Found Deceased IL - Jake Cefolia, 49, jogging, car found, SVP of United Airlines, Chicago, 6 Aug 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Child *advertiser censored* Inquiry: Airline Exec From Elmhurst Suspected

Ugh. This was not what I was hoping would be the outcome…I figured he had done something more “white collar” to be investigated for.

I’m not sure how I feel about this story.

I did see one comment that led me to believe this could be a possibility. I’m not discounting it as true but let’s note- there were no charges? And the patch is going with the story from a redacted report that doesn’t name Cefolia?

The story shared said this-

The police report blacked out the name of the suspect. But the records were in response to Patch's request for the investigation into Cefolia before he disappeared.

I did see one comment that led me to believe this could be a possibility. I’m not discounting it as true but let’s note- there were no charges? And the patch is going with the story from a redacted report that doesn’t name Cefolia?

The police report blacked out the name of the suspect. But the records were in response to Patch's request for the investigation into Cefolia before he disappeared.
Seems to me the real question here is whether or not LE returned JC's cellphones/electronics on August 6?

After Cefolia gave passwords to his electronics, he asked whether he should get a lawyer, to which an officer said that was his decision, police said. An officer said he would return Cefolia's cellphones the next day, unless child *advertiser censored* was found, the report said.

Seems to me the real question here is whether or not LE returned JC's cellphones/electronics on August 6?

After Cefolia gave passwords to his electronics, he asked whether he should get a lawyer, to which an officer said that was his decision, police said. An officer said he would return Cefolia's cellphones the next day, unless child *advertiser censored* was found, the report said.
Would explain why family couldn’t reach him and why his colleague left a note on his door.

Would explain why family couldn’t reach him and why his colleague left a note on his door.

Although it was reported earlier that he didn't return from his former girlfriend's party in SF until 8/6, I'm going to assume the Patch article that states police showed up at JC's house on 8/5 after noon as correct (taking his phone/electronics).

It was also reported that a search of JC's home after he was reported missing produced "a phone" and an "apple watch" that he left behind. I'm going to assume the phone found left behind was not the phone taken by LE. It's just my opinion, given the outcome, but not verified anywhere. MOO

United Exec Jake Cefolia, Recently Found Dead in Woods, Was Under Criminal Investigation When He Vanished

Child *advertiser censored* Inquiry: Airline Exec From Elmhurst Suspected

Feeling so bad for JC's children :( Not only did they go through a year of not knowing, then losing their father for sure, then this news coming out that their dad might have been a pervert?? Family's probably getting whiplash right now.

I hear you, although I do think that being involved in child *advertiser censored* is much more than just being a "pervert".

But it's a sad case all around. And like you say, the poor children.....
hehe yup I agree, I was thinking about what word I should use, wanted to say something stronger but im toeing the line between not being 'victim friendly' because I guess, legally, JC is 'innocent until proven guilty'. but i mean, come on, if it was truly on his electronic devices, that's pretty damning (his actions are very telling as well)

I don't understand this. Is this a warrant for searching his electronics? In that case, why would they redact his name? If not, what is the investigation about?

So far, no other MSM sources have reported on this. Patch doesn't seem to have much presence in my community so I really didn't know much about them. They seem to have "hyperlocal" news, a mix of solo journalists and crowd-sourced content.

But the redacted name question is a good one. I think I'll reserve judgement until other MSM investigate this.
The alternative to your dying local paper is written by one person, a robot, and you

Going back a few months, it was unconfirmed if JC himself was the subject. The redacted name does nothing to answer that question:

Jake Cefolia disappearance: United Airlines executive from Elmhurst missing for a year
FOX 32 Chicago has also learned Elmhurst Police executed a search warrant at Cefolia's house on August 6 – the day before he disappeared.

According to the report, evidence was collected and packaged.

Several published reports indicate Cefolia had been the subject of a criminal investigation by Elmhurst Police. Those reports have not been confirmed.

A bit more info than the Patch report:

The items taken from Cefolia's house included a computer laptop, flash drives, an Apple iPad, a PC computer and two iPhones, according to the police inventory noted in the report. The items were taken to the Elmhurst Police Department for evidence submission and the Apple devices were submitted to the DuPage County Digital Forensic Laboratory in Wheaton.

Police reports also indicate that the child *advertiser censored* investigation began in July of 2020 when police captured Cefolia’s IP address on a file sharing network offering child *advertiser censored* files for download. When questioned by officers the day of the search warrant, the report notes he "denied downloading any child *advertiser censored*."

[..]

Police reports say a "mostly empty bottle of rum and a backpack were nearby." Inside the backpack was a notebook with a note addressed to his two teenagers saying "he was sorry and embarrassed to take the easy way out."

12/6/21 - Jake Cefolia Case: Police Reports Reveal New Clues Into United Airlines Exec's Disappearance

He denied it and wasn't even charged yet. We don't know what was actually searched for intentionally nor by whom on the IP address.
The fact that there is supply and demand out there for child abuse material is horrific, though.
I hope they can prosecute all involved in the crimes mentioned and that the victims have been located and brought to safety.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahburhouse
Back