GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
:seeya:Hi Nellie.....thanks for keeping this thread on the move!

I actually thought they would have found Katrina by now. I have to think that the many hours that passed between her last being seen and her being reported missing may have contributed to the difficulty LE is having in finding her.

I actually thought they would have found Katrina by now. I have to think that the many hours that passed between her last being seen and her being reported missing may have contributed to the difficulty LE is having in finding her.

i think you are right...i hope they find her soon as we have snow coming in according to the weather reports :(

I am afraid that LE doesn't really have a good idea where to look for her.

im just happy that there are 8 detectives assigned to her case, so its not for lack of trying that they havent found her....i am getting discouraged tho too... :(

I felt like she would be in the water. Maybe that seems too obvious. But according to those who know the river, they are thinking that it would be tough to find her there due to the flow of the river.

I suppose our best hope right now might be that some of this "evidence" they have found will lead them to Katrina...or to some kind of conclusion about her outcome. It would be great if it would lead them to the person who took her.

snipped " ... interesting that on JR's website - it implies that TS could have gotten assistance from his ex wife and/or their other brother. "

my thought when I read that was "or a ride from one of his daughters" :waitasec:

not saying she is involved, just a matter of convenience and of no relation to X whatsoever ... that is my thought.

There has not been a lot to update, but a few things are added to the case archive:

http://s296.photobucket.com/albums/mm166/crankycrankerson/Katrina%20Smith%20%20-IL-/

I don't suppose we can talk about the blog by Justin, the brother of Todd?

Anyways, there is a lot of drama behind the scenes. I wonder about the dogs too. I read how the dog went here, and there, and to the river, etc....
But NOTHING about SAR K-9s even though that is a resource available to the LE there.

I admire Chad a lot.

I had to go out and about earlier this evening: post office, grocery store etc. Not knowing Katrina personally but living within a few miles; I couldn't help but assume that she had been in those exact same places and at some point in time we probably crossed paths. It made it all that much more real. As much as I would like to believe there is a still a chance that she is alive, the reality is each day makes it that much more unlikely. It's cold and it's wet...just plain nasty out there. I sure hope someone finds her soon.

Has LE verified that she actually went out a second time? Do we have surveillance or something to prove it?

Has LE verified that she actually went out a second time? Do we have surveillance or something to prove it?

Not that I have been able to find. Several people have asked who the last person besides Todd was to see her that day and never has there been an answer. If no one has come forward (are we certain that she was at work that day?) then there is no way to prove for certain that she hasn't been missing for much longer.

snipped " ... interesting that on JR's website - it implies that TS could have gotten assistance from his ex wife and/or their other brother. "

my thought when I read that was "or a ride from one of his daughters" :waitasec:

On the evening that Todd says he last saw Katrina (which would have been Monday evening) two of the three Smith girls were away at college so I would assume that none of the girls were involved with picking him up that night. Personally I think if anyone helped TS it was his brother, but that's just my opinion of course.

LE has been strangely silent, don't you think?

They certainly have been quiet, just like LE in Kortne Stouffer's case.

I notice there is a big disparity in cases. In some, LE is out there holding pressers and asking the public for help. In others you're lucky to get a one sentence update every few days.

In Katrina's case I get the feeling there is a lot going on behind the scenes. So the silence is not alarming. Although it would make me feel better if I knew they were out searching, but the media just doesn't know where and it's happening covertly.

In Katrina's case I get the feeling there is a lot going on behind the scenes. So the silence is not alarming. Although it would make me feel better if I knew they were out searching, but the media just doesn't know where and it's happening covertly.

I believe this is exactly what is happening in Katrina's case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lafan