IL - Lattie McGee, 4, tortured to death, Chicago, 14 Aug 1987

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
"No insurance," did this woman actually say this? Please, an abused child is never taken to doctor/hospital! I speak from experience, I was an abused child. My mother never took us to the doctors, no matter how sick we were! She was afraid that we would tell about step-father abusing us. We had great insurance, we were covered by my biological fathers insurance. Laddies & Cornelius story was heartbreaking for me, started to watch TV show yesterday, watched about 10 minutes and had to shut it off. I wanted to reach through TV set & squeeze the life out of her!

I did too, she made me so angry with her smug self, I was almost in tears but I had to keep watching to see if she would show a hint of remorse. Did you see the interview with the police officer. He said he has been a cop for 20 years since then as he was a rookie and has never seen anything so horrible since that day. He said he remembers the mother saying her BF said Lattie was a homosexual because he seen him dancing to some music. A few years later this officer saw his own son dancing at about Lattie's age and his wife said look how cute he is and all he could think was that Lattie was killed for doing that same thing.

I did too, she made me so angry with her smug self, I was almost in tears but I had to keep watching to see if she would show a hint of remorse. Did you see the interview with the police officer. He said he has been a cop for 20 years since then as he was a rookie and has never seen anything so horrible since that day. He said he remembers the mother saying her BF said Lattie was a homosexual because he seen him dancing to some music. A few years later this officer saw his own son dancing at about Lattie's age and his wife said look how cute he is and all he could think was that Lattie was killed for doing that same thing.

Hi, I sent you a PM. Did she show any remorse at all? Now I wished I would have finished watching it, but really, the rage I started to feel was horrific! I felt the same way about Tesslyn O'Cull and how she was abused by her mothers bf, once again mother stands by and does absolutely nothing! :furious:
I hope she rots in prison!!

http://www.jewishworldreview.com/bob/greene111899.asp

But on an April Sunday afternoon in 1990, prosecutor Bigoness and I took Cornelius to see the Bulls play the Miami Heat.

Cornelius was a thin, extremely quiet boy; he had the wide, all-seeing eyes of a frightened doe. He seemed almost unable to believe that he was in the Stadium. He had been locked up and tormented and hurt, with no one to save him; the adults in his life had wanted only to belittle and humiliate him -- and now here he was. He said nothing. He just looked around.

Bigoness and I took Cornelius down a flight of stairs to the basement level. A door opened and a man came out. Cornelius looked up, and his eyes filled with a combination of wonder and awe and total disbelief.

He tried to say something, but the words would not come out. So the man helped him out by speaking first.

"Hi, Cornelius," the man said. "I'm Michael Jordan."

I had never met Jordan before that day; he had heard about the case, and had volunteered to do this. He knelt down and spoke quietly with Cornelius; he did not rush. He said, "Are you going to cheer for us today? We're going to need it."

This is another story about Cornelius.

Hi, I sent you a PM. Did she show any remorse at all? Now I wished I would have finished watching it, but really, the rage I started to feel was horrific! I felt the same way about Tesslyn O'Cull and how she was abused by her mothers bf, once again mother stands by and does absolutely nothing! :furious:
I hope she rots in prison!!

http://www.suite101.com/article.cfm/child_abuse_and_recovery/93792

Here is an article with a poem at the end dedicated to Lattie and Tesslyn. Someone else saw the similarities too.

I do like Steve Wilkos. Yes, he wants good ratings, so his show can survive. But I believe he truly cares about abused women and children. His in-your-face confrontational style may not suit everybody, but his heart is in the right place. He is a former Marine and policeman, and a devoted husband and father to his two children. He is the angry voice that the lost, abused, and murdered do not have. I love when he asks abusers the hard questions. But sometimes his lie detector tests show that someone who is portraying themselves as abused are not in fact a victim. His show is currently my favorite daytime show.

I had never heard of Lattie or his brother. I ran across his story on a myspace page dedicated to him. Even after all these years, the outrage I feel for what he went through is tremendous. I hope that the two monsters that did that to him are suffering everyday in prison.

Poor child had no chance god bless him,so sad..x

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back