GUILTY IL - Katie Stockton charged in death of 'Baby Crystal', Rockton, 17 Dec 2004

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Stockton hasn't officially been charged with their deaths. But is facing murder charges related to her first child "Baby Crystal," who was discovered by the side of the road in Rockton in December 2004. Authorities say they know who fathered one of the babies and need our help in finding the other dad.
"It's important for us to seek information from anybody that would have had an encounter with or an opportunity to be with or relationship with Katie Stockton between December 2004 through mid-2007," says Winnebago County Sheriff Dick Meyers.

Meyers wouldn't elaborate more on why that specific time frame....
http://www.wifr.com/news/headlines/83580697.html

Video at link, as well....

Stocktons form of birth control, obviously wasn't working OR maybe she didn't remember to take it! Or it's possible she is just evil and enjoyed murdering these infants...
I do feel for her nine year old son, he is old enough to realize the "whispers" about his egg-donor and I am sure he feels great shame. I pray that he is receiving the counseling that he truly needs!

Baby Crystal and Siblings, I have faith that you are frollicking in the heavens and know boundless joy and love there, Save a place for us......

UPDATED: Coroner: Deceased infants found in trunk are not twins
Posted Feb 04, 2010 @ 12:29 PM
Last update Feb 04, 2010 @ 07:41 PM
<snipped>
Both infants, discovered Aug. 12 at an impound lot in South Beloit, are believed to be female and are not twins, the coroner said. It is unclear if the babies were born alive, and the cause of their deaths has not been identified.

&#8220;The DNA testing ... is pointing that Katie Stockton is the mother,&#8221; Fiduccia said. &#8220;The investigation is continuing, and we are hoping that in this next phase of our forensic testing that we will be able to determine a cause of death.&#8221;

Police believe Stockton is also the mother of Baby Crystal, a newborn found frozen to death on the side of a country road near the home of Stockton&#8217;s parents on a cold December night in 2004. Stockton was arrested Aug. 5 after new information purportedly linked her to Baby Crystal. Investigators have not commented on the substance of the new information.

Although authorities say they don&#8217;t know when either of the two infants found last year was born, they believe it was after Baby Crystal. Stockton faces 10 counts of first-degree murder in the Baby Crystal case. She has pleaded not guilty to all charges.

Winnebago County State&#8217;s Attorney Joe Bruscato said he is bringing no new charges against Stockton at this time because the cause of the death has not been determined. Further forensic testing, which may lead to more answers, could take up to six weeks. Without being specific to this case, Fiduccia said a person can be held responsible for not reporting a death. That could mean Stockton could face additional charges even if the infants were deemed stillborn.

Winnebago County Sheriff Dick Meyers said the father of one of the infants in the car has been identified, but he wouldn&#8217;t say how his identity was determined.

&#8220;We do have the grave next to Baby Crystal reserved, so we are hoping at some point that the three girls can be buried near each other,&#8221; Fiduccia said. &#8220;I think that would be very special for Baby Crystal to have her two sisters buried near her.&#8221;

Stockton is scheduled to be in court Wednesday on the charges pending against her. Standard sentencing for first-degree murder is 20 to 60 years, but Stockton could face extended sentencing based on the victim&#8217;s age, including up to 100 years in prison or the death penalty.

News conference, part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDXcxiaiKV0

News conference, part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc_QiYITtuE

Article:
http://www.rrstar.com/carousel/x979448132/Officials-to-update-case-involving-infants-remains
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cj5C4xe4iNM
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Coroner says remains likely Katie Stockton's babies
Posted: Feb 04, 2010 1:02 PM EST
Updated: Feb 04, 2010 6:58 PM EST
<snipped>
Winnebago County officials say DNA testing points to Katie Stockton as the mother of two infants found dead in the trunk of her car. Fiduccia called Stockton the "probable" mother of the infants. "The infants are most likely not twins," she said. "And they most likely are both females."

No new charges have been filed against Stockton, however she does face 10 counts of first degree murder in the "Baby Crystal" case, in which a newborn baby, known as "Baby Crystal," was left to die along a Winnebago County road in December 2004. Stockton could face the death penalty in that case, but has pled not guilty.

Meyers says he believes he has identified one of the fathers of the girls found in Stockton's trunk. Bruscato tells 13 News that the father of Baby Crystal has also been identified. Meyers is now asking the public to help identify the third father.

Video: Katie Stockton 2:08
http://www.wrex.com/global/video/po...pFormat=flv&clipId1=4516909&at1=News&h1=Katie Stockton&flvUri=&partnerclipid=

Article:
http://www.wrex.com/Global/story.asp?S=11933637
Baby Crystal's Mom Linked to More Infant Deaths
DNA results are in on the two skeletal remains of infants found in the trunk of a car last summer.
Posted: 7:28 PM Feb 4, 2010
Updated: 7:36 PM Feb 4, 2010
<snipped>
Winnebago County Coroner Sue Fiduccia says Katie Stockton is in fact their mother. During a news conference this afternoon, Fiduccia identified them as both full-term female infants who are not twins. Their remains were discovered in the trunk of Stockton's car last August, while it was parked in an impound lot in South Beloit. Stockton hasn't officially been charged with their deaths. But is facing murder charges related to her first child "Baby Crystal," who was discovered by the side of the road in Rockton in December 2004. Authorities say they know who fathered one of the babies and need our help in finding the other dad.

"It's important for us to seek information from anybody that would have had an encounter with or an opportunity to be with or relationship with Katie Stockton between December 2004 through mid-2007," says Winnebago County Sheriff Dick Meyers.

Stockton will be back in court February tenth for a status hearing.

Video: Baby Crystal's Mom Linked to More Infant Deaths
http://www.wifr.com/video/?autoStar...default&clipId=4517442&flvUri=&partnerclipid=

Article:
http://www.wifr.com/news/headlines/83580697.html
Not twins, but full term
DNA links Stockton to infant skeletons found in car
Published: Friday, February 5, 2010 2:06 PM CST
<snipped>
The skeletal remains of two infants found in the trunk of a car in South Beloit were not twins.

Both were fully developed infant girls. The mother is Katie Stockton.

Winnebago County Coroner Sue Fiduccia said DNA testing on the remains indicated Stockton was the mother and, through investigations by the Winnebago County Sheriff&#8217;s Department, the father of one of the infants has been identified. The father of the other infant has yet to be identified, Fiduccia said.

Winnebago County State&#8217;s Attorney Joe Bruscato said there are no new charges against Stockton. The sheriff&#8217;s department is working with Crimestoppers and have issued a statement asking those who may have more information on the case to come forward.

Tests done on Baby Crystal&#8217;s body determined she was born alive and died from exposure. Baby Crystal also tested positive for hepatitis B and cocaine was detected in the baby&#8217;s body.

Article:
http://www.beloitdailynews.com/articles/2010/02/05/news/top_news/news501.txt

:angel:

OFF TOPIC

Fiduccia said the two infants found in the trunk were 28 to 30 weeks post-conception, meaning they were full-term infants.

I haven't had a child in 30 years but is this true? Is this why the babies in the triplet baby story were considered full term? I thought full term was 38-40 weeks?

I don't understand the ten counts of first degree murder for the murder of one child? I'm not trying to be a donkey, I just don't get it.

I'm feeling a bit more than confused right now.

Why the heck didn't this girl get on birth control. What on earth was wrong with her. It appears she had three unwanted babies, that we know of, by three different fathers in a fairly short time span :no:

ETA: After reading Katie Stockton's record, it appears this girl thumbed her nose at society's rules and was bent on self-destruction.

Police ID fathers of Baby Crystal, one of Stockton&#8217;s other infants
Posted Apr 05, 2010 @ 08:13 PM
Last update Apr 05, 2010 @ 11:07 PM
<snipped>
Police have identified two men as the fathers of dead babies linked to Katie Stockton, a 29-year-old rural Rockton woman charged with killing her newborn daughter in December 2004 by leaving the baby in a garbage bag along a road in single-digit temperatures.

Police have conducted DNA testing on about half a dozen men in the past several months in an attempt to identify the father of the baby found frozen to death in 2004, dubbed Baby Crystal, and the remains of two other baby girls discovered in the trunk of Stockton&#8217;s car last summer, about a week after her arrest in the Baby Crystal case.

Winnebago County Sheriff Dick Meyers announced today that one man has been identified as the father of Baby Crystal and another man has been identified as the father of one of the baby girls from the trunk. Neither of the men is the father of the third baby.

The men do not face any charges in the deaths of those babies and are cooperating with police, Meyers said.

&#8220;The critical stage that we are at right now in the investigation is filling in the gaps by establishing a time frame in which she would have been involved with these men,&#8221; Meyers said. That information, he said, could be used to determine an approximate date of birth for the baby girls found in Stockton&#8217;s trunk.

Shedding light on baby girls
Forensic testing on the skeletal remains of the two full-term babies found in the truck of Stockton&#8217;s impounded car is ongoing.

The results of those tests should help authorities determine whether the babies, who were not twins, were born dead or alive. Forensic testing on Baby Crystal indicated that she was born alive and died from exposure.

&#8220;We just spoke to the scientist last week, and we believe it will be at least another two weeks before we hear anything,&#8221; said Winnebago County Coroner Sue Fiduccia.

Time-consuming tests
Forensic testing on skeletal remains tends to take more time than other kinds of forensic testing, Fiduccia said.

&#8220;Remember what we&#8217;re working with. These were not intact babies like Baby Crystal. They&#8217;re skeletal remains. It&#8217;s a much more complicated process. There are fewer labs that can do this type of very specialized work. They&#8217;re more difficult to find and typically very busy,&#8221; she said.

Burials to be arranged
When forensic testing on the two babies is complete, Fiduccia said, she plans to work with Stockton&#8217;s family to arrange a burial for the baby girls, perhaps next to Baby Crystal, who was buried in Calvary Cemetery.

Fiduccia said Stockton&#8217;s family is &#8220;very pleased&#8221; with how the county handled the first burial and have no intentions of changing Baby Crystal&#8217;s name. The other babies have not been named.

Stockton has pleaded not guilty to first-degree murder charges in the death of Baby Crystal and does not face charges in the deaths of the two babies found in the trunk of her car.

She is being held in the Winnebago County Jail and is due back in court April 28.

&#8216;Still in discovery stage&#8217;
Winnebago County State&#8217;s Attorney Joe Bruscato said the criminal case against Stockton is progressing. No trial date has been set.

Standard sentencing for first-degree murder is 20 to 60 years. Stockton could face extended sentencing based on the victim&#8217;s age, including up to 100 years in prison or the death penalty.

The state&#8217;s attorney&#8217;s office has until May 12 to inform the court of its intentions regarding capital punishment or seek an extension.

Article:
http://www.rrstar.com/carousel/x103...-Baby-Crystal-one-of-Stockton-s-other-infants
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Two Men Identified as Fathers to Katie Stockton's Babies
Tuesday, April 06 2010
<snipped>
Police have identified two men as fathers of dead babies linked to a Rockton woman. 29 year old Katie Stockton is accused of leaving her newborn girl on the side of the road in below freezing temperatures six years ago.

Remains of two other baby girls were found in the trunk of her car last summer.
Police say they now know who the fathers are in two of the cases. They're still searching for a third man.

They do not face any charges in the deaths of the babies and are cooperating with police.

*Video Included In Article!

Article:
http://mystateline.com/fulltext/?nxd_id=150965
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fathers identified in case of Illinois dead babies
Tuesday, April 6, 2010 1:31 pm
<snipped>
Katie Stockton, 29, of Rockton is likely the mother of two other infants found dead in the trunk of an impounded vehicle registered to her, authorities have said. The two infant skeletons were wrapped in cloth and stuffed in separate plastic bags. They are thought to be female and are not twins.

One man has been identified as the father of Baby Crystal and a second man as the father of one of the infants found in the trunk, Winnebago County Sheriff Dick Meyers said Monday. The men face no charges and are cooperating with police, Meyers said. DNA testing was done on about half a dozen men over several months, he said.

Stockton has pleaded not guilty to charges of first-degree murder in the death of Baby Crystal. She has not been charged in the deaths of the infants found in the vehicle.

Article:
http://qctimes.com/news/state-and-r...cle_04dc5711-17f3-5ee9-ab88-343a42b3c2c8.html

:angel:

the first baby Baby Crystal was born and tossed out into the cold temps to freeze to death in 2004
so she obviously was pregnant up and until the baby was born.
logically 9 months of pregnancy.
So?
the two baby bodies discovered in the car trunk had to have been there at least 2 years?
But the lot owners said the car stunk?
They say they do not open the cars up unless owners give them permission.

So this would mean that she may have gotten pregnant
right away with all 3 babies?

And just killed them as they were born?
And who knows?
She may have been doing this for a very long time?
Maybe more babies were had and disposed of by her?

So the poor babies had to have been born first in 2002
then 2003 then the last one in 2004..

She is as bad as KC..maybe more evil?

OFF TOPIC

I haven't had a child in 30 years but is this true? Is this why the babies in the triplet baby story were considered full term? I thought full term was 38-40 weeks?

I don't understand the ten counts of first degree murder for the murder of one child? I'm not trying to be a donkey, I just don't get it.

I'm feeling a bit more than confused right now.

Why the heck didn't this girl get on birth control. What on earth was wrong with her. It appears she had three unwanted babies, that we know of, by three different fathers in a fairly short time span :no:

ETA: After reading Katie Stockton's record, it appears this girl thumbed her nose at society's rules and was bent on self-destruction.

Full term is considered 36 weeks. 28 to 30 weeks is NOT term, but a baby can be viable at or even below that gestation period. My friend had a 26 week baby but even today he has massive health issues.

I just had a creepy thought... What if she killed the babies just for being female? I mean, the boy managed to make it to 9 years, right?

It's sick but people have killed for similar reasons...

Trial date set for June 25th.

Katie L. Stockton charged with first-degree murder in the death of Baby Crystal, her newborn daughter, in 2004.

http://www.rrstar.com/news/x1644227...ton-mom-in-Baby-Crystal-case-to-begin-June-25

From the way that sounds, she may have actually been the source that led them to the remains of the two girls in the car? At least that is the way I am interpreting it.

Baby Crystal was left to die of exposure, the other two babies of unknown causes. If she also allowed them to die of exposure, would that make her a serial killer?

I am not seeing any signs of the death penalty. Did they decide not to pursue that?

This says that she asked for a lawyer, but she made the statement shortly after her arrest.
http://www.wrex.com/story/17068934/judge-denies-use-of-katie-stocktons-alleged-confession-in-trial

This says she spoke freely to LE for about 11 min., then she asked for an attorney.
http://www.wifr.com/news/headlines/Evidence_Suppressed_in_Baby_Crystal_Case_141246843.html

So the way I am reading this, if she was the one to tell them about the other two babies, and no attorney was present those two remains could be considered fruit of a "poisonous tree" and wouldn't be allowable in court anyway.

I just had a creepy thought... What if she killed the babies just for being female? I mean, the boy managed to make it to 9 years, right?

It's sick but people have killed for similar reasons...

I would think that is exactly what happened considering the 3 girls were killed and the 1 boy she LET survive. IMO she is pure evil to be able to carry children and then throw them away like garbage. What a twisted human being.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2013/02/2...die-on-ill-road-owned-car-where-other-infant/

An Illinois woman believed to be the mother of two infants found dead in the trunk of an impounded car admitted Thursday to leaving another baby girl to freeze to death along a rural roadside nearly five years earlier.

After reaching an agreement with prosecutors, Katie Stockton of Rockton pleaded guilty to first-degree murder in the December 2004 death of the infant known as Baby Crystal, who authorities believe was Stockton's daughter.

I wonder if these babies fathers were upset by this?
I wonder if they would have taken these babies since she didn't want them?
I always wonder about those things in these cases...

I wonder if these babies fathers were upset by this?
I wonder if they would have taken these babies since she didn't want them?
I always wonder about those things in these cases...

I wonder too, but I also feel very sad for EVERYONE concerned. I don't believe any little girl wants to be a baby killer when she grows up.

g24400000000000000003e62fb9ae281a169b30361b9a90075908e95953.jpg

The grave marker for Baby Crystal at Calvary Catholic Cemetery

http://www.beloitdailynews.com/remains-of-two-infants-to-be-buried/article_d2b644d4-edcb-11e3-b3bc-001a4bcf887a.html

The remains of two infants, whose bodies were found in the truck of Katie Stockton’s car will be put to rest at 11 a.m. June 11 in a graveside ceremony in Rockford, Winnebago County Coroner Sue Fiduccia announced Friday...

The two infants found in the car trunk, who were named Mariah Renee Stockton and Gracie Lynn Stockton by family members, will be put to rest in the Baby Land area of Calvary Cemetery, 8616 W. State Road. The remains will be buried between the graves of Baby Crystal and Baby Noah. Baby Noah is an infant whos body was found at a Roscoe recycling center in 2012.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rebel23
Back