Found Deceased IL - Jake Cefolia, 49, jogging, car found, SVP of United Airlines, Chicago, 6 Aug 2020

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Waterfall Glen is a busy forest preserve. Just looking through pictures one can see it's fairly crowded. Idk how he could stumble off a regularly used trail and not be found by one of the k-9's or any other dog as the preserve is pet friendly.

I've thought about his just walking away from it all, but why do that one day after his house was under contract? (Which it no longer is fwiw. I'm sure the contract was withdrawn because it couldn't move forward with a missing owner. ).

We don't know if any bodies of water have been searched. I'm just going to keep praying he is found soon. There's always the possibility he had a medical event due to the stress of this year's events. I don't think any industry has been hit harder than the airlines.

@Cubby There’s no news on him at all. Nothing about why he left the evening of Aug. 6...argument, mental well-being, or otherwise. There are gates at the Lemont Rd. entrance to the preserve, which I assume they lock at night (the preserve closes one hour after sunset). Do we know if he was parked in the lot or just along the road?

There’s a fb group dedicated to finding Jake. It seems LE hasn’t searched the preserve in over a week, so perhaps they got a new lead? This whole thing is so strange.

IDK where he was parked or who conducted previous searches. It's public property so anyone could have requested volunteers. Who knows, DPC plays everything extremely close to the vest. I'm not ruling anything, or anyone out. I just hope he is ok, and his child/ren get to see him again. It's the kids I worry about most, especially with so much uncertainty these days. They have enough to worry about without the added worry about a missing dad.

Why would a police department not release a photo of Jake?

The city also has not posted any item to Facebook or issued a news release about Cefolia's disappearance. On Thursday, Schref said Cefolia remained missing, but the police had no further information to release to the public. Photos of Cefolia have been posted by media.

Elmhurst Police Yet To Release Photo Of Missing Man

I am new to WS and I’m absolutely blown away how little press/attention adult missing person cases get. At least ones that have any semblance of they could have just chosen to disappear. Like Marilane which we all knew wasn't the case. She was endangered and although I don’t know with the timing if it could have effected her outcome. However with others I feel as if we lose such valuable time at the beginning stages of the individual going missing. It’s a true shame and I wish I could personally help the way in which these missing people are reported on and the public being informed.

In Marilanes case, the press came out in droves to report her deceased but little to no information was shared prior to. I wonder if she could have been found sooner and at least given the family 2+ weeks of the pure panic I know they were feeling.

Article above stated they found glasses, presumably his, at the halfway point of the run. I sure hope he did in fact walk away but goodness If he did, he sure did walk away from a lot. It just doesn’t make sense to me. More efforts need to be put in place. Doesn’t sound like there has even been a search and that’s tragic.

Article above stated they found glasses, presumably his, at the halfway point of the run. I sure hope he did in fact walk away but goodness If he did, he sure did walk away from a lot. It just doesn’t make sense to me. More efforts need to be put in place. Doesn’t sound like there has even been a search and that’s tragic.

Welcome to WS, Help-find! Anyone could have left the glasses, either accidentally or someone who wants attention will sometimes insert themself into a case by leaving glasses...

United Airlines Reorganizes, Trims Corporate And Agency Sales Team

One of the strangest parts of this case is the lack of a statement from family. I can't think of any case where a family (who had no involvement in a person's) disappearance made no request to the public to please look for their family member. Usually family is pleading for any kind of press or attention on their missing loved one, and here we are two weeks out and nothing. So little information, anything is possible.

New to this site. According to FB group he left his phone and smart watch at home. He was seen last filling up his gas tank with hiking boots on and khakis so he wasn’t running at the park. But why would he leave his smart watch home if he was hiking? He took a 50% pay cut in February..all the officers at united did. He was divorced so he was maintain two households. Then having to lay off a lot of your sales reps...I can’t imagine the stress he was under. They need to search in the river. I don’t know if they have had any divers out there. Just very strange how hush hush it is all been.

New to this site. According to FB group he left his phone and smart watch at home. He was seen last filling up his gas tank with hiking boots on and khakis so he wasn’t running at the park. But why would he leave his smart watch home if he was hiking? He took a 50% pay cut in February..all the officers at united did. He was divorced so he was maintain two households. Then having to lay off a lot of your sales reps...I can’t imagine the stress he was under. They need to search in the river. I don’t know if they have had any divers out there. Just very strange how hush hush it is all been.

I assume that you are suggesting maybe a suicide? But why would you get gas if you were planning to commit suicide? This is all such a mystery.

I assume that you are suggesting maybe a suicide? But why would you get gas if you were planning to commit suicide? This is all such a mystery.
Lot of people are under a similar stress at this time. I have a feeling this may have been an unfortunate accident. Regardless, it seems very unlikely he will be found alive.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109
Back