GUILTY IL - Jimella Tunstall, 23, pregnant, & 3 kids murdered, East St Louis, 15 Sept 2006

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
izzyB said:
i am having a hard time with this one. the pic of these children that is being shown on websites and the news, the the eldest with the biggest smile on her face, she looks radiant....well i am just heartbroken and at a loss for words for these dear children. may they rest in peace.
I could be wrong, but I believe the oldest is a boy. The name is DeMond, and if you look closely it is a boy style shirt. She just has them all dressed in pink, two boys, one girl. He also has big hair. Like I said, though, I could be wrong...

Reading about this case brought tears to my eyes. Those poor children, that poor mother, the families of all involved, it's just beyond comprehension.

Hall is insane, and inflicted her insanity on those little children and their mother.

It's more than enough to weep for.

I'll never understand why this all happened. The pregnant mother was only 7 months along. Did that killer really think that she could just cut the baby out with a pair of scissors and it would live? Why murder the other children? That woman can't be all there. No one in their right mind would even think of doing something like this....and to her best friend and 3 little kids that she has probably known all of their lives and who probably trusted her. She drown those little kids.

Someone will try to get her to plead insanity. In all honesty she has to be insane or just so full of evil that it just took over. Glad I don't have friends like that!

This article I read mentioned that the boyfriend was home on leave from the military.

I am wondering if she told him she was pregnant to "keep" him interested in her? I am probably way off, but I still haven't read what the motive is.

The children each died one minute apart from each other, according to the coroner. Gosh, what they must have been going through in their last moments.
:(

Article: http://www.heraldextra.com/content/view/194234/

LovelyPigeon said:
Reading about this case brought tears to my eyes. Those poor children, that poor mother, the families of all involved, it's just beyond comprehension.

Hall is insane, and inflicted her insanity on those little children and their mother.

It's more than enough to weep for.
Not arguing or anything, but she's not legally insane. Legally insane people don't try to cover their tracks, they don't hide bodies. I believe a good prosecutor could cut to ribbons an insanity plea. Messed up psychologically? Yes, she is. Criminally insane? No way.

A prosecutor said Thursday he will seek the death penalty in the case of a woman accused in the "cold, calculated" killing of her pregnant friend and the fetus she allegedly cut from the victim's womb.

Tiffany Hall, 24, remains uncharged in the drownings of the pregnant woman's three children, whose decomposing bodies were found in the washing machine and dryer of the family's East St. Louis apartment two days after their mother's body turned up on a weedy lot.

Investigators have said Hall -- a former baby sitter to Tunstall's children, ages 7, 2 and 1 -- admitted drowning the children and hiding the bodies in their apartment where she eventually told searchers they could be found.

http://cbs13.com/topstories/topstories_story_032144438.html

Yea! Good for them. She deserves it. But a needle in the arm is too quick, maybe we could have a faulty electric chair and they have to have a go at it 2 or three times. :razz:

It's hard for me to imagine that someone who had been like a sister to another person and was also close to that person's 3 children could murder them all in cold blood without being legally insane. What was her motive for doing this horrible act? She had children of her own so it wasn't like she wanted the baby because she couldn't have kids. The mother probably would have let her babysit the baby too. Why would she decide to cut that baby out of the mother's stomach after killing the mother...her close friend? Why did she then go on to murder the children? Children that probably thought of her as an aunt.

I wonder if the two women had a falling out right before the mother-to-be was murdered? That is all that comes to my mind. I can't imagine this woman just deciding to murder her close friend and then to decide to cut the baby out and go on to murder the children. Something must have happened between the two woman that no one will ever know about unless the killer talks about it. I can't imagine doing that to a family that I had loved all of their lives and was closer to then a sister and aunt.

There is never a excuse for murder but I would like to know what brought this on. I can't help but feel that there is something terribly wrong with this killer.

Why hasn't she been charged for the kids yet? Bobbi, I believe it was reported that she had told her BF and others she was pregnant. He was home on military leave, her first story was that she miscarried and the baby was in the park. I believe her confession was to her BF after sending the baby to the funeral home and he told police.

Death penalty sought again for Tiffany Hall

Just moments before walking into a St. Clair County courtroom, she was told by her attorneys the state would seek the death penalty in the killings of the children. She is accused of drugging them with cough syrup, drowning them and stuffing them into a clothes washer and dryer.

Robert Haida, the St. Clair County state's attorney, was already seeking the death penalty for the killing of the children's mother, Jimella Tunstall, and her unborn fetus. The two cases, for the moment, are being tried separately — although they could be consolidated before trial, which is expected next year.

EXECUTIONS ON HOLD

In Illinois, executions continue to be on hold. Former Gov. George Ryan issued a freeze on the death penalty in 2000, and current Gov. Rod Blagojevich has continued it.

Prosecutors still can seek the penalty, and if the freeze is lifted, anyone sentenced to the death penalty could be put to death.

Haida said the last person sentenced to death in St. Clair County was Lorenzo Fayne, who was convicted of killing six children in and around East St. Louis from 1989 to 1993. His sentence was later commuted by Ryan to a life sentence, which he is serving at the Menard Correctional Center in Chester, Ill.

http://www.bnd.com/news/crime/story/209194.html
Tiffany Hall tells judge she's doing OK in jail

BELLEVILLE --
A woman accused of slaying her pregnant friend, killing the unborn child and drowning the victim's other three children told a judge Thursday she has no complaints so far about jail.

During a brief appearance in St. Clair County Circuit Court, Tiffany Hall, 25, told Circuit Judge Milton Wharton she is satisfied with her attorneys and has no problems with anyone.
Hall may face the death penalty in the Sept. 15, 2006, slayings of Jimella Tunstall, Tunstall's 7-month-old fetus and her other children, ages 7, 2 and 1.
She remains jailed on $5 million bail. She is scheduled for another court appearance April 24. (more at link)

A woman accused of slaying her pregnant friend, killing the unborn child and drowning the victim's other three children told a judge Thursday she has no complaints so far about jail.

During a brief appearance in St. Clair County Circuit Court, Tiffany Hall, 25, told Circuit Judge Milton Wharton she is satisfied with her attorneys and has no problems with anyone.

Oh well goodie, aren't we pleased for her... :mad:

I hope you were able to post that without puking, Taxi.... Thanks for finding it.

Those were my sentiments exactly, JanetElaine. I'm SO glad she has nothing to complain about in jail. :mad:

They should plaster the morgue or autopsy photos of her victims all over her walls and ceiling.

Those were my sentiments exactly, JanetElaine. I'm SO glad she has nothing to complain about in jail. :mad:

They should plaster the morgue or autopsy photos of her victims all over her walls and ceiling.

Of course she doesn't have any complaints, she has food, TV, rec time, internet, library, pen pals, free medical care:waitasec:

Of course she doesn't have any complaints, she has food, TV, rec time, internet, library, pen pals, free medical care:waitasec:

It's no wonder that crimes like these continue to happen, for cripes sake these ppl make prison sound so darn attractive! I know ppl with low incomes that don't have these things!!

It's no wonder that crimes like these continue to happen, for cripes sake these ppl make prison sound so darn attractive! I know ppl with low incomes that don't have these things!!

She no longer has any responsibilities, which I suspect is what made her "snap" to begin with. Clearly she was wound up and just couldn't face one more responsibility in her life, or perhaps her good friend was clued in to some strange behaviors...This woman went all in-it wasn't enough to murder mom, she clearly enjoyed it and simply slaughtered everyone. Sickening, sickening...I remember when the story first came out and they were looking for the other children. Why would anyone thing to check the washing machine?

Once she gets to prison, she won't be "ok" there as she is in the County jail. Most likely she won't last her whole life there. She will be on the lowest of the totem pole for murdering children. Many women in there have their own children who they love and adore and would not think twice about killing a lowly child murderer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back