IL - Kenneka Jenkins, 19, found dead in hotel freezer, Rosemont, 10 Sept 2017 #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The layout above shows the two double doors leading to the exit, which seems to be outside. That little door area on the left doesn't seem like it would potentially be a future restaurant seating 265 people stuck in the back of the Ballroom. If anywhere, on the Lobby Floor, I'd think it would be over on the opposite side at the room labeled Metro Place, over past the Visibility Bar.

The white doors by O'Hare V don't lead outside.

The video that someone posted a couple pages ago shows that those white doors lead into a kitchen. That is the area to become the Caddyshack restaurant, and the freezer she was found in.

The map I made shows it exactly in the area you describe..... Above metro place, to the left of the flight deck. The freezer would've been basically next to the coatroom.....The restaurant would be the whole darker blue part, with the kitchen being at least the gray part.

The uncle is only showing the way that LH and TM took to the kitchen (led by detectives) to go and ID KJ in the kitchen. That's all he's showing.

I thought he was showing that she couldn't walk down a hall without being seen. At 3:00 a.m., yes, she could, if she wasn't with her friends. Hotel staff pay no mind to folks if they even see notice them. I've wondered around hotels when I travel, because I'm a night owl, and can't sleep. They're pretty much dead, on the weekends, in big cities. He never shows him going anywhere near a kitchen, or a door labeled as a kitchen/restaurant area. That whole side is the International Ballroom area. I'm not sure what that little door area is off to the left, before you get to the exit, though, but he never shows that. He comes out of the side exit to the area that you can go down to the conference level and then makes a right toward the phone banks.

The double, white doors, ares clearly marked as an exit on the floor plan in the motel. Are they making a whole new restaurant off the back of the Ballroom area?

This states that the Caddyshack restaurant has signed a lease for 8,600 square feet of space within the Crowne Plaza Hotel at River Road and Balmoral Avenue, across the street from the Rosemont Theatre. It's existing space. They're not building on.

It says there will be an oblong-shaped bar with plenty of TVs tuned to sports, semiprivate dining area for events, a retail area, and 350-square-foot golf simulation experience. They've were advertising for help as of 9/17/17.

http://www.dailyherald.com/business/20170705/murrays-confirm-caddyshack-bar-coming-to-rosemont

I thought he was showing that she couldn't walk down a hall without being seen. At 3:00 a.m., yes, she could, if she wasn't with her friends. Hotel staff pay no mind to folks if they even see notice them. I've wondered around hotels when I travel, because I'm a night owl, and can't sleep. They're pretty much dead, on the weekends, in big cities. He never shows him going anywhere near a kitchen, or a door labeled as a kitchen/restaurant area. That whole side is the International Ballroom area. I'm not sure what that little door area is off to the left, before you get to the exit, though, but he never shows that. He comes out of the side exit to the area that you can go down to the conference level and then makes a right toward the phone banks.

The double, white doors, ares clearly marked as an exit on the floor plan in the motel. Are they making a whole new restaurant off the back of the Ballroom area?

There is an exit past that door, that door is not the exit.

BBM

I use headphones a lot, especially if it is an interview that is available on YouTube. I can slow down the speech. I'm used to folks asking me to repeat things because of my accent, and a lot of people here have much thicker accents than mine, but I can understand them. (If anyone has ever watched the cartoon Family Guy, I had a friend, may he r.i.p., who pretty much talked like Boomhauer. We had no problem understanding him. lol) When folks are from further up North, I have to listen a little more carefully, so video is really nice to have if the interview is uploaded to YT, b/c I can slow it down. Northern folks talk a little faster than we do. However, I still read the articles a lot of times too because of ease, as they've been transcripted for me. However, with reading an interview, unless its been very well written, (which is becoming a lost art, imo), you miss the nuances of the interviewer's, and interviewee's, tone, body movements, and inflection, that you get with a video/audio interview.

OT but you mean King of the Hill, not Family Guy. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What also stands out to me was that the mother and her other daughter were taken to the scene and the body of KJ was identified by TM and her daughter prior to be taken to the medical examiner. There is something out there where the mother says they wouldn't let her see the whole body it was covered up except her face. Does anyone know what interview that came from?

I think that was from a video on YT where the reporter was talking to one of KJ's sisters outside of the hotel at the protest. We can't link it here due to TOS. This is not what you're looking for but I found it interesting.

The sister says that KJ went to/was seen in, the room at around 1:13 a.m., and her friends noticed that she was missing around 2:00 a.m. That stands to reason as KJ's mom said they called her around 3:00 something, and told her they couldn't find KJ, and she told them to stay put. At 3:20 (if the clock is right) we see her walking toward the freezer area. The friends brought her car to her mother around 4:00 a.m. and mom got to the hotel around 5 or 5:30 a.m. and she called LE at 7:15 a.m. but didn't make a missing person report. The missing person report was not made until 1:16 p.m. by her sister LH.

I hope the link is not against TOS.
http://www.bet.com/news/national/20...s-describes-the-freezer-where-her-sister.html

rsd1200
Look at the layout again...

This is the only layout that I've seen that shows anything behind the Flight Deck. Do you have a link? Because the Caddyshack restaurant is going into existing space, not building onto the hotel. Even the motel's "You are Here" boards don't show anything in that space. There had to be something there before. Wonder what that space used to be used for?

These guys give a fairly decent tour of part of the Conference Level (Room Names, Love A & B, Davinci, Heathrow, Gatwick, etc..).

Go to YouTube and search: G-FEST XXI: Pre G-FEST XXI Tour

Search for their video: G-FEST XX: Touring The Lower Level and you will see the row of elevators that KJ stepped off of, and onto the LL, in one of the released LE clips, and the stairs that lead up to the Lobby.

They were there in 2015 for a movie conference so it is not biased in any way. They did it just as tourists enjoying and logging their stay for the conference. The videos are very interesting to compare with LE's released video.

I'm going to link these videos from YouTube and self-report my post. I found them informative and they are not about the case in any way. They're just a tour of the hotel by a couple of folks who were there for a conference in 2015. If they're against TOS, I apologize in advance. They have more video of the hotel than only these two.

Tour starts of Lower Level at :20 seconds at G-FEST XX: Touring The Lower Level
[video=youtube;gn6qjzi4Qlk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn6qjzi4Qlk[/video]

Conference Level Tour at G-FEST XXI: Pre G-FEST XXI Tour
[video=youtube;_e8ctuIsYvw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e8ctuIsYvw[/video]

The silence the last 10 days is worthy of merit no

just asking ?

I'm going to link these videos from YouTube and self-report my post. I found them informative and they are not about the case in any way. They're just a tour of the hotel by a couple of folks who were there for a conference in 2015. If they're against TOS, I apologize in advance. They have more video of the hotel than only these two.

Tour starts of Lower Level at :20 seconds at G-FEST XX: Touring The Lower Level
[video=youtube;gn6qjzi4Qlk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gn6qjzi4Qlk[/video]

Conference Level Tour at G-FEST XXI: Pre G-FEST XXI Tour
[video=youtube;_e8ctuIsYvw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_e8ctuIsYvw[/video]

Wow! Thanks for this!!

And props to you for self-reporting lol

This is the only layout that I've seen that shows anything behind the Flight Deck. Do you have a link? Because the Caddyshack restaurant is going into existing space, not building onto the hotel. Even the motel's "You are Here" boards don't show anything in that space. There had to be something there before. Wonder what that space used to be used for?

The area circled in RED is the EXISTING SPACE that the Caddyshack will eventually be in but is not currently being used.

bff9b6e4d58cecb8319cc37218923dbc.png
b30ce078e26698434915a8b6e36f8da7.png

I recently listened to True Crime Garage most recent podcast episode on this case and watched the videos and they had some great insight. There's theories she was dared to do a Facebook live video from the freezer. There's another one that she was assaulted at the party and died because of it, then they tried to hide her body. Both seem plausible.

It was hard watching her walk around the hotel halls alone being that drunk. I can't believe that with 30+ people at that party not one person could be her friend and help her. My mother taught me to help anyone who is in need no matter how much you like them. I wish someone at that party was taught the same.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Were both an older and younger brother killed?

The area circled in RED is the EXISTING SPACE that the Caddyshack will eventually be in but is not currently being used.
<snipped for space>

I see what you're talking about now. I uploaded the pic below a few days back but, based on the video released, (and it matching to other videos of the hotel), I firmly believe that the poor girl was all over that hotel; The Lobby, Lower Level, The Ballroom area, no telling how many floors she was on that night before she ended up in the freezer, but I see where your theory could be possible.

One thing that I'd not noticed before until reviewing the YouTubers who had just videoed the place for fun, was that there is apparently a door, in the Ballroom Hall, on the left, as you go toward the double doors, that leads into a restaurant. I didn't realize that until today. From what I've been able to tell, it's the Chicago Fire Oven restaurant. Food for thought.

The red awning is an entrance area to Chicago Fire, Visibility Bar, and the hotel. How do you get to that area? That's the area that I'd thought was Metro Place. Would that have been a restaurant?

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• KJLL.jpg
    KJLL.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 202
  • CrownePlaza 123820 AM.bmp.jpg
    CrownePlaza 123820 AM.bmp.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 195
I recently listened to True Crime Garage most recent podcast episode on this case and watched the videos and they had some great insight. There's theories she was dared to do a Facebook live video from the freezer. There's another one that she was assaulted at the party and died because of it, then they tried to hide her body. Both seem plausible.

It was hard watching her walk around the hotel halls alone being that drunk. I can't believe that with 30+ people at that party not one person could be her friend and help her. My mother taught me to help anyone who is in need no matter how much you like them. I wish someone at that party was taught the same.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Unless she had a second phone the video from the freezer wouldn't be real probable, since her friends had her phone. Certainly not impossible that she could have had another phone, just haven't heard one mentioned.
Generally that's not common in her age range. More for older, established career people or business owners. Work phone and a personal phone. My Dad and husband both have/had 2 cell phones for those purposes.

I found frankiec2096 post from the poll thread so compelling and powerfully stated :

Its crazy how so many people really think that this young women's accident was actually an accident. There's so many falsehoods about this case and so many easter eggs we can noticeably see and we actually have people that actually think its an accident. I'd like to really pick some peoples brain about this topic and see why you think it was an accident.

I am equally befuddled as it relates to the ease with which the accident notion was embraced.

Mores o here at WS, in that collectively we tend to put stuff together at some level.

This has been a difficult thread in terms of the unique info we had early on in event . (SM response in conjunction with the two videos ). We had the ability to observe and hear participants over time.

I would think (that would actually be interesting to know) did mods find it an odd one also.?

Officials have vanished making it harder to discuss additional info that has emerged online that appears to have much credibility imo -

The total turnaround in terms of actually facilitating the story going nowhere else is in itself peculiar while being profoundly informative in and of itself.

Atypical.

I do not recall any situation crime related , wherein auxiliary folks have overtly refused to speak. Consistently.

And in this instance the sheer number of eyes in the two rooms makes that more incredulous.

The location does so as well. Like the Winter Park case that just unfolded, where there are far less witnesses there has been much greater public speaking ( friends, spouse, boss,CCTV that makes sense LE updates etc etc)

All behavior has meaning imo. The total darkness suddenly on SM by a wide variety of , and large number of folks is equally telling.

In distressful events the human mind , imo, needs to talk about it - it is part of the human condition- natural. Part of the heating component. It is how we are wired.

The far reaching ,comprehensive , and enduring nature of the situation suddenly becoming as if it did not occur at all , or has been solved , imo adds much validity to the possibility that one or several entities, might indeed have made it profoundly clear that it is in participants best interests and safety to vanish, remain invisible and facilitate the accidental notions in what is IMO so far away from an accidental boo boo.....................

Both money and survival are potent motivators .

I think at this point all we can hope for is one person out of the many involved to have some need or want to come forward with what occurred that tragic evening.

Or it just may end up the Amelia Earhart bermuda triangle type of event .

We shall see ...........maybe?

I live in Norway, and it gets VERY cold here in the winter. A few years ago some young men were found in lakes (not at the same time or same place), they had taken a drug that made them very hot, they took their clothes off and walked into the water. And died.

I am probably the only one here who thinks this is an accident. I think she was drugged. Walked around (as we see in the videos), and she found the freezer, went inside and liked the cold temperature, fell asleep and died.... Simple as that.....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charity4668
Back