GUILTY IL - Katrina Smith, 30, beaten to death, Machesney Park, 23 Oct 2012 - #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I&#8217;ve been reading the post since nearly the beginning but this is my first post. First I need to state I&#8217;m related to Katrina. And not a distant relative. <modsnip>.

I’ve been reading the post since nearly the beginning but this is my first post. First I need to state I’m related to Katrina. And not a distant relative. <modsnip>
Thanks for joining us. Everyone here at WS is hurting for Katrina's family.

I&#8217;ve been reading the post since nearly the beginning but this is my first post. First I need to state I&#8217;m related to Katrina. And not a distant relative. <modsnip>

While I understand exactly what you are saying .. TS fooled a lot of people .. includng Katrina. It takes time for someone who thought they "knew" TS to come to terms with what he did. Nobody is condoning what he did .. and his 'friends' and family are likely hurting too.

His actions affected many people.

I am so sorry for your family's loss and we all want to see justice done..

imo

While I understand exactly what you are saying .. TS fooled a lot of people .. includng Katrina. It takes time for someone who thought they "knew" TS to come to terms with what he did. Nobody is condoning what he did .. and his 'friends' and family are likely hurting too.

His actions affected many people.

I am so sorry for your family's loss and we all want to see justice done..

imo

I completely agree with you TexasCharm... and wanted to further comment on the difficulties that we have been thru in our efforts to be fair to all posters as we dont ever really KNOW who is behind the hat... if someone says they are friends of the family how are we to know that they are not, and whos to say that those friedns werent lied to and mistreated by Todd too? I beleive that it is not right to isolate a poster based on an equally anonymous posters request. I know that until I have some proof/reason I will be treating all posters at "face" value....wishing, praying and hoping that all will find peace during this time of difficulties. RIP Katrina, this should not have happened to you. all jmho

Does anybody think this man may actually be innocent?
Welcome! cubfan4life!
Always the chance that he is, I suppose. Willing to listen to all sides and theories. I fear since Casey Anthony that my usually reliable hinky meter is somewhat distorted. Looking forward to your thoughts on the possibility in this case.
:greetings:

I truly have no opinion as to innocence or guilt yet but there are a few things that dont make sense to me personally. Katrina's personal FB is not public but you can still see when she updated profile pic etc. On the 09/19 she made it a pic of she & Todd. On 9/23 she made her cover photo a family pic on photo comments was talking about she and Todd taking a vacation to GA. So withinn 29 days of those pics being posted she moved out, had a boyfriend, & was deceased? I would think if police found blood evidence in the home during search on top of other curcumstancial evidence they may have that would've been enough for an arrest before she was even found. Not by any means saying he's innocent but certainly things that have me questioning it

Also as someone who has been in healthcare for 27 years the thought of him being able to beat her to death without any visible marks on himself carry her out of house into trunk out of trunk etc seems a bit far fetched considering his extremely small stature. And I see people making an issue of her running an errand "that late on a work nite" but is that more strange than doing laundry that late at night that she would have to finish before driving back to Roscoe? Just doesnt make sense. If I had left my husband & had a boyfriend I wouldnt be hanging out doing laundry at our marital home & I certainly wouldnt post pics on my FB of us cheek to cheek looking very happy

I’ve been reading the post since nearly the beginning but this is my first post. First I need to state I’m related to Katrina. And not a distant relative. <modsnip>.

welcome to the boards! sending lots of love, hugs and prayers out to you!

I truly have no opinion as to innocence or guilt yet but there are a few things that dont make sense to me personally. Katrina's personal FB is not public but you can still see when she updated profile pic etc. On the 09/19 she made it a pic of she & Todd. On 9/23 she made her cover photo a family pic on photo comments was talking about she and Todd taking a vacation to GA. So withinn 29 days of those pics being posted she moved out, had a boyfriend, & was deceased? I would think if police found blood evidence in the home during search on top of other curcumstancial evidence they may have that would've been enough for an arrest before she was even found. Not by any means saying he's innocent but certainly things that have me questioning it

Maybe Katrina was putting on appearances on her Facebook to keep everyone thinking her marriage was "business as usual, normal"

Where did the rumor start of Katrina dating again? And had a new boyfriend?

As with many ugly marital disputes, money is almost always a reason and I believe money was an issue --to Todd--

Also as someone who has been in healthcare for 27 years the thought of him being able to beat her to death without any visible marks on himself carry her out of house into trunk out of trunk etc seems a bit far fetched considering his extremely small stature.
And I see people making an issue of her running an errand "that late on a work nite" but is that more strange than doing laundry that late at night that she would have to finish before driving back to Roscoe? Just doesnt make sense. If I had left my husband & had a boyfriend I wouldnt be hanging out doing laundry at our marital home & I certainly wouldnt post pics on my FB of us cheek to cheek looking very happy

Also as someone who has been in healthcare for 27 years the thought of him being able to beat her to death without any visible marks on himself carry her out of house into trunk out of trunk etc seems a bit far fetched considering his extremely small stature.
CUBBIEFAN--- Welcome aboard, I lived in Deerfield near Evanston, ILL many years ago ....and though a cincinnati Reds fan, I root fo rthe Cubs still

My point is someone could be blindsided with some weapon, object to knock them down, maybe a long baseball bat, and the victim would never have a chance to get close enough to the attacker to leave scratches, marks, etc.

Also as someone who has been in healthcare for 27 years the thought of him being able to beat her to death without any visible marks on himself carry her out of house into trunk out of trunk etc seems a bit far fetched considering his extremely small stature. And I see people making an issue of her running an errand "that late on a work nite" but is that more strange than doing laundry that late at night that she would have to finish before driving back to Roscoe? Just doesnt make sense. If I had left my husband & had a boyfriend I wouldnt be hanging out doing laundry at our marital home & I certainly wouldnt post pics on my FB of us cheek to cheek looking very happy

:greetings: Welcome to WS ...

in regard to todds weight and ability to inflict fatal damage based on his size...i hate to type this but "stomping" is more frequently used than most would like to think..it is extremely brutal, it can be merely incapacitating or it can be deadly. It is vicious. With Katrina in mind, it seems to me that all Todd would need to accomplish would be to distract her for just a moment. He could knock her out with drugs or with a blow to the head tie her up, put her in the trunk and into the river. The ME has went out oh his way to tell us at every turn that what Katrina endured was on the EXTREME END OF BRUTAL...so, I dont think that he peacefully knocked her out with medications and then put her in the river to drown...more likely a physical fight with a blunt instrument ( think bat, billy club, foot or all of these) I have a very sickening feeling that even after the vicious brutal beating, Katrina may well have still been breathing and Todd dumped her in the river anyway...meaning that he would have made the ultimate choice to murder her... i guess we will found out when the autopsy is made public.

I do have an opinion but im willing to obviously let that go if he turns out innocent, however i do agree that some things dont make complete sense to me either. Having been in an abusive relationship physically and emotionally i too see the idea behind "keeping up appearances". Not saying this was an abusive relationship just giving my opinion, but still things arent all adding up. Waiting for this trial. Most likely wont start till sometime next yr but i guess we shall see then. Wow i rambled. Sorry guys :blushing:

Thank you all for the welcomes. I guess I should have clarified his size has nothing to do with being able to inflict that kind of damage. Absolutely a suprise from behind with a weapon would do it. But for him to be able to lift her get her into trunk lift her back out of trunk etc is hard to believe. Ive had to lift deceased comatosed & stroke pts & had to have help. And I'm 5'10 155lbs its not as simple as people may think.

Thank you all for the welcomes. I guess I should have clarified his size has nothing to do with being able to inflict that kind of damage. Absolutely a suprise from behind with a weapon would do it. But for him to be able to lift her get her into trunk lift her back out of trunk etc is hard to believe. Ive had to lift deceased comatosed & stroke pts & had to have help. And I'm 5'10 155lbs its not as simple as people may think.

CUBBIE FAN--- Maybe Todd had a long blanket or sleeping bag, zipped her up in it, then dragged the sleeping bag from the house to the car.

And yanked it out of the car once down by the river without really lifting Katrina?

Dragging is alot easier than lifting and carrying someone.

Just my thoughts...

And thats possible but brings me back to blood evidence. Blunt force trauma (especially to the head because the capillaries are so close to surface) would cause extreme amounts of blood. If there was that kind of evidence in house during search along with her missing that would've been enough for an arrest before she was even found

Im not saying he's innocent. Obviously i don't know what "evidence" they have but studies show that in this country nearly 10,000 people are wrongly convicted of violent crimes every year. I find that very disturbing. And i hope they have solid evidence not all circumstacial. Especially in high profile cases woth large community involment LE feels pressure to solve it. They have blinders on. And what a huge injustice to Katrina if the wrong person is punished for her death

I was on Meghan Dwyre 23 news FB page. Todd & Katrina's house was burglarized. Also before Katrina went missing somebody wearing a mask was putting "hate Katrina" flyers out in the parking lot of her work. She apparently suspected a supervisor or co-worker but because a mask was worn they were unable to determine who it was for sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966