IL IL - John Spira, 45, DuPage County, 23 Feb 2007

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The business partner is married. BP's ( business partner ) wife and Suzanne were both named as co-owners of the building which housed Universal Cable Co. As far as I know BP is still residing in DuPage County or in the Chicagoland area and Suzanne had moved to NY several years ago. I don't believe there was ever any indication a romantic relationship existed between Johns (ex?) wife and the business partner.

If anything this was a financial issue due to the various financial stakes in the business and business property.

JMO

BTW, if you google, Disappeared John Spira, you will find links to the show down about him. Might be a copyright issue, so I will not link here.

The business partner is married. BP's ( business partner ) wife and Suzanne were both named as co-owners of the building which housed universal cable co. As far as I know BP is still residing in DuPage County on in the area and Suzanne had moved to NY several years ago. I don't believe there was ever any indication there was a romantic relationship going on between Johns (ex?) wife and the business partner.

If anything this was a financial issue due to the various financial stakes in the business and business property.

JMO

Thanks! Ok, so how does Dave figure into this? Was he merely an employee or friend? The romantic insituations are that Dave and Suzanne had something going on.

I'm not sure of his first name so I will just call him BP - especially since as far as I know he has not been named in the media.

John and his BP owned a business called Universal Cable Co. They both ran the company and each of their wives were (when I looked several years ago) listed as owners of the building. (Neither John or his male business partner were listed as owners of the building)

IMO the insinuation that something was going on between them may have been for nefarious financial reasons. If the building was outright paid for Johns wife may have had a huge financial stake in the property and their divorce may have been creating somekind of financial disagreements or issues with the business and property.

This is someones livelyhood - a livelyhood they likely were not willing to give up easily.

We don't know any of the details of the divorce other than an agreement of somekind was made only hours before Johns disappearance. We don't know if an agreement was made to buy Suzanne out of her part ownership in the property or not. It is highly suspicious imo, that not only does John disappear within a few hours of this 'agreement' on the divorce proceedings but both his soon to be ex wife AND his business partner apparently (If we are to believe what Johns sister has posted as true) do not cooperate with police.

Why would a business partner who worked closely with John and had built a business with him from the ground up refuse to cooperate?

Who currently owns this property? Was Suzanne still part owner at the time of her death? Were there financial problems with the insurance due to the possible arson case? Why is the building still standing. It is a bunch of rubble literaly. Bricks looking like they would be falling over and possibly dangerous to enter. It's been awhile since I have driven by the site but I will do so tomorrow and see if it is still standing in ruins.

Lots of questions.....

This is the addess of the location of the company which burnt down.

2N255 County Farm Road, West Chicago, IL 60185

Let me see if google maps shows it burnt down. I'll still drive by tomorrow....

ETA: Link for google map. If one goes to the street view they can see where the roof is blown off the top of the building. What can not be seen from the google map that was the portion of the building behind the parking lot which looks much worse.

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&i....906014,-88.146465&spn=0.006707,0.013754&z=16

I have just read through all the posts regarding this case. I have been following it for some time now, and it too bothers me every time I drive by the buisness.

Here is what I think "MAY" have happened. I will try to give my reasons why I have come to this conclusion. Please feel free to add/discredit etc. I am just trying to piece together with the thought in mind of "always follow the money trail".

John discussed with his buisness partner(BP) the outcome of the meeting earlier in the day with Suzanne(soon to be EX). The BP was unhappy with the decisions made and ended Johns life.

"my" Reasonings
1. Suzanne was co-owner of the building with the BP wife.
2. Employees noticed plastic roll missing-BP would have been familiar with supplies in his buisness.
3. Fire may have been set as Suzanne would/could not sell her portion of the building due to unwillingness/pending divorce/missing John.
4. Suzanne did not want to report John missing as to spite his new girlfirend/ because of ill feelings, not neccisarily because she was involved.
5. Suzanne died in Oct/2010. Not sure when it started, but the building has since been rebulit-her death could have allowed for that to happen.

I have a few thoughts/questions
1. I think Suzanne may have known BP did something to John and may have feared for her own life so kept mum.
2. What time did the employees leave the building?
3. Did any of the employees make any large purchases/deposits/investments after Johns dissapearance? (could BP have paid one off to help dispose of body)

I am sorry this is so scattered, but whom had something to gain/loss is my rational for these thoughts, and seems that BP is #1 on my list. I just do not know enough about his/the buisiness financial situation to discredit my thinking at this time.

Thoughts??

I still haven't gotten to drive past the building, has it really been rebuilt? Searches show the cable business is now at a different address.

I don't know if BP's wife and Suzanne owned just the building, or both the building and land at the location from which John disappeared.

I wish we knew Suzannes COD. I'd be very surprised if Johns sister did not order a copy of Suzannes death cert.

I drove by again today,and it has been rebuilt, but the property is overgrown and does not look like anything is running out of there at this time. Windows still have the stickers on then from being installed. Also drove by the Stubben House, but no one around. I would love to know what the COD was too. Next time I am in the area, I will take a picture. I would like to know more about Suzannes daughter and her case with the boyfriend she murdered too.
Slueth Away....

I just read on another site that John had a cadillac escalade that he leased to an employee and that employee defaulted on the payments and returned the car to John the afternoon of his dissaperance at the buisness. If this is true, could there had been bad feelings and that person come back later that nite(an employee would know the premises), and also, if so, where is the vehicle? Has anyone else heard this? Also does anyone know his step daughters name, trying to do a little sleuting! Happy Birthday John.

Can you add the link Wenderella? Thank you.

Also, was the Escalade ever recovered? or is it missing with John?

Can you add the link Wenderella? Thank you.

Also, was the Escalade ever recovered? or is it missing with John?

This is what I read off the ID Investigations Discovery web site:

After several hours of negotiations, Spira and his estranged wife had reached an agreement. Around 1:30pm Spira heads over to his business, a cable construction company, where he waits for the return of his Cadillac Escalade. He had been leasing the vehicle to an employee who defaulted on the payments. Around 4:00pm the vehicle was returned and Spira spent the rest of the afternoon with his business partner at their office. At 7:00pm Spira walked out the door while on his cell phone confirming plans for dinner at 8:30pm with a friend. That would be last time he was seen or heard from again.

Thank you Wenderella. I wish we knew if both vehicles owned by John were left in the parking lot at the Cable business.

What happened to the Escalade? Was it picked up before John left at 7pm?
Could John have taken it and left his truck? It seems unlikely, but I wish we had confirmation if the Escalade was 'recovered' or it's whereabouts known after John was last seen.

Hard to believe we are approaching the 5 year anniversary of John's disappearance. I was a newbie when John disappeared, in fact, this is the first thread I ever started here, iirc.

I wish there was a way to find out, or obtain, what jobs Universal Cable was working when John went missing. I wonder if a way to obtain building permits issued to that company exists. I've always wondered if the company equipment was used to hide/bury John. I've always wondered if there were traffic camera's or survelliance from the businesses in the immediate area (Intersection of Rte 64/North Ave. and County Farm Rd) from where John disappeared.

There is a newer Wheaton Bible church at 27W500 North Ave, West Chicago, which creeps me out, almost right around the corner from where John disappeared. Everytime I drive by, which isn't often, I wonder if the company John owned was doing work on this church and if he's buried somewhere on that property. Prior to the church being built there, the former property owner had an enormous sized lot, of a few acres min, and had all kinds of wild exotic animals on the property. Interestingly, it was almost impossible to see from the road due to the trees surrounding the property and I only noticed it one day while driving by after the leaves had fallen from the trees.

I really wonder if there is a way to pull building permits for which Universal cable may have worked around the time John disappeared.

Still praying for answers into his disappearance.

To John's family and friends --- I just want you to know I think about him and you often and pray fervently that you will get answers and peace. I don't know John or you but do know that there is power in prayer. God Bless.

Hard to believe we are approaching the 5 year anniversary of John's disappearance. I was a newbie when John disappeared, in fact, this is the first thread I ever started here, iirc.

I wish there was a way to find out, or obtain, what jobs Universal Cable was working when John went missing. I wonder if a way to obtain building permits issued to that company exists. I've always wondered if the company equipment was used to hide/bury John. I've always wondered if there were traffic camera's or survelliance from the businesses in the immediate area (Intersection of Rte 64/North Ave. and County Farm Rd) from where John disappeared.

There is a newer Wheaton Bible church at 27W500 North Ave, West Chicago, which creeps me out, almost right around the corner from where John disappeared. Everytime I drive by, which isn't often, I wonder if the company John owned was doing work on this church and if he's buried somewhere on that property. Prior to the church being built there, the former property owner had an enormous sized lot, of a few acres min, and had all kinds of wild exotic animals on the property. Interestingly, it was almost impossible to see from the road due to the trees surrounding the property and I only noticed it one day while driving by after the leaves had fallen from the trees.

I really wonder if there is a way to pull building permits for which Universal cable may have worked around the time John disappeared.

Still praying for answers into his disappearance.

And if Drew Peterson was working for them at that time with his buddy Rick Mimms.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces
Back