IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 - #2

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know if he was trying to quit smoking or not. But isn't Chantrix known to cause suicidal behavior?

Just speculating

NO. But reportedly the foreign DNA is on his gun, which they found shortly after they found him. Amazing that that DNA test took so little time, but other lab tests were not completed as expeditiously. I am presuming that they are completed now because they are Finally meeting with Rudd on Sunday. The gun cannot be the "significant" item that was found four days later. No clue what that was, unless it was a casing. All is still mysterious..... JMO
It is much easier/quicker to rule out a DNA match than it is to extract a full DNA profile and then run it through the system. Especially depending on the source of dna.

I don't know if he was trying to quit smoking or not. But isn't Chantrix known to cause suicidal behavior?

Just speculating
Very good point! My dad had to stop Chantix because it made him suicidal, life was going pretty great for him at the time. I do fear that if he had had additional stressors going on at the time he might have been more susceptible to carrying through on the ideation.

Just speculating

And Felinko did say the tox results could be very relevant.

I found the pathologist that I mentioned! She is interested and will try to visit!! YAY! JMO

Just a few notes based on some of the recent comments, that I would like to make.

First of all, for those of you who have NOT read his FB comments, I would like to clarify that I personally do NOT see anything he has ever stated as racist. All I was trying to state was that SOME may feel that SOME may think it could be considered racist. In other words, Antioch may have not thought it was racist, but may have been concerned that OTHERS may have thought it was racist. Simply because he was against the BLM movement, the riots in Ferguson, Obama, etc...does NOT mean he is a racist, although there are some who would suggest that. So I only pointed out what I thought MAY have been one reason that Antioch passed on him. I do not want anyone to falsely think there is any indication that he is racist in any way, shape or form.

Sure, Chantix can make you suicidal, but generally there would be other symptoms as well, such as vast changes in behavior that may well have been noticed by those close to him. There is no indication of that at all. If this was a suicide, it wasn't because he was depressed. It would have been a calculated choice based upon what he felt was in the best interest of his family. I truly believe this. I don't agree with it, but I believe that is what he would have believed. He lived a life spent serving others. That may be how he wanted to go out.

I have not seen his Twitter account though that someone mentioned. Is someone able to link to it?

TIA

Thank you Duchess I don't have a FB account and haven't seen his FB it or his twitter.

Thank you Duchess I don't have a FB account and haven't seen his FB it or his twitter.

No problem. And just for the record, he didn't post a lot of ranting and raving about the whole BLM vs. cops movement or politics...it was more of just reposting a lot of the same things millions of other people post daily.

Screenshot_2015-09-18-15-36-12.jpg
" The rumors have been he committed suicide for various reasons but that he chose to identify a blackman in his suspious call for political reasons.

Make of it what you will....

I can't relate to social media and "rumors" or lightweight rationalizations for dragging race into this discussion.

I can relate to this:

The photograph I've attached is of Officer Daniel Byrd of the Waukegan Illinois Police Department.

Waukegan Police Officer Daniel Byrd came to the Fox Lake Police Department served in the Army with Gliniewicz. He came to Fox Lake with his infant son, his sister and her two daughters, to pay tribute to the fallen officer.

“He was a great guy and a great leader,” Byrd said. “I’m heartbroken.”

As a police officer, Byrd said he knows he and his fellow officers face danger every day, but that doesn’t diminish the shock he felt when he heard about his friend’s death.

“You know this can happen but you never think this will happen to someone you know,” he said.

“It hit close to home. I just feel numb inside,” Daniel Byrd said. “Some people just smile for the camera. He didn’t just smile for the camera. That was him. That was his personality.

View attachment 81728

I can't relate to social media and "rumors" or lightweight rationalizations for dragging race into this discussion.

I can relate to this:

The photograph I've attached is of Officer Daniel Byrd of the Waukegan Illinois Police Department.

Waukegan Police Officer Daniel Byrd came to the Fox Lake Police Department served in the Army with Gliniewicz. He came to Fox Lake with his infant son, his sister and her two daughters, to pay tribute to the fallen officer.

“He was a great guy and a great leader,” Byrd said. “I’m heartbroken.”

As a police officer, Byrd said he knows he and his fellow officers face danger every day, but that doesn’t diminish the shock he felt when he heard about his friend’s death.

“You know this can happen but you never think this will happen to someone you know,” he said.

“It hit close to home. I just feel numb inside,” Daniel Byrd said. “Some people just smile for the camera. He didn’t just smile for the camera. That was him. That was his personality.

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Beautiful. Thank you for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks TD, I originally saw video of Officer Byrd, his Sister and Children at the memorial shortly after Lt. Gliniewicz's death. It came to mind today and I was able to find some articles. Apologies for not providing links. Screenshot_2015-09-18-15-36-04.jpg

If the Lt. is declared a suicide, will that take benefits away from his family? If so, some? All? Most? I'm sure this has been discussed, but, if so, I missed it.

Hope this doesn't drag on much longer. His family must feel like they're dangling over a black hole.

Is there a mandatory age for retirement from LE?

Just a few notes based on some of the recent comments, that I would like to make.

First of all, for those of you who have NOT read his FB comments, I would like to clarify that I personally do NOT see anything he has ever stated as racist. All I was trying to state was that SOME may feel that SOME may think it could be considered racist. In other words, Antioch may have not thought it was racist, but may have been concerned that OTHERS may have thought it was racist. Simply because he was against the BLM movement, the riots in Ferguson, Obama, etc...does NOT mean he is a racist, although there are some who would suggest that. So I only pointed out what I thought MAY have been one reason that Antioch passed on him. I do not want anyone to falsely think there is any indication that he is racist in any way, shape or form.

Sure, Chantix can make you suicidal, but generally there would be other symptoms as well, such as vast changes in behavior that may well have been noticed by those close to him. There is no indication of that at all. If this was a suicide, it wasn't because he was depressed. It would have been a calculated choice based upon what he felt was in the best interest of his family. I truly believe this. I don't agree with it, but I believe that is what he would have believed. He lived a life spent serving others. That may be how he wanted to go out.

I have not seen his Twitter account though that someone mentioned. Is someone able to link to it?

TIA

BBM
You can get to the twitter account from the AIM username listed on his facebook. It also connects with his instagram. Just remember one of his 7 favorited tweets is a VERY NSWF animated GIF.

BBM
You can get to the twitter account from the AIM username listed on his facebook. It also connects with his instagram. Just remember one of his 7 favorited tweets is a VERY NSWF animated GIF.

All I have seen is the instagram photos. Can't see others, not on FB. Friend sent instagram. Pictures do tell a story......not everything, of course, but we have photos of what we hold dear. They show what we value. Photos of posters and statements and caricatures, show what we relate to, despise, and are humored by. JMO.....these show me that he expected to and aspired to go out as a hero, on his terms, which are defined by his collection.

Let's stay on topic and not debate the proper way to quote posts. IF there's a problem with your quoted post, please alert instead of derailing the thread. Thanks.

If the Lt. is declared a suicide, will that take benefits away from his family? If so, some? All? Most? I'm sure this has been discussed, but, if so, I missed it.

Hope this doesn't drag on much longer. His family must feel like they're dangling over a black hole.

Is there a mandatory age for retirement from LE?

I believe she and her children would still be entitled to his pension as well as social security and likely any life insurance. I do not believe they would receive any benefits for him being killed in the line of duty.

IDK if police in IL get social security. I think it's a state pension only. They don't pay into social security.

CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) - A critical meeting between investigators and the coroner in the case involving the shooting death of Fox Lake Police Lt. Joe Gliniewicz is finally about to happen. It could mean the task force is a step closer to determining how he was killed.

But FOX 32 News has learned that there have been unforeseen complications in critical ballistics tests that have delayed the investigation. Lake County Sheriff’s Detective Chris Covelli confirms that the Northeastern Illinois Crime lab was unable to do all the necessary ballistics test, requiring that some highly sophisticated camera equipment be brought in from another lab to conduct additional tests to make sure nothing is missed.
Those tests are focused on reconstructing the trajectory of the bullet that killed Gliniewicz, as well as the distance from which it was likely fired. Tests are still also being done on the bullet that killed the officer.
http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/21619159-story

http://www.fox32chicago.com/news/local/21619159-story

Updated:Sep 18 2015 07:29PM CDT

CHICAGO (FOX 32 News) - "A critical meeting between investigators and the coroner in the case involving the shooting death of Fox Lake Police Lt. Joe Gliniewicz is finally about to happen. It could mean the task force is a step closer to determining how he was killed.

But FOX 32 News has learned that there have been unforeseen complications in critical ballistics tests that have delayed the investigation. Lake County Sheriff’s Detective Chris Covelli confirms that the Northeastern Illinois Crime lab was unable to do all the necessary ballistics test, requiring that some highly sophisticated camera equipment be brought in from another lab to conduct additional tests to make sure nothing is missed.
Those tests are focused on reconstructing the trajectory of the bullet that killed Gliniewicz, as well as the distance from which it was likely fired. Tests are still also being done on the bullet that killed the officer."

More at link.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member