IL IL - Jermal Hawkins, 19, Chicago, 15 October 2013

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Sending love and hope to Jermal's family and friends. Come home soon, Jermal...

Another printing thought....If the students have to pay to print, would they be using some type of swipe card? I would like to know if there would be a way to show that he actually was in the library at a specific time.

Hi everyone,

Any updates on Jermal? I tried checking our local news sites and couldn't find any updates about him since 10/17.

Just wondering if geegeesmom has heard anything yet.

jmo

Hi everyone. I'm going to call Keyia this afternoon. I spoke to the library and they said they don't keep track of when the ID is swiped. I feel that they're mistaken. How else would the system know to charge for printing? There are 3 or 4 barbershops on either side of Stony Island. I haven't seen Keyia in 6 or 7 years. We reconnected on FB earlier this year. I asked her about surveillance video and she said CPD hasn't said anything about it. I don't want to overwhelm her but being here I've learned how important it is to ask these questions.

Chicago pd is saying that Jermal is grown and it's a privacy issue. HELP!

*bump*

Hope someone here tonight has some ideas for you. I want him found safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Does Jermal have ANY medical issues that his mom can tell police about to try to get extra attention or an enhanced alert? Otherwise it can be very difficult to get much attention for a make over eighteen, sad to say.

Does Jermal have ANY medical issues that his mom can tell police about to try to get extra attention or an enhanced alert? Otherwise it can be very difficult to get much attention for a make over eighteen, sad to say.

He doesn't. It will be a week tomorrow and it's getting colder here. Keyia's mom works for the CPD and she has a couple of colleagues helping her during their downtime. There's so much going on in Chicago crime wise, that missing persons are often placed at the bottom unless they're young, sick or elderly. I'm going to print 500 flyers and drop them off to her today.

Missing-Checklist---If-you-have-a-loved-one-missing
Missing Checklist - If you have a loved one missing - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

I was reading over this list and thought of your search. There are a couple of places it suggests reporting a missing adult.

Flyer ideas
-can anyone get on/near campus to distribute? Does he have any close friends you know of at school that could help?
-I saw on one recent case that they got the local pizza place to put a flyer on each box going out the door. Anything in the neighborhood he was last known to be in that could maybe serve this same function?

Just trying to kick up ideas. It's possible you've done this and more.

Oh I also thought what if you emailed the administration at school or any professors you may know he had this semester or previous semesters. Give them a PDF version on the flyer and ask them to put in offices/classrooms/ whatever. Surely they'd be concerned on their own student missing. Maybe they'll have some insight into any recent behavior.

Side note- I was wondering if maybe he felt overwhelmed with class lately or a couple of grades maybe slipping and he just needed some time away. Maybe a professor would be willing to lend insight.

Flyers at the barber shop? And anywhere he went on a regular basis? And also to bus drivers on routes he used regularly? Any footage from buses?

Has anyone retraced his route during the same bus around the same time of day? Could be a good opportunity to ask anyone if they saw him. Could find a daily rider that says yes and give more details. Also you may see some places along the way he could've walked to after the library. (Video rental place? Comic book store? 7/11? Coffee?) I would definitely try to give flyers all along the path.

Maybe he missed the bus back so decided to walk or just walk around til the next bus.

He doesn't. It will be a week tomorrow and it's getting colder here. Keyia's mom works for the CPD and she has a couple of colleagues helping her during their downtime. There's so much going on in Chicago crime wise, that missing persons are often placed at the bottom unless they're young, sick or elderly. I'm going to print 500 flyers and drop them off to her today.

what about girlfriends online activities and stuff any thing there?? are they sure that last text came from the library??

Chicago pd is saying that Jermal is grown and it's a privacy issue. HELP!
That irks me to no end. I understand in some cases that would be true, but a young man who texts his whereabouts to his grandmother obviously doesn't have "privacy" concerns. WTH! Get out there, CPD, and find this young man. Please!

I have the week off and I'm somewhat local, would be willing to assist in a search or post some flyers. Please let me know how I can help.

*bump*

I would love an update. Hoping for the best.

This has me curious as well. He's 6'2" 245 lbs and good looking, he'd be noticed in a crowd. And a college educated guy who checks in with his grammy doesn't seem the type to just suddenly and suspiciously disappear. Unless someone wanted him disappeared. I don't like this. Any updates?

Interesting article questioning the police decision not to search for Jermal.
http://killingkillers.blogspot.com/2013/10/chicago-police-wont-search-for-missing.html

I immediately thought of Austin's case too. (RIP)

I don't want to say its a racial thing, but that could maybe be a component. So many young black men getting in trouble that they can't make an exception and open their eyes when a young black man with a head on his shoulders disappears. CPD get your heads out of your butts. I am disappointed and scared for him. :-(

I want to know which stop he got off. Did he see someone he knew and hop off? A girlfriend? Did someone with a weapon force him off because they wanted his phone and wallet? I don't know.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme
Back