DNA Solves
DNA Solves
2383202590045078242S600x600Q851.jpg
2185127880045078242S600x600Q851.jpg

Tattoos:
tatoos_SM.gif

This Jane Doe is now in NamUs:

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11079

Were those tattoos a professional job? In that rendition, they look home brew.

Home brew tattoos and breast implants would make me think former exotic dancer.

Wait wait, on NAMUS it says her body was mummified and she is:

"missing upper right limb, missing entire left extremity"

................ so she's missing the upper right part of her arm but not the lower one? o_O

There's no mention of shoes or underwear so I assume they were not present. I would assume she was placed there during warm weather since she was wearing shorts. It doesn't give the sizes of her clothing but that must be known because that's how they usually (along with height) make weight estimates in these type situations and they do give her weight at about 120#. She has some fairly extensive dental work which would indicate to me that she was above lower middle class or was at one time at least.

http://www.americanoutfitters.com/AboutUs.htm

IDK if this is related to the shirt she was wearing but it's the only thing I could find in regards to "American Outfitter"

Would this be a possibility: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vukelich_vikki.html

32, missing from a town 1 1/2 hours away from Norway, petite, slim, hairdresser, had a c-section scar (I know it says the UID "had never given birth but might have had a hysterectomy" -- could they have confused that??)

Vikki might be a little too far-fetched.

vukelich_vikki5.jpg

http://www.mywebtimes.com/archives/ottawa/display.php?id=440186

Here's a link to the story in the first post...

"Who was Jane Doe? 20 years later, dead woman's identity remains mystery

The remains of a woman lie at Oakwood Memorial Park in Ottawa, specifically in the area known as the Garden of the Hymns. Her gravestone reads, "SOMEBODY'S DAUGHTER, SOMEBODY'S FRIEND."

One of the more interesting comments: "This post may seem insensitive. It's not meant to. Clearly investigators are out of leads. So I will offer this for what it's worth: Jane Doe may have been a "sex worker" (implants were less common and more expensive in this time period). She may have been born in a foreign country. (perhaps former East Bloc). During this time period, there was a large and well established prostitution ring run out of Marina Towers in Chicago. It was run with the help of a dentist, who would make routine repairs on the teeth of the hookers. Repairs that would be largely undocumented. Again, theory offered...for what it's worth."

This was a featured story on the front page of The Times Newspaper in Ottawa, yesterday 13 September 2016. Includes photos of two different renderings of what she may have looked like, as well as her gravesite. http://www.mywebtimes.com/news/local/who-was-jane-doe-years-later-dead-woman-s-identity/article_6da23ea3-0a09-5245-a947-f918f3002cb2.html

Jane Doe remains unidentified 25 years later

"SOMEBODY'S DAUGHTER, SOMEBODY'S FRIEND."

That's part of the wording on a gravestone for Jane Doe, a woman found dead 25 years ago — Sept. 13, 1991 — near Norway, whom La Salle County Coroner Bill Wujek still hopes he can identify.

<modsnip>

I don't think a domestic murder should be ruled out either especially since there's a certain class of creepy husbands who pressure their wives into getting breast implants.

http://www.americanoutfitters.com/AboutUs.htm

IDK if this is related to the shirt she was wearing but it's the only thing I could find in regards to "American Outfitter"

Would this be a possibility: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/v/vukelich_vikki.html

32, missing from a town 1 1/2 hours away from Norway, petite, slim, hairdresser, had a c-section scar (I know it says the UID "had never given birth but might have had a hysterectomy" -- could they have confused that??)

Vikki might be a little too far-fetched.

vukelich_vikki5.jpg

There is some widening of the bones in the pelvis area in females that have given birth. I'm pretty sure that can't be mistaken. Plus I would guess a csection scar would be visible if tattoos were still visible.

I'm just gonna throw in Kathleen Beitzel as a suggestion here. There's a twelve year gap from when she went missing until this Jane Doe was discovered, but Kathleen was also about 5'4, would be about 45 y/o in 1991, had breast implants, and was from Illinois.
Currently there appear to be the following exclusions in NamUs
6 Missing Person Exclusions
  • MP2707
    Robin Abrams
  • MP39102
    Latreesia Johnson
  • MP8253
    Deborah McCall
  • MP40487
    Kathleen Beitzel
  • MP4664
    Belinda VanLith
  • MP4218
    Flora Tobin
What do you all think about the possibility of Pamela Sue Dalton?

What do you all think about the possibility of Pamela Sue Dalton?
Pamela Dalton may be a good match; there are a few discrepancies but I think there are reasonable explanations:

- weight of UID est at 120lb and Pamela was 160lb. Then again she could have lost weight. Also as the UID was mummified we don't know if that was the mummified weight or the estimated live weight.
- distance is more than 300mi, but Pamela went missing "some time" that year so could easily have travelled that far. The two locations are connected by two interstates.
- Pamela has a tattoo on her leg that is not mentioned for the UID, but Namus says at least one limb was not recovered, so perhaps a leg was missing?
- the tattoos don't seem to match but then Pamela's records don't have much of a description; given she was reported as "missing sometime in 1991" then perhaps the person who reported her hadn't had much recent contact with her to know where/what markings she had.
- ditto with breast implants - if the person reporting her missing didn't even know a rough date (just a year) were they really close enough to know this type of detail.

Pamela was missing from St Louis so I'd say it's possible the perp was driving from St Louis to Chicago. It seems to be right on the route I took when I did that drive. Has she been submitted?
No, we haven't submitted the possible match to NamUs (or anywhere else) yet. I decided to float the idea here first. Tbh I have tried contacting Allen Neal (our NamUs regional expert) in the past with possible matches, and he has never replied with any acknowledgement. I was thinking about reaching out to the ME directly on this one, but that would be a first for me. If anyone here has a working relationship that could facilitate this process our group would appreciate the help!

I was thinking about reaching out to the ME directly on this one...!
I'll be honest and say I've never had any feedback on anything submitted to Namus. But the very small number of occasions I've felt strongly enough to reach out to ME I've received a very nice answer back each time. I'd try the ME. The worst that can happen is they won't answer.

I'll be honest and say I've never had any feedback on anything submitted to Namus. But the very small number of occasions I've felt strongly enough to reach out to ME I've received a very nice answer back each time. I'd try the ME. The worst that can happen is they won't answer.
Thank you Melt71, although it is frustrating to know this has been your experience it is also good to know it is not just our group getting the cold response. I will reach out to the ME and update with any feedback I receive! ☺

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
timbo1966
Back