IL IL - Kierra Coles, 27, pregnant, Chicago, 2 Oct 2018

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Perhaps he doesn’t feel comfortable in her apt without her or he has acquired a “watchdog” mentality waiting for his baby girl to return. JMO
I agree

But I never heard of a case where dad says I'm sleeping in my car until my daughter is found.

This means he can use some financial help to keep things going . Jmo

Kierra Coles phone was her life.

So do we know when is the last time she used her phone to post on the Internet or to call someone?

She spoke to her mother on the Tuesday, October 2nd. Her mother says that she would have called in sick that evening to say she wouldn't be there October 3rd the day we see her on the CCTV. Her sister said she posted on Snapchat daily so maybe she last used SC then too. Her phone was found in her car.

Last edited:
Full video at this link $28.5K Reward Offered for Info on Missing Mail Carrier

EDIT: I'm stumped on where she was last seen none of the buildings to my eye on Streetview resemble those on the CCTV. Can any Chicagoans offer any light? I'm looking specifically for the concrete flower pots on the left hand side of the CCTV. I couldn't access her address on that search site either
This is the area where Kierra was last seen on surveillance on S Vernon Ave, just south of 81st Street

Case Archive for Kierra Coles::
Kierra Coles -IL- by amanda reckonwith

Don't be hesitant to click on the link. It is my own paid photobucket account.
If you are unfamiliar with my Case Archives, I have done more than 150 of them.
This is my first in over a year though... I do them on request now, mostly because of time and work restraints.

This is my first in over a year though... I do them on request now, mostly because of time and work restraints.
And I thank you very much AmandaReckonwith! Your case archives are awesome and I don't see how you have time to do all that even if you didn't have other obligations! Again, thank you.

Thank you for taking the time to post this.

“Our thoughts and prayers are with Kierra and her family, and like everyone else we hope for a positive outcome to this situation,” Mack Julion, president of the Chicago branch of the NALC, said in a statement. “Here in Chicago her Local union is doing everything that we can, and we will not rest until she is located.”

Anyone with information about her was asked to call the Area South Special Victims Unit at (312) 747-8274 or the U.S. Postal Inspection Service at (877) 876-2455.

Police: 'Foul play' suspected in case of missing pregnant woman Kierra Coles

Chicago Police spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said detectives are aware of her personal relationships, and have spoken to people who can account for her whereabouts through Oct. 2. The department is urging anyone with information to reach out, noting they can do so anonymously at CPDtip.com.

“Leads are very important to us now,” Guglielmi said.

[...]

Phillips said her daughter’s car has been parked outside her apartment for the past two weeks. She was able to gain access to the car, and found Coles’ purse and cellphone inside.

Regina Kennedy, a family friend, said Coles was last seen on Oct. 2, when she went to an appointment with her aunt and a friend.

Kennedy said the post office told family members Coles called off work the next day, on Oct. 3. She said the family wanted to confirm on her cellphone that she was the one who called in, but couldn’t access the phone due to a passcode.

Kennedy said Coles had a lunch bag in her car, as if she had planned to go to work.

[...]

Coles loves working as a mail carrier and worked hard to become a permanent employee, Phillips said. She planned to get pregnant once she secured steady employment.

“Everything was looking good for her,” Phillips said. “Everything was how she planned it.”

Police investigating whether missing mail carrier Kierra Coles met with foul play

"Based on the length of time of Kierra Coles' disappearance and the fact that she has fallen off the grid, police suspect possible foul play," the Chicago Police Department told The Associated Press on Friday, Oct. 19. "We continue to get leads and are following up diligently on those leads."

[...]

Within two days of her disappearance, Coles' mother, Karen Phillips, called to report her missing to the Chicago Police Department. "She wouldn't go this long without talking to me," Phillips told WLS TV. "We talk every day. She wouldn't have me worrying like this."

[...]

"I felt something was wrong because I had been calling her all that day," she said. "With not hearing from her all day Wednesday and half of the day Thursday, I just knew that something was wrong."

Kierra Coles Missing in Chicago - Police Suspect Foul Play in Kierra Coles Case

Coles' mother, Karen Phillips, called police to report her missing two days later. She said she became concerned that her daughter hadn't called her and that her calls to her daughter's number went straight to voicemail.

[...]

"She wouldn't go this long without talking to me," Phillips told WLS TV. She said when the two did talk on Oct. 2, her daughter told her how happy and emotional she was to hear her baby's heart beating. "We talk every day. She wouldn't have me worrying like this."

Foul play suspected in case of missing postal worker Kierra Coles

Police said Kierra’s car was left parked in front of her home and no suspects have been named in connection to her disappearance.

Police Say Foul Play Is Suspected in the Disappearance of a Pregnant 26-Year-Old Postal Worker

Ugh. I haven't been following closely but I was hoping she might somehow be voluntary missing so a good outcome could still be possible for mama and baby. But this makes it pretty clear IMO that they don't expect her to show up alive. :(:mad:
I hope Kierra is found soon for her family to have closure and for justice to prevail.

I am frustrated!
How is this missing young woman NOT bigger news?
She disappeared right in front of her freaking home and there is a 5 second video clip and nothing else?
Nobody saw anything?

I read on social media that many speculate her disappearance is not being taken seriously for two possible reasons: 1. Rumored to be having an affair with a married man. 2. Called in sick to work, but is seen wearing her work uniform. Speculated that she was being deceptive from the get go.

Not my opinion, I honestly don’t know what to think. Just throwing a few thoughts out there that are on FB.

Who knows?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shayput1996