IL IL - Lacey Gaines, 22, Justice, 7 Dec 2009

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
ChaCha: I'm new to the forum and I just wanted to say that I'm very sorry for your loss.

Let me begin with my prayers to your family. My questions are direct and not meant to hurt in anyway. I agree that your niece knew this person. It would have had to be someone that she was comfortable with walking around the apartment and kitchen. Am I correct that LE is sure that she was strangled first? If so, the killer may not have had the strength to kill your neice and then used the knife. I can understand being able to find a kitchen knife but where was the extention cord at. To me it sounds like the killer knew where objects were in the apartment. As far as the "gang theory".... wouldn't your niece have mentioned that to the family or police if the ex had gang associations? It seems that Lacey was very bright and it would seem odd for her to not mention that to someone especially having a child around. I also wonder how accurate a lie detector test is? Could the ex have fooled the test? Also, I think I read that a family member was getting ready to throw the current boyfriend out of Lacey's wake. Was that correct and do you know what that was about?

Ted Bundy passed a lie detector test. I was told it's a better test if given by a professional tester (vs a police officer) and by someone who speaks the language fluently.

The gang subject did come up. Her ex boasted to friends he was connected to the Mexican mafia. How seriously that was taken I don't know. I was told by a family member the tattoo on his neck was a gang tattoo.

Yes that was correct about a family member asking the father of the child to leave the funeral. It is not like that now. He sees his son. Lacey's parents have legal guardianship he lives not far from them. In a house my brother bought and drives a car he also received from my brother. Lacey's father.

Waiting on DNA for over a year?
they say they are sure child father not responsible?
No forced entry, sexual assault etc?
strangled with a cord, and cut with a knife from the kitchen area?

1. Are we still waiting for the DNA results?
Something tells me they may already know and have not matched it to anyone, though only speculating.

Seems strange, if someone like a man was going there to kill her, they did-not bring the murder weapon with them?

2. Was the electric cord from the apartment also?
From the crime scene, do we know if it started in the living-room/dinning room area, is that where the cord came from?
And ended up in the kitchen area.

My last question I have which is really my main question.
3. I would be interested in knowing, if that DNA matched a female? For some reason, and I am only speculating of course, but I am wondering if perhaps a possible suspect in this case was a woman?

She perhaps, would be/would have been more willing perhaps to let a woman into the apartment for some reason, before she would have let a man in. I don't sense she would have just left her door unlocked and someone walked in.

A woman, would have been more trusting to let in.
Then a man, so i am wondering about that.

If this posting is not appropriate, then please just disregard and a moderator can delete.

THE ABOVE ALL MOO AND SPECULATION ON MY PART.
NOTHING POSTED AS BEING FACT, UNLESS OTHERWISE KNOWN TO BE.

1. Knife was from her kitchen - if they had been there before (like maintenance men) they'd know where to find the knife.

2. I don't know if they are still waiting on DNA they wouldn't call me back or answer AMW when they asked when DNA was sent in. If they had done this before they would not need to bring anything with. IMHO it was an execution. She was found in living room.

3. I don't know - but a physic told me Lacey walked into apt and was angry to find them inside. (Which would be something a maintenance man might do.) Physic also said there were 2 men and a woman look out. She said Who ever did this was angry at Lacey because she threatened him and embarrassed him.

Waiting on DNA for over a year?
they say they are sure child father not responsible?
No forced entry, sexual assault etc?
strangled with a cord, and cut with a knife from the kitchen area?

1. Are we still waiting for the DNA results?
Something tells me they may already know and have not matched it to anyone, though only speculating.

Seems strange, if someone like a man was going there to kill her, they did-not bring the murder weapon with them?

2. Was the electric cord from the apartment also?
From the crime scene, do we know if it started in the living-room/dinning room area, is that where the cord came from?
And ended up in the kitchen area.

My last question I have which is really my main question.
3. I would be interested in knowing, if that DNA matched a female? For some reason, and I am only speculating of course, but I am wondering if perhaps a possible suspect in this case was a woman?

She perhaps, would be/would have been more willing perhaps to let a woman into the apartment for some reason, before she would have let a man in. I don't sense she would have just left her door unlocked and someone walked in.

A woman, would have been more trusting to let in.
Then a man, so i am wondering about that.

If this posting is not appropriate, then please just disregard and a moderator can delete.

THE ABOVE ALL MOO AND SPECULATION ON MY PART.
NOTHING POSTED AS BEING FACT, UNLESS OTHERWISE KNOWN TO BE.

For your response.
Ill wait for the results of the DNA test
before commenting again.

I would be REALLY surprised, if it was the maintenance man at the time. If there is no match on record, I would start asking for female volunteers close to this case, to summit there DNA through a swab for comparisons. It may cause someone to talk.

Thanks again, and i will check back from time to time.

MrTT, What is telling you this? I have been keeping up and reading, just interested in your reasoning.

Thank you for the suggestion I went back over all my case notes and I found some info that supports what you are saying. I really appreciate your help with this!

For your response.
Ill wait for the results of the DNA test
before commenting again.

I would be REALLY surprised, if it was the maintenance man at the time. If there is no match on record, I would start asking for female volunteers close to this case, to summit there DNA through a swab for comparisons. It may cause someone to talk.

Thanks again, and i will check back from time to time.

ChaCha I've been thinking. You might try getting an attorney to open a dialogue with the police for you. If an attorney representing the family contacts the LE it can make them sit up and pay attention. If they do contact an attorney, again emphasize that the family isn't trying to find out the name of the suspect. That they only want to know the status of the investigation and that it is being worked on. And you want to know if there is any likeyhood that Lacey will ever get justice.

Alternatively families have been known to hire their own private investigators. That has had varying results.

If you ever get an interview with LE be sure and ask if there is anything the family can do to assist.

I wonder if there would be a chance of filing a wrongful death suit against the man you believe killed your niece? If the police aren't moving and you feel there is enough circumstantial evidence. It has been done before, and sometimes can lead to a criminal filing.

I hope you get some resolution or at least the beginning of one soon. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful niece.

ChaCha, I am so very sorry for the loss of your niece, Lacey. Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) is actually the focus of my doctoral dissertation and is something I wish the public knew more about.

My thoughts are with you and your entire family as there is no way to ever forget your loss. Keep Lacey's memory alive.

ChaCha, I am so very sorry for the loss of your niece, Lacey. Intimate Partner Violence (IPV) is actually the focus of my doctoral dissertation and is something I wish the public knew more about.

My thoughts are with you and your entire family as there is no way to ever forget your loss. Keep Lacey's memory alive.

What is your major? My husband is a professor. I don't know if you know my daughter was followed by the Chic Trib for several months and Harvard Law helped her in court and did a lethality report. We successfully got a GPS put on him the 1st time he was released but he reviolated almost immediately. Was rearrested and found guilty on a 3rd and 4th viol of op all they gave him was probation but PRB revoked his parole and he was put back in.
It's hell. We are told what's happening. We got a letter on a fri saying he'd be out in a month and put on gps in OCT and at 2am Sat morn calls saying he was out. He was put back in as he had no viable host. But now he will get out next month. He won't het GPS even though we were promised. He will be on prob until Aug.
He hasn't changed, he's not once obeyed even one court ruling, no contact. We're still in court. Because the court allowed him to plea out of the sex crimes status he has visitation off call. There was forensic, physical evidence, a verbal and written confession of him handcuffing, beating and raping my daughter.
I am sorry for the length of this but this is why Lacey thought I could help her. She thought she could escape her abuser. Unfortunately her family felt and still feels the Domestic abuse is a slur on their name.
She called me frequently and regularly and complained no one took her abuse seriously. But she did get an OP and sought out help at the shelter.
The baby's father had gone into court to establish parentage. I am only speculating why he didn't do that when his son was born was so he could avoid court ordered child support. In Sept the case was dropped and could be suspicious.The baby's father gave legal guardianship to Lacey's parents.
I am hopeful the police are getting closer to making an arrest.
Thank you for your kind words. If you'd like me to give you Professor Rosenthals name and number she could tell you how her students helped my daughter.

I also make websites for victims of DV homicide and FB pages (Angel Downs) . I am also working with supportforhomicidesurvivors.com in IL.

I wonder if there would be a chance of filing a wrongful death suit against the man you believe killed your niece? If the police aren't moving and you feel there is enough circumstantial evidence. It has been done before, and sometimes can lead to a criminal filing.

I hope you get some resolution or at least the beginning of one soon. I'm so sorry for the loss of your beautiful niece.

A civil suit would be costly and would have to be brought against the suspect by Lacey's parents. And they have been given legal guardianship by that man. I am sure they are fearful for their grandson and are trying to cooperate with the law enforcement.

I couldn't bring a suit as I would have to show damages to me. Everything happens in it own time.

I appreciate your caring, words and suggestions. You don't know how many times someone says something which triggers a memory or an idea.

Thank you very much.

What is your major? My husband is a professor. I don't know if you know my daughter was followed by the Chic Trib for several months and Harvard Law helped her in court and did a lethality report. We successfully got a GPS put on him the 1st time he was released but he reviolated almost immediately. Was rearrested and found guilty on a 3rd and 4th viol of op all they gave him was probation but PRB revoked his parole and he was put back in.
It's hell. We are told what's happening. We got a letter on a fri saying he'd be out in a month and put on gps in OCT and at 2am Sat morn calls saying he was out. He was put back in as he had no viable host. But now he will get out next month. He won't het GPS even though we were promised. He will be on prob until Aug.
He hasn't changed, he's not once obeyed even one court ruling, no contact. We're still in court. Because the court allowed him to plea out of the sex crimes status he has visitation off call. There was forensic, physical evidence, a verbal and written confession of him handcuffing, beating and raping my daughter.
I am sorry for the length of this but this is why Lacey thought I could help her. She thought she could escape her abuser. Unfortunately her family felt and still feels the Domestic abuse is a slur on their name.
She called me frequently and regularly and complained no one took her abuse seriously. But she did get an OP and sought out help at the shelter.
The baby's father had gone into court to establish parentage. I am only speculating why he didn't do that when his son was born was so he could avoid court ordered child support. In Sept the case was dropped and could be suspicious.The baby's father gave legal guardianship to Lacey's parents.
I am hopeful the police are getting closer to making an arrest.
Thank you for your kind words. If you'd like me to give you Professor Rosenthals name and number she could tell you how her students helped my daughter.

I am so sorry that I am just now logging back onto the site...my apologies for this late response to you, ChaCha.

My PhD will be in Nursing Education. I am also a professor. :innocent:

How very frustrating to hear that your daughter's abuser will soon be released. That is unfortunately a major issue with IPV abusers. My husband worked to develop the VINE system to alert victims when their abusers will be released. Of course this only does so much as OPs and phone calls cannot truly ensure the safety of an individual.

Are there no further leads in Lacey's case? I signed the petition on the site and am planning on putting something on my Yorkie's Facebook page about the case since he has over 1,800 friends. Silly, I know, but a lot of people will see it there. Let me know if there is anything in particular you want me to put on the page itself.

Bewitchingstorm -

You are very kind. So you are probably very familiar with Jacquelyn C. Campbell lethality assessments. Harvard Law Prof Diane Rosenfeld did one for my daughter's case. I'd like to see them used more frequently in DV cases. They could be helpful in saving lives.

That's impressive your husband worked on VINE. I was actually called by an AP reporter about the VINE system.

I am truly hoping for more preventative measures for victims of crime. I would like there to be a similar care and treatment shown for victims as in the medical system. I often write about it.

Why? Shouldn’t law like medicine reflect reality and “First, do no harm”to the victims?
http://supportforhomicidesurvivors.com/life-is-precious/

There is a real problem between the states. No standardization of forms. Many criminals are thus flying under the radar system. So many criminals are not imput into the LEADS and NICE systems. This is the case in Regan's rapist/abuser. I had to contact the AG's office and request the help of the chief deputy.

Hence in IL the new bill work-around of a murder registry. With there being over 1700 different criminal justice systems and the fact that we have many criminals from foreign counties in which they have 4 names - US citizens have 3. As a Det in Lacey's case told me "It can be like finding a needle in a haystack. "

But with VINE and even the prison inmate info at doc, it isn't perfect but it's better than flying blind.

My husband is a prof in Art.

What ever you could do to help bring awareness to my niece's murder case. I'd truly appreciate. FYI - I'll be on Hear Women Talk Radio tomorrow with Anne Petterson (sister to Peggy Dianovsky- a terrible case of justice denied)

http://ilhomicidesolvedunsolved-shs.blogspot.com/2011/03/peggy-dianovsky-case-unsolved.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
atriumproperties
Back