GUILTY IL - Liam Roberts, 6, dies from starvation, Jerseyville, 2017 *Dad & stepmom arrested*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
They were also charged with two counts of endangering the lives of children; one for Liam Roberts, and one for his 7-year-old brother, identified by the Jersey County State's Attorney as A.P.R. The charged are accused by authorities of depriving the brothers of food for punishment, leaving them "extremely malnourished."

A.P.R. was sent to a local ICU, where he was in stable condition as of Wednesday afternoon.

https://www.riverbender.com/article...le-gathers-to-remember-6yearold-boy-24831.cfm

from a Chicago Trib editorial on the case:

Adding to the devastation Liam endured is the fact that it could have been stopped. Someone — we don’t know who — notified DCFS nearly two years ago that there was inadequate food in the home. That is, someone decided to take action, called the DCFS hotline and tried to help. But the agency closed the case after a pediatrician said Liam’s low weight was the result of a medical condition.

Was Liam examined in person by that doctor? Was the boy interviewed by a DCFS caseworker? Were siblings interviewed, away from the parents? Did anyone go inside the home? Did state workers examine the family’s past history with the agency? The stepmother, according to The Telegraph, was charged in 2003 with running a meth lab and with possession of cannabis; she pleaded guilty to drug possession.

And while at least one person did notify DCFS, how many others — perhaps social workers, school personnel, law enforcement officers, neighbors, friends, family — suspected abuse or neglect but failed to call the DCFS hotline or notify child welfare officials?

All questions unanswered. Law enforcement and DCFS are not yet releasing further details.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...rvation-child-jerseyville-20171108-story.html

"We need to get back to the way it used to be in this country, when everyone knew their next door neighbors and took care of each other," he said. "We're too caught up in our own lives to care about each other these days."

His sentiments are similar to many in the community who have taken to social media to speak about their regrets of not knowing of the alleged abuse, which authorities claimed occurred over the course of nearly two years.

"It's going to take more than sentiment to fix this," Schultz said.

https://www.riverbender.com/article...le-gathers-to-remember-6yearold-boy-24831.cfm

So sad. All I know from knowing people who knew them make me sick. I pray the remaining 5 children will never go through anything so horrendous again and all find a happy caring family.

The child's step-mother Georgena Roberts was arrested for endangering the life or health of a child and for heroin and meth possession all in 2003. The arrest happened before she married Michael Roberts. Court records show the charges were dismissed or reduced to a fine in 2005.

Court records from Illinois also reflect the boy's biological mother Kimberly Roberts sought and received an order of protection against her then-husband Michael Roberts in 2013. Kimberly Roberts herself was later arrested for possession of a controlled substance.

Finally, the child's father Michael Roberts was arrested for theft and possession of drug use items. The charges were dismissed.

[...]

We also filed document requests under the Freedom of Information Act on DCFS, local law enforcement and the state attorney in charge of the investigation.

A preliminary hearing is scheduled at the Jersey County courthouse on Monday

http://www.ksdk.com/mobile/article/...0e4&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook

RIP Liam. I hope his siblings & step-siblings are placed in loving homes.

Did bio Mom not have access to Liam & his sibling?

Wish I could write answers but websleuth rules are we aren't allowed to sleigh her at this time. I know several who knew both since this is my hometown. If and when I can talk more I will add more ;)

Wish I could write answers but websleuth rules are we aren't allowed to sleigh her at this time. I know several who knew both since this is my hometown. If and when I can talk more I will add more ;)

:tyou: Aimee!

It sounds like it is the bio children of the dad that were starved. Could it be possible that the step mum didn't like the children because they were not hers and the dad went along with her. The interview with the old friends say the step mum is home all day. But its true the dad came home on a night so had to have seen. I just can't understand how you could slowly watch your child starve to death. They have got to have been begging for food. There is 3 teenage children too so god knows what they have seen over time and been made to keep quiet. Poor children

The former friends told Dan, "At first we were all in disbelief. We thought she was being railroaded. We started to doubt that…how could our friend do this. Every time it comes back to a six-year-old that weighed 17 pounds. You can’t dispute that fact and she looked at that baby every day."

Another added, “17 pounds at six years old…that’s being starved and you can’t dispute that.She was the one at home all day. And even if she was the one home all day, Mike did come home at night. He should have seen it. So they’re both guilty."

https://www.google.com/amp/fox2now....f-starving-boy-to-death-plead-not-guilty/amp/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is one of those crimes that makes me wish that justice was done by giving the guilty the same treatment as the victim. Poor boy reminds me of the Daniel Pelka case.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauriedries23456!
Back