IL IL - Joshua Summeries, 5 mos, Zion, 21 Aug 2013 *D. Thorpe guilty*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
What does this really mean? That they have given up on finding him and that the trash fill will be his final resting place? It can't be?

I think it means the authorities believe his body is not recoverable. At least that is what I have seen in other cases where a person is known to be in a landfill. I've seen both where they were not found after a search, or it was learned about too much time later and a search would not be possible due to the unsafe conditions of sending a crew to search.

It's tough. :(

This is so horrible. I can't even imagine the helplessness the searchers must be feeling. It has to be terrible enough to know they are searching for a dead baby.....but to have to walk away and know he is in there somewhere......that has to be torture. My prayers go out for them all as well as for his family.

Has this been asked yet? - When was the last independent sighting other than "mom" and BF? Maybe he has been gone longer than we were told...If so, he would be in another area of the landfill, he could have been placed in the "trash" (God I hate to type that) anywhere...

Has this been asked yet? - When was the last independent sighting other than "mom" and BF? Maybe he has been gone longer than we were told...If so, he would be in another area of the landfill, he could have been placed in the "trash" (God I hate to type that) anywhere...

IIRC, a neighbor claimed to have heard a baby and arguing, but said it was nothing he/she would have called the police about.

Police have video of the perp throwing the backpack which contained the baby into a dumpster and then being picked up by a garbage truck. I think both the video and neighbor confirm the timeline.

Mother of missing infant wants landfill search to resume

By Susan BergerSpecial to the Tribune
6:54 a.m. CDT, August 29, 2013

The mother of a baby who went missing more than a week ago in north suburban Zion wants officials to keep searching.

Kisha Summeries appeared at a press conference late Wednesday outside the landfill where authorities spent much of last weekend sorting through garbage trying to find the remains of her 5-month-old son, Joshua Summeries. The search was called off on Sunday.

Joshua's mother did not speak at the press conference, but community activist Clyde McLemore said supporters of the family want the landfill search to continue and for the landfill to stop accepting new refuse until the child is found.

"She needs the closure. She wants to be able to (say goodbye) with dignity," McLemore said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...fant-landfill-search-20130829,0,5433519.story

I keep having the most horrible thoughts about this babies case. 10-15 seconds would not in my opinion be long enough to suffocate a baby. I think there is much more to this story that is not being told. I am still bothered that doing the interviews of some of the neighbors they stated they did not even know a baby lived there. I have no doubt the baby is deceased, nor do I doubt how he was tossed away. I just feel there is much going on here that we have not heard you.

Mother of missing infant wants landfill search to resume

By Susan BergerSpecial to the Tribune
6:54 a.m. CDT, August 29, 2013

The mother of a baby who went missing more than a week ago in north suburban Zion wants officials to keep searching.

Kisha Summeries appeared at a press conference late Wednesday outside the landfill where authorities spent much of last weekend sorting through garbage trying to find the remains of her 5-month-old son, Joshua Summeries. The search was called off on Sunday.

Joshua's mother did not speak at the press conference, but community activist Clyde McLemore said supporters of the family want the landfill search to continue and for the landfill to stop accepting new refuse until the child is found.

"She needs the closure. She wants to be able to (say goodbye) with dignity," McLemore said.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...fant-landfill-search-20130829,0,5433519.story

Really....:censored:

So Momster wants the landfill searches to continue?? I want this baby found too, but imo what mom wants is irrelevant! Lady, you failed to protect this precious baby! Put Momster and live in Scumfriend in the landfill. Make them search until this baby is found and then lock them BOTH up and throw the damn key away!!!!!!

<modsnip>

Just to be very, very clear, as I have to assume many of you must be unaware of this, forced sterilization is classified as a crime against humanity. I understand that passions run high in horrifying situations like this, but we must all be responsible for the way we respond. It is not helpful or ok to resort to classist and racist responses because one person committed a horrible, horrible crime. <modsnip>

I encourage you to read more on why compulsory sterilization is a human rights violation, and to consider that two wrongs very much do not make a right.

if that was a reply to me, I was being facetious but even still,
someone who neglects 6 children to the point where she loses custody of five of them doesn't deserve any human rights IMO

I hope they find this baby to give the rest of the people who care about him some closure and to have the evidence they need for when the boyfriend changes his plea and says they can't prove anything.

Search for baby Joshua’s body called off

Not finding the body doesn’t happen very often in homicides, but in Zion this year, a murder resulted in the body of a baby being dumped in a nearby landfill and never being found, even though police spent days trying.

[snip]

Citing “a physical and emotional toll on even the most seasoned professionals,” Brooks called off the search at the Advanced Disposal Landfill for the missing infant on a Sunday afternoon, much to the dismay of his mother.

More: http://newssun.suntimes.com/news/24580146-418/search-for-baby-joshuas-body-called-off.html

Contending motions filed in case of murdered Zion infant

Accused of killing a Zion infant last summer and throwing the body into a trash bin, Demetries Thorpe was in a Lake County courtroom on Thursday, but his murder trial might not get off the ground until June at the earliest.

Complicating matters during a pretrial hearing before Judge Daniel Shanes were contending motions on the collection of a DNA sample from the 26-year-old defendant and a request from Thorpe’s attorneys to comb through evidence presented by prosecutors during the discovery phase.

http://newssun.suntimes.com/news/25...motions-filed-in-case-of-murdered-infant.html

Hearing delayed for man charged in Zion infant’s death

The court hearing on a motion to suppress the confession and quash the arrest of a Zion man charged with killing a five-month old baby last summer was postponed Thursday.

http://newssun.suntimes.com/news/26...ed-for-man-accused-of-zion-infants-death.html

Fairly new to WS and I stumbled upon this thread while following another missing child case. This case is one of the most horrific things I have read. I hope the cries of this innocent, defenseless, precious child haunt the person (using that word lightly) that killed him for the rest of his days. The only peace I can find in this is that this baby is in a much better place, looking down, free from the pain he endured during his short stay here on this earth we live on. RIP little man.

"According to CBS Chicago, Thorpe confessed to authorities that he went to settle the crying child and accidentally suffocated him. After realizing the baby was dead, Thorpe put the baby in a backpack and threw him in a dumpster."
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/joshua-...harged-with-murder-in-case-of-missing-infant/

JMO

New DNA Evidence Cited In Zion Baby Death Case

A new, “significant,” DNA report involving the murder of a 5-month-old baby from north suburban Zion last summer is being reviewed by prosecutors and defense attorneys for Demetries Thorpe, accused of murder in the case, but neither side was revealing information Monday morning.

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2014/05/13/new-dna-evidence-cited-in-zion-baby-death-case/

Prosecutors offer plea deal in case of murdered 5-month-old

Prosecutors have offered a plea deal to Demetries Thorpe, who was charged with murdering a 5-month-old Zion baby last summer.

[snip]

Last week, it was revealed that a significant DNA report had been issued in the case. Further details were not revealed at that time or Monday, but prosecutors in March had obtained a sample of Thorpe’s DNA to see whether it matched any of the evidence in the case.

http://newssun.suntimes.com/news/27...ase-of-murdered-5-month-old.html#.U4V4eCj4K1M

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
centinel
Back