GUILTY IL - Kraig Monroe for child abuse, Belleville, 2010

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I am totally disgusted and heartbroken over this "man's" disregard for a baby girl's pain and agony. I want to offer a tiny bit of hope, though, to some who might be unfamiliar with her injuries. I am not a medical professional but I did survive a life-threatening accident on Suicide Alley in Austin, TX in 1979 at the age of 24. Texas Mist will know just where I'm talking about. Accidents in that area are what caused Highway 183 to be reconfigured.

Due to blunt force trauma from coming up over a lap belt and hitting by lower belly on the steering wheel of an early 70's truck, I had to have most of my lower intestines removed in emergency surgery. I also lost my spleen, an ovary and had several smaller broken bones (jaw, wrist, etc.). Obviously, it was horrible and my recuperation was arduous. I had a colostomy and a feeding tube for several weeks which was then reversed. I was told over and over that my general strong health and youth worked in my favor. I have been extremely fortunate and blessed to have no long term problems, other than a long and nasty scar. I even gave birth to a surprise third child a little over a year later. That's when my body was done with the babies and we started adopting.

I remember the ache and the pain and the fear of getting into a car again. This is not something that I would wish on my greatest enemy. My injury happened in a split second and was due to an accident--not over the course of time and inflicted by a caregiver. I've spent time volunteering in trauma wards for young children. You've never been in such caring places. The nurses and doctors are angels. They do not just heal the body. The hospital psych team goes to work on the whole child. I'm going to keep this little one in my prayers and hope that her little body will heal. Children can really shock us with their resilience. She'll receive tender care in a medically fragile foster home. If she has the strength to pull through, I have faith, that with love and compassion, she can heal.

As a final note, you'll see a lot of compassion and caring for the child in the comments section following the article. People are asking what they can do. I'll tell you what you can do. Get licensed to be a foster parent, to do specialized respite for injured and traumatized children, to be a driver for foster kids. It honestly does help if you feel you are doing something. Prayers and tears only go so far. Children need action. DHS is not perfect and the system is fraught with problems but they are the gatekeepers to the children. It's worth the heartache to know you've done what you can.

I have no words.

I agree with the other poster...pull their intestines out and scalp them. I'm sure "mommy" gives real good care to those in the nursing home she works in. :furious:

Excuse me while I go take another blood pressure pill. :furious::furious::furious:

This case...man this case....I have to pray for all involved. I hope that with their enforced sobriety they come to the realization of all that they have done and all that they have LOST here.

The social workers and the hospital have to watch their back on this case....precedent has been set thanks to the PA courts...4 social workers who provided substandard care to an abused child who was then killed were just nailed by the courts. The workers are facing jail time.

The mother gave her medicine but refused to protect her child? wth!?!!

screw putting these in jail; silver bullet and a hole it's all they deserve;

The mother for failing at protecting her daughter
The BF for breathing, and everything else..

John Walsh was on the news this morning and he mentioned how the government has spent millions on bail outs for banks and piles of money on the space programs. Still we can't afford to protect our children. I don't get it. There is an epidemic in our country and it's not big businesses losing money. It's the ever increading number of children that are abused every second and our failure as a society to protect them.

This case...man this case....I have to pray for all involved. I hope that with their enforced sobriety they come to the realization of all that they have done and all that they have LOST here.

The social workers and the hospital have to watch their back on this case....precedent has been set thanks to the PA courts...4 social workers who provided substandard care to an abused child who was then killed were just nailed by the courts. The workers are facing jail time.

And that should happen here! The social workers were in the home less than a week ago. The child had a broken leg at the time. Social workers were called to the hospital and the doctors filed complaints. This child should NEVER HAVE BEEN IN THAT HOME TO SUSTAIN FURTHER DAMAGE :furious::furious:

And the social workers should be called on the spot and made to answer. That does not negate what this woman did to her child or the BF's responsibility. They should all be BOILED in the same pot!

Salem

What a sad sad story. I have a few things to say, so bear with me. First of all, I am going to try to keep an open mind when it comes
to the social worker. I had to deal with DFS as a teenager, and they were relentless! Not to say they are all that way, but children DO have accidents, and if this was the first time they were called in, well, it would be pretty easy to explain (make up a story) how a little girl could break her arm. People can ACT like loving parents. Second of all, I agree with everyone who said the mom should get exactly what the bf gets. She is a sorry excuse for a mother, a woman, and a human being. In a way, I ALMOST think worse of her for not doing anything. I mean the *advertiser censored* bf obviously didn't like this child, had no connection to her. But her MOM, can just sit there watching her baby suffer? She was supposed to love and protect her. UGGGGGGGGGG!! They both make me
sick, and I hope there is a special "reserved" table for both of them in hell.
Lastly, Cardinals Glennon is one of the best hospitals in the united states. So she will be recieving the best care. And with hope and prayers added, hopefully this little
girl will not only ever have to see THOSE people ever again, but will recover fully and go on to lead a wonderful life!!

Something has to change. So many children are being killed, tortured on a daily basis. This is a different world than before, so many single parents, blended households, low paying jobs and no affordable day care.
A boyfriend does not care about your children in fact IMO they resent the child because they come from another male so they are the enemy.
Single mothers think nothing of having their boyfriend watch their children and this should be forbidden!!! Screw him all you want, but protect your kids!!!!!

VB

"It was a complete trash bin inside this trailer. When I searched it, I was afraid to lean on anything it was so disgusting," Johnson said.

This makes me think DFS didn't even go to the home or question the other children. Surely they wouldn't have given this couple a pass if they had...?

Found pics of this precious one...her name is Amanda...and more on the "investigation" of who knew what & when, and failed to protect Amanda.

A spokesperson for DCFS in Chicago says they did investigate suspicion of neglect involving Amanda last month, but they only talk to authorities once they find evidence of abuse. They say they will work with the sheriff in finding out exactly what happened in this case.

http://www.kmov.com/news/just-poste...-beating-from-mothers-boyfriend-86277082.html

dcfs should have to pay for the little girls medical bills for the rest of her life

Found pics of this precious one...her name is Amanda...and more on the "investigation" of who knew what & when, and failed to protect Amanda.

A spokesperson for DCFS in Chicago says they did investigate suspicion of neglect involving Amanda last month, but they only talk to authorities once they find evidence of abuse. They say they will work with the sheriff in finding out exactly what happened in this case.

http://www.kmov.com/news/just-poste...-beating-from-mothers-boyfriend-86277082.html

What a beautiful little girl. :( She looks older than 2, doesn't she?

kbl, due to the fact that the child was taken into care--under the jurisdiction of the court--she will receive a state issued medical card with federal co-pay (each state receives a different co-pay percentage).

When she goes to foster care or is placed for adoption, this is her entitlement, along with a F/C or adoption assistance payment also funded by both federal and state resources. She will lose the medical card and the assistance at age 18-21, depending on the laws of that state, unless she is deemed eligible due to continuing physical or developmental disabilities which will be assessed at age 18.

In essence, we're all paying for Amanda's medical care. Here's where the argument for pro-active vs. reactive response comes in.

id rather be paying for her care then for her funeral..

but someone needs to make dcfs/cps/dhs whatever pay either crimnally or civiallly. make an example that this is not acceptable.......they either never went to this residence or they had no issue with what the conditions were there.

I can't tell you what I want to do. Sometimes I'm glad these POSs live so far away from me :(

Ugggggggggh,

Salem

Uggggghhhh is right. Although I can't find solace in them living far away from me, - just a few miles. On the bright side, maybe I will get a call to jury duty.

Thanks Jamie. I am praying that Amanda has all the love she needs in her life now...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rndy
Back