GUILTY IL - Jahmeshia Conner, 12, Englewood, 29 Nov 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
http://cbs2chicago.com/local/jahmeshia.conner.reward.2.1351674.html
An additional reward of $10,000.00 offered, by Congressman Bobby Rush.
He asks questions of the police: why NCMEC had Jahmeshhia listed as a runaway.
He also asks why there was no amber alert.
Funeral will be Dec. 12, at 11 a.m. at the New Covenant Baptist Church, 754 E. 77th St.
Police news affairs Dir. Roderick Drew said maybe they didn't receive the information about Jahmeshia because of a computer glitch or an oversight. He says they had email issues in Nov.

..more at link..

http://www.suntimes.com/news/metro/1921021,CST-NWS-girl04.article

snip--Weis said he will be looking at the the Police Department's missing-persons policy -- long criticized by advocates -- that sets priority for children under 10, the elderly and those deemed endangered, such as disabled people.

Advocates assail the so-called "tender age" cutoff of 9 years, asking why 10-, 11- and 12-year-olds are lumped with teens considered able to fend for themselves.

Weis said he, too, questioned the cutoff.

"When I was in the FBI, 'tender age' was viewed as 8 years old. I always thought that was kind of young. ... I mean, how is a 9-year-old more street-savvy than an 8-year-old?" he said. "Do we need to adjust years of how we view it as 'tender age'? We'll look at all protocols in place."

Maybe some good will come out of this after all.

this is just insane!!!!!

so now.... WHO DID THIS TO HER? There is SOMETHING TO SLEUTH HERE PEEPS!

ETA: I surely hope we don't plan to leave her now... she needs us! Who did this to her/??????????

this is just insane!!!!!

so now.... WHO DID THIS TO HER? There is SOMETHING TO SLEUTH HERE PEEPS!

ETA: I surely hope we don't plan to leave her now... she needs us! Who did this to her/??????????

My uneducated guess would be that based on her possibly being dropped off at the bus stop near her home and being found within a few blocks of her home that whomever was responsible is familiar with and likely lives in the neighborhood. I think the local LE has some tips and an idea, but is not sharing.

I'll have to look for the article that said Jahmeshia was seen during the two weeks she was missing.

I just posted 2 more missing person reports from Chicago in the other section. They are both old and should have been released a long time ago. Something tells me a fire has been lit under them.

In this case I can't say if the cops did/didn't do their jobs properly. The other night her father was on JVM and his "spokesman" (a local pastor) didn't let him talk much, but he didn't seem upset with the cops at all. It was very confusing. When he could get a word in he seemed grateful for the help. He thanked everyone for what they did for his daughter, including the police. Every time JVM would ask a question the pastor would cut him off. He indicated there are two sides of the family and each side has a different opinion.

bumping up.. who kept this child in captivity and than murdered her???????????!!!!!!!!!!

I keep thinking it was someone on the bus.
Her family watched her get on the bus.
She does not arrive home.

The bus driver does not remember her. This is something I find odd.
And the bus security tapes are recorded over.

I am wondering if there were security cameras at bus stops along the way.
Did she get off at her stop and then was abducted?

If LE had acted more quickly, she may well have been found alive.

That's possible, but she was found within a block of her home. So I think she at least got off at her regular stop. Maybe the perp followed her off the bus. However there were tips called in about sightings of Jameshia during the 2 weeks she was missing. I still think that this perp is known to her family and/or lives in her neighborhood. Why keep her alive for two weeks and then leave the body so close to home.
It's possible that the perp meant for her to be found. She was dressed except for her socks and shoes. COD was strangulation. The proximity to her home could be a coincidence and then maybe it's not. Was there a ransom demand that wasn't met? Was this a message to someone in the family?

The bus driver does not remember her. This is something I find odd.
And the bus security tapes are recorded over.

I am wondering if there were security cameras at bus stops along the way.
Did she get off at her stop and then was abducted?

If LE had acted more quickly, she may well have been found alive.

FYI...

There are a lot of cameras around Chicago, especially for the cops to observe bad behavior. There is one a few blocks from me. They are called blue light for the flashing blue strobe light which makes them stand out as a camera. (I guess so you can't say you didn't know you were on film.)

A recent article:

http://www.areachicago.org/p/issues/issue-4/surveilling-crime-control/

An article about when they first were installed:

http://www.usatoday.com/tech/news/techpolicy/2004-04-30-chicago-police-cams_x.htm

i saw this case last night on Nancy Grace and was dumbfounded that i hadn't even heard about this poor baby before then!! going to read thread now to see what info. you sweets have come up with!! thank you sooo much for starting a thread for her....

Why should it matter if a child did ran away or not!? This infuriates me! It's obvious she was not a runaway, but even if she had packed a suitcase and left a note, she would still be in terrible danger on the streets alone. She was a child!!

And the phrase "probable runaway" makes me even angrier. Probable does not mean definite! Regardless of their policy, there was at least a shred of doubt by LE in her case or "probable" would have changed to "certain." That shred of doubt should have been enough for LE to sound full alarm!

I think the bus driver angle is worth exploring-that is where my hinky meter is headed, lol.

her being so close to her home makes me thinks its got to be someone she knows. it is really hard to even try to begin to sleuth this case because there is literally no information to be had...it's just crazy!

<snip>

December 12, 2009 7:28 PM

Family and friends of Jahmeshia Conner, a 12-year-old South Side girl who went missing for two weeks and was found slain in an alley, mourned her death Saturday at a tearful funeral where they asked the community to help find the killer.

"She was such a young, tender child. We are devastated," said Sabrina Harris, who befriended the Conner family after the girl's death.

On Saturday, Mayor Richard Daley and Police Supt. Jody Weis reported for the first time that the girl also had been raped.

Daley, speaking at an unrelated event with Weis, said police need more help from the public in catching those responsible for youth murders.

"It drives home that silence is unacceptable," Daley said. "We're asking the community, the police are, abut there's no response in the community on that child."

Chicago Congressman Bobby Rush has offered a $10,000 reward for the lead to the arrest of the person responsible. At the service, Rush, delivered Jahmeshia's eulogy.

"We don't have the power to change her death," Rush said. "But this city will not treat missing children the same again. Her death is not in vain."

Around 1,000 people attended the funeral at New Covenant Missionary Baptist Church on the South Side. Ushers passed around fliers asking for anyone with tips to call police.

more here

http://www.chicagobreakingnews.com/2009/12/mourners-remember-slain-girl-who-had-gone-missing.html

thinking of Jahmeshia today and hoping that Chicago is doing all that they can to find her killer...RIP sweetie!!

Hoping a tip will come in and there will be justice soon for Jahmeshia. She has a Facebook memorial page. :praying:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unnamedTV
Back