IL - Lt. Charles 'Joe' Gliniewicz, 52, found dead, Fox Lake, 1 Sep 2015 *wife arrested* #7

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
G'night, egregious internet trolls! LOL. JMO

Awwwww ..I have fond memories as a high school student as a member of the Explorers !

Awwwww ..I have fond memories as a high school student as a member of the Explorers !

I think it's a good organization, personally. But not the way that GI Joe ran it. He trained kids as if it was a militia organization. And the embezzlement is another matter altogether. But I'm glad you were in the Explorers, and I think it's a good experience for many kids.

Maybe joe was slowly trying to build his own side police force. Some places like Detroit will hire side contract policing /security forces. Idk.

With his record, I honestly don't know that he was employable as a LEO outside of FL.

I also wonder if he was a hoarder? With the sex and alcohol problems another addiction wouldn't be uncommon. Addicts often have multiple addictions.

Oh, the hardship! :rolleyes: He/they continued to commingle funds for 15 months after AM began requesting information. .....and 6 bank accounts? Who has 6 bank accounts? There appears to be no limit to the arrogance and boundary crossing with these two. I really feel for their kids, including DJ. What a way to be raised.

You reap what you sow. I don't know why any of this is a surprise to her. I hope the wheels of justice move quickly in this case.

Spending allegations detailed as Gliniewicz accounts frozen

Daily Herald
Updated November 18, 2015

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20151117/news/151119003/

“Melodie Gliniewicz's lawyers also released legal documents containing several details at the heart of the ongoing financial investigation. Those details include specific amounts of money authorities believe Charles Gliniewicz took from bank accounts that involved the Fox Lake Law Enforcement Explorer Post 300 he led as an adviser.

Within the news release was the affidavit filed by Lake County investigators in seeking the order to freeze Melodie Gliniewicz's personal financial account. The document, released by the law firm of Kelleher and Buckley LLC, also contained financial information authorities used to show Charles Gliniewicz took thousands of dollars from Explorer financial accounts and spent it on coffee, restaurants, movies at the Fox Lake Theater, vacations, hormone supplements, and adult entertainment and dating websites.

In all, the affidavit shows six accounts and two credit cards frozen Nov. 6.”

“According to the affidavit, the main bank account was issued to the Fox Lake Explorer post and Charles Gliniewicz. In the court document, authorities said that bank account, active from September 2008 through April 2015, was used "to cover personal expenses on a consistent basis."

The affidavit shows Charles Gliniewicz made 238 coffee runs totaling $2,455, spent $8,822 on 453 restaurants visits, and went to the movie theater 98 times at a cost of $7,216. In addition, there were $29,157 worth of cash withdrawals from the account, along with 98 charges totaling $7,216 for hormonal supplements, and 66 transactions for adult entertainment and dating websites totaling $2,623, the document states.

Authorities also allege a trip to Hawaii costing $5,683 was paid for out of that account in August 2014, and that a student loan was covered at a cost of $15,234.

Charles Gliniewicz closed that main Explorer account in April, but he opened a new Explorer account and two personal accounts at different banks, authorities allege.

Officials said the new Explorer account was used to pay $6,242 to a police supply store in McHenry, and a $777 loan was issued to Charles Gliniewicz's son, Donald Gliniewicz, while various other personal loans, restaurant, Best Buy and grocery store purchases were made totaling $3,472.

In the affidavit, officials said the largest cash withdrawal from the first Explorer account was $7,000, which was deposited into the account of Melodie Gliniewicz.”​

More ...

Looking at all the crap/stuff the money was spent on, was it worth a life? Was it worth throwing away family? He sure took the low road.

Hormonal supplements for JG? Anabolic steroids or testosterone? Certainly would explain a few aspects of his behavior.

Is it typical for an Explorers post to have so much money saved up? I doubt it, and I don't see how they'd make so much from parking cars at the fair.

Did no one notice how much was coming in and going out because MG was in charge of accounting? He was living way beyond his means and people notice that.

After reading the article Nora linked (thanks!), I cannot imagine that Melodie was not involved. I hope she is prosecuted, swiftly and severely.

I would guess that at least some of the Explorer income came by way of the competitions and workshops his post sponsored as well as from other fees that the members (and their utterly blind parents) incurred for this and that. Remember, his post met virtually every single week while most meet once a month. His post also had activities all but ten weekends a year. Most of the activities involved money from what I could tell by looking at descriptions and forms for the activities.

This is my first post--been lurking here since I stumbled upon this forum on Labor Day when the whole scenario stopped making sense to me. I grew up in Lake County and still live in the Chicago area.

What intrigues me about the latest document dump from Melodie's attorneys was the direct deposits from JG's paycheck. Was this part of a tax scam too? Making contributions to a 501 (c)(3) and then getting to use the funds anyway?

Very weird.

Great first post, KareBear. That's an intriguing possibility. Getting his income written off as a tax-deductible charitable donation seems like exactly the sort of scam the two of them would pull.

This is my first post--been lurking here since I stumbled upon this forum on Labor Day when the whole scenario stopped making sense to me. I grew up in Lake County and still live in the Chicago area.

What intrigues me about the latest document dump from Melodie's attorneys was the direct deposits from JG's paycheck. Was this part of a tax scam too? Making contributions to a 501 (c)(3) and then getting to use the funds anyway?

Very weird.

Welcome to WS, KareBear59! :welcome:

I'll bet there's still going to be more to come. All of this stealing and scamming has amounted to a pretty big scandal, but I think there may still be a scheme that was going on that nobody is yet aware of, or maybe the entire scope of it isn't quite obvious yet. Something along the lines of selling the military surplus for cash is what I'm leaning towards.

That of course would be a federal crime, which would carry a lot stiffer penalties. I think what G.I. Joe feared most of all was being locked in the same jail cell with the same people he had rousted and hustled through the years. I'm not so sure it was the money he stole that had him concerned, it was being locked up like a caged animal that he feared the most.

Bottom line.........he could dish out the punishment........but he couldn't take it himself, even though it was well deserved.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FindIreneFlemingWAState
Back