'm seeing a few posts by me on this page. The one below is at the top and the one under it is a few posts up from ours, plus I gave another update on her birthday.

Happy birthday Helen.
No update yet. Been a long almost 7 months trying to get her family answers. We'll post as soon as we know more

Just recently getting a little more time to check in here. Roselvr, can you please expand on why the hold up is with NCMEC? Is there another agency that can compare the DNA quicker?

I'm a bit out of the loop these days not having had as much time to keep up with what agencies are doing what these days. Why can't NamUs or Colleen Fitzpatrick and her newer venture do the analysis? Why isn't LE doing the analysis?

Is NCMEC getting screwed on funding these days?

Just recently getting a little more time to check in here. Roselvr, can you please expand on why the hold up is with NCMEC? Is there another agency that can compare the DNA quicker?

I'm a bit out of the loop these days not having had as much time to keep up with what agencies are doing what these days. Why can't NamUs or Colleen Fitzpatrick and her newer venture do the analysis? Why isn't LE doing the analysis?

Is NCMEC getting screwed on funding these days?

It's NCMEC because Helen was a minor when she went missing. It comes down to who is paying it. NamUs and NCMEC are going back and forth about who's responsible for paying it. LE are involved too. Still Seek Answers has been busting her butt over it, she's even had to file a complaint. I can't elaborate more then that.

DNA Doe Project wouldn't do this because Helen is a minor when reported. We have another card we can play if needed but don't want to if we don't have to. Hopefully it will be done soon. All of our nerves are shot.

Is NamUs still getting federal funding?

Yes according to their about page

NamUs is a national information clearinghouse and resource center for missing, unidentified, and unclaimed person cases across the United States. Funded and administered by the National Institute of Justice and managed through a cooperative agreement with the UNT Health Science Center in Fort Worth, Texas, all NamUs resources are provided at no cost to law enforcement, medical examiners, coroners, allied forensic professionals, and family members of missing persons.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Txwoman
Back